It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange noise on approx 11.360 Mhz NOW! - WAV file included.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
There is a strange noise on about 11.360Mhz (I have an analog readout on my HF rig). This is at 12:00pm UK time on 11th Jan 2005.
I have recorded this on USB, though you can hear it on AM and LSB too.

The banging about halfway through is my Electrician - I recorded it using the computer mike!! sorry..

www.stargatepromotions.co.uk...

It's about 650K.

What is it?

[edit on 11-1-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Wow, interesting. It sounds like a whale song, maybe that probe from Star Trek IV is coming.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It's exactly what it reminded me of when I heard it!
Can it be caused by someone leaving their mike 'keyed up' i.e. some sort of feedback? It's just that it almosts seems to follow some sort of pattern though if you keep listening to it... most odd..

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Don't know what that is. Been tuning through the ether for years but never heard anything like that before. Certainly nothing like the usual pops and whistles associated with the HF bands.
Just tuned in my Yaesu VR5000 and can hear it too.... time is currently 12:25GMT.

At least you know it's not a locally generated signal (unless you are a neighbour
)

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Do you have the exact frequency it was on by any chance? Because mines an old Lowe SRX 30 it doesn't have an accurate readout?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I was listening to it on 11.36000Mhz USB and about to start tuning up and down to pinpoint the exact Frequency and best reception mode when it stopped... about 3 minutes after I posted a reply

I'll monitor it for a while anyway and see if anything comes back up.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
AgentSmith, that link is unavailable. Do you have another?

Sanc'.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Here we go, new link:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
It's started again, 12:53 GMT.
Here's some more audio, about 50 seconds this time:

On the original link it should be 1200pm by the way not am...

[edit on 11-1-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
That's really strange, sounds very artificial, is the banging part of the signal? Sounds almost like someone hitting a snare drum or something, lol.

Edit: Gah, ignore that comment, obviously managed to misread your first post!

[edit on 11/1/2005 by Slashpepper]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Ok, seems to centred on 11.36300Mhz USB. Been listening in for a while now since it started again. Really strange

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I've heard this before... it's not realy common... but it happens. A ham radio operator has an open mike by accident... something may have fallen on the ptt button and we hear some minor feedback with his nearby headphones. Feedback ends up sounding very odd on SSB.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Oh well! It was bound to be something boring I guess!
Thanks for clearing it up Skeptic!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It's outside any of the Amateur bands but is in one of the bands used by on-route air traffic in SSB mode, but even those frequencies used/listed in the band are lower than this.

It's THEM.... they're coming for us.... we're all doomed I tell ya

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It could be another similar accident from an operator on these frequencies... or a harmonic from a dirty ham transmitter on 15 meters. It's been 22 years since I was last transmitting... was a bit fuzzy on the frequencies. The sound is exactly like open mike feedback I've heard before on HF SSB.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I played the sound to my Dad who is also a Ham radio operator and straight away he said it was feedback....

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
i hear static in there .i hear an meteor sound at the start.there was some solar flare activity from the sun this week.it could be coming from our own solar system.one of the planets could be giving off sound waves. i think it would be a satellite giving off tones.might be a bad sat.

sounds

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Now my Dad's woken up properly and had another listen, this time on his own rig... He thinks it may be 'Ionospheric Sounding'.

Reading this:

www.atis.org...

and hearing it it does seem quite likely - I'm going to research further.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
have to agree about the feed back, either that or maybe the Electrician who was there had left some equipment of his/hers on that intefered with your Radio set...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Darn - I have to admit I am dissapointed by the logical explainations we have gotten -- I was kind of hoping for the whale song like the Star Trek Movie especially after the discussion on Fragile Earth (I think) awhile ago about the lone whale that is different from all other whales.

Oh well, Logic wins out most of the time.

jm

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join