It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground Around Los Angeles Moving Sideways- from Nov. 2015

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I don't think this happened or is more than a landslide. Suprstation95 is half true things and half not. It is the one that said 1/2 of Buffalo NY was about to be destroyed by a water sieche.

edit on 7-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

This website puts real sports scores up and the occasional real news story, but it really should be a hoax bin site, IMO.
edit on 7-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Here are two more links:

LA Times
laist.com

Just a landslide, with a twist! It seems to have only affected a small area. No housing or developments around there?

Could there not be a mundane, understandable, reason for there being less/little access to data?

True American, can't you get historical data for the area? from your sources?
I just find it hard to believe there's nothing for that time frame

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I'm just going to say nothing surprises me anymore and the idea of major geologic changes needing to take millennia oddly enough baffled me as a child but makes more sense now. Can't help but wonder if it's conditioning all the sudden, hmm. Funny, I had the same baffled knee jerk thought as a child when I heard where oil "comes from".

Yet here we are. My local weatherman (love him) is full of energy at the ass crack of dawn, loves life and shares his passion for weather/nature. As such, he is prone to off handed comments about our "wacky" weather up here in the NE. Way way below average winter last year and way above normal temps this winter. Not entirely unusual but when you take into consideration the frequency in one winter to break records week after week and lower temp after lower temp, to a new winter where one day it's 18 F in the day 33F at night, then the next day is 65F to the next day being 5F. Those are some massively irrational temperature swings.

Side note, could you imagine waking up to go to work and as you're sipping your coffee during the morning commute, you find a mountain now standing in your way? Just wow

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight
I don't know what to think. I awoke being in the process of making a mitered frame, out of a tropical hardwood known for being oily, including my brother, and Donald Trump. He was having trouble sleeping, and when he awoke, I noted that he put on his shoes right off. I was having a little difficulty getting one corner to set, but it was square. Everything was square. All I had to do was clamp it, and let the joint dry. Then I asked if he wanted a coffee, and he seemed disinterested, when I awoke. Thank God someone is willing to do it, I had muttered just before I went to bed. You could not force me to do it, under any conditions.

I have loved ones out there who won't give me the time of day, ever since I asked them to sell the Pacific Waste Reservoir lots. Instead I get this crap about being jealous because I have no fame, nor marketable ambition. And that I just want to ruin another gloriously happy life. When I told a friend that I was willing to give Geffen an audition, it was turned into a comedy sketch behind my back. What is funny about that? Everyone deserves a hearing, and not just known criminals. Jesus, now we're gonna hear about how we caused this, by using fireplaces, all over again.

# 587

edit on 6-3-2016 by TheWhiteKnight because: Ho Ho. Regina. Regina.

Good Lord, that read like one of those random paragraphs at the end of the Nigerian Royalty Inheritance emails!

Read it twice, still don't see how it's relevant to the thread. extra DIV

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Ahhhh California, the land of cheap burritos and cheaper beer. Development couldn't have anything to do with it could it ? Or the resulting diversion of ancient waterways or the paths they take. Or the pumping aquifers nearly dry, allowing the overburden to sag and crumble/slide..? Or the sheer tonnage of development, cars and trucks, and people.... Do you think this has no effect ? Times 35 million, a house, car, pool, and re-allocation of water for landscape. This differential in weight surely couldn't have anything to do with the ground deformations ......could it ?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23 dogstar23, you called that one right......... aaa jeez

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClownFish
Under the picture it says it could be from rain. Makes sense. Hopefully a geologist or civil engineer can speak up.

Interesting. Thanks.

then why isnt it happening every where else it rains? not buying it.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder

originally posted by: ClownFish
Under the picture it says it could be from rain. Makes sense. Hopefully a geologist or civil engineer can speak up.

Interesting. Thanks.

then why isnt it happening every where else it rains? not buying it.

That is easy to explain;

Firstly the bit that moved has clearly had part of the hill cut away to make the road - that in itself can destablilise a hill enough to go in a localised spot. To go back to the example of my mother's farm, several of the largest slips are on tracks that have been cut out of the hillside - the hill slumps where there is an unnatural roughly 90 degree angle cut out of it.

Secondly, Mum's farm receives the same rainfall more or less over it's entire 90 acres. Different bits move every winter. One entire hillside slips a little more every year, but most slips are seemingly random - one cannot tell by eye what areas are most unstable and therefore predict what will go next.
edit on 9-3-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican
Remember that 'NAVY MAP' first seen , and still present on youtube ??

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Just want to let you know, I am still following this thread.

Boy oh boy.

How do you all think the mountains grew as they are.

When a big earthquake hit's it is gonna reverberate.

It will affect the whole United states. Even in my area. We are on solid rock.

But it will be ringing like a bell. Sound familiar?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arrestme
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim.

I can't believe nobody starred or got this Tool quote. The whole song's about California falling into the sea.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

I theory that a 12-15.0 EQ would form mountains/ranges in minutes or hours & events like this are why we have places like Machu Picchu.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
My experience with California makes this slippage not surprising to me at all.
My stepdad lives in Carbon Canyon, and behind his home is a big slope, that has shown to be very unstable. It slips periodically, with no way to predict when it will happen. It was always in small increments, unti; one day half the friggen hill broke and slipped, creating a big crack in the earth and a rise at the bottom (in the backyard).

This has started to move faster since the area has continued to get more arid - where there used to be flowers, grasses and shrubs, there is nothing but dry dirt now, so with or without rain, with or without earthquakes (though it is on the Whittier fault line), that area is in movement.

The worst is that someone built a HUGE four story house on the top of it recently, despite studies showing it to be unsafe and unstable! All warnings to these people (some sort of rich foriegners) they waved off rudely, and it is basically sure it will topple down on my dads house one day.

Something about living in California with that threat of "the big one" makes you ignore all risks, living for the moment.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Arrestme

The whole song's about California falling into the sea.

No.

It's more about California moving to Oregon. At least, that's what California is actually doing, sliding up the coast.
edit on 3/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Arrestme

The whole song's about California falling into the sea.

No.

It's more about California moving to Oregon. At least, that's what California is actually doing, sliding up the coast.

I see, but I was talking about the TooL song Ænema. See you down in Arizona Bay.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2   >>

join