It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to come together as a people and fix this.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Our current election cycle is a joke. Most of us will agree with that.

Our country is a mess, rife with corruption. Most of us will agree with that.

Our election process is completely rigged by forces beyond our vote. Most would agree to that.

Liberals, conservatives, people who live in these united states, how can we come together? How can we meet in some kind of middle and get this crap out of our lives? Do we as a people really want Clinton or Trump??? In a nation of three hundred and twenty million people that is the best we can do?

How can we as a people come together, to fix this country? Do we have a chance? Do we have real choice anymore?

Can we fix this??????

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Stop.
Relying.
On.
Government.

We need to pull together as people to help each other out and to stop relying on the good graces of the nanny-state.

Until that happens, you might as well just pee into a fan.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Stop.
Relying.
On.
Government.

We need to pull together as people to help each other out and to stop relying on the good graces of the nanny-state.

Until that happens, you might as well just pee into a fan.

I love it! Getting government out of our lives would be excellent. They are very reluctant to go however

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
And to expand om my OP, this is not a conservative or a liberal issue. We are both under attack these days. We have to learn to fight together as a whole or we shall perish as opponents.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
No matter what, after this election, it's too late. The U.S.A. died years ago and will suffer greatly after this one.

You want to make a difference? The ONLY way to even begin chest compressions on this country would be to get a 3rd party in. That party would be the Libertarian party and it needs to take this country by storm for any hope of revival.

But it won't happen. And thus, our fate is sealed.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
No matter what, after this election, it's too late. The U.S.A. died years ago and will suffer greatly after this one.

You want to make a difference? The ONLY way to even begin chest compressions on this country would be to get a 3rd party in. That party would be the Libertarian party and it needs to take this country by storm for any hope of revival.

But it won't happen. And thus, our fate is sealed.

While I agree with you, I am hoping for something more. I'm looking for positive ideas! Cmon, you gotta have some?

anybody?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I know it won't be easy.

Just look at the news stories about people trying to feed the hungry and getting shut down over food prep licenses.

Or people sheltering the homeless but getting shut down over permits.

But the more that WE do for each other, the less reliant we become on government.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
i think its too late at this point. it would literally take a "miracle" to get everyone banded together to put an end to the corruption and filth. judge rules off the grid living illegalits not nation-wide but it seems like something that will become commonplace in the us before too long making it nearly impossible to escape the governments reach outside of straight up fleeing the country or living underground only to surace at night.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

5 Stages of Collapse

1) Denial
2) Denial
3) Denial
4) Oh Crap!
5) Didn't Prepare, I am screwed

Moral of the story: Prepare, We are at stage 3, It is only going to get worse.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

While I agree with you, I am hoping for something more. I'm looking for positive ideas! Cmon, you gotta have some?

The first stage is denial they say...

It's over. I mean seriously over. Liberty and freedoms sucked away in the coming years and after this election the downturn will happen very, very quickly.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It wont be easy. Hell, it may be too far gone at this point. Ok then. Its done. Thats what you have to say?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yes. I'm so sorry for your loss yes.

It's really that bad now.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
Yes. I'm so sorry for your loss yes.

It's really that bad now.

damn, I guess I'm gonna drink now.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Our current election cycle is a joke.

Same as it ever was. It's just that you can see the corruption now. Where it was hidden from you before, now it's blatantly "In you face!"

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

If the watchman sees the sword come and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned and a sword comes and takes a person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity. But his blood I will require from the hand of the watchman.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
idk can we find a younger aged Ron Paul?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Believe me, I really don't want to spew negativity upon you. But the time to fix this has passed now and nothing is going to stop this Tide of Very Real Doom from washing over all of us now.

The best we can do is ride the waves of it's despair and don't have children!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

"Think of three things, whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account."

Ben Franklin.

I believe serious progress (in the abolition of war) can be achieved only when men become organized on an international scale and refuse, as a body, to enter military or war service."

"I appeal to all men and women, whether they be eminent or humble, to declare that they will refuse to give any further assistance to war or the preparation of war."

"I maintain that the cosmic religious feeling is the strongest and noblest motive for scientific research."

"Whatever there is of God and goodness in the universe, it must work itself out and express itself through us. We cannot stand aside and let God do it."

"I am a deeply religious nonbeliever. . . . This is a somewhat new kind of religion."

Albert Einstein

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I guess I'm the only one with any solution. Sure, it won't be easy and would require sacrifice and work and effort, and people probably won't be able to tweet about it. . . .

Oh hell.

If people can't tweet about it, then they probably won't do it.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
When we, as voters, invest the energy in holding those we place in office to the standards we expect as we do in the electronic devices we use daily, we might have a chance. When we, as voters, are willing to recall elected representatives when they violate the public trust, we might put the fear into the rest to follow what they promised in their campaigns. When we, as people, can look past the partisan politics of a flawed 2 party system, and once again seek compromise instead of "my way or the highway", we will start to make a difference.

Most basic of all, when the American voters begin to view their right to vote as a responsibility and vet and research the candidates to promote the best for this country, we might get the government we deserve.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join