It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to come together as a people and fix this.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Now you're being obtuse.

I clearly stated people helping people.

Nothing I said included government.

I'd write this out in crayon so you could understand it, but my Crayola-font is busted.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ok so private charity,

Thats not consistent with an old school liberal, even a contemporary one...but ok

WHEN THE HELL has that ever worked?

So you would place our future in the good graces of the wealthy of this country? OH damn that is retarded. Because they have such a great track record.

Really, what makes you think "people helping people" is anything of answer not rife with BS.

Where has that ever worked? Poor people getting out of poverty in a meaningful measure thanks to private charity....yes indeed.

You can write in crayon if it helps. You just said something absurd I dont think you thought through,

Private charity, THAT IS the mantra of conservatives. You are grossly misinformed. In this state you are of no "help" to us.

EDIT TO ADD:
In fact the level of care your generation gives to informing yourselves beyond emotional dribble in moments of passion and righteous anger like kids having temper tantrums when speaking to your baby booming golden parents is WHY we are where we are. You probably vote with that mess of ideas and concepts you dont understand in your head. You probably encourage people to vote along your lines in the real world and get really passionate about things like a presidential election, yet cant be bothered to learn what liberals and conservative define themselves by.

What a lazy people. What no time to read? but plenty to sit here lecturing me when you are in a better place to learn than to dictate what you have no idea about.

edit on 3 3 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Private charity, THAT IS the mantra of conservatives. You are grossly misinformed. In this state you are of no "help" to us.

Well then, rely on government and perpetuate the problem of an ever increasing government.

I offered my opinion on a thread.

Didn't look for, nor do I need your approval.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Exactly. Your response is typical

yes its your opinion, and I heard it and am responding. Thats how this works.

I may need the crayons you offered with an air of contempt to write it out, but you have no idea what you are talking about, that is MY opinion and I proved its validity since you dont even know what political camp you fall into, only that you do.

This is how we voted YEARS of failing administrations and why we have an entire congress and senate full of useless bastards.

Thanks for the help.

edit on 3 3 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Go into you cupboard empty out all the things you don't need and give to the poor people you so greatly care for.

Maybe you can inspire people with actions... physical actions.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
not sure if you are talking about college education or the k-12 grade public education system. but well, since I've seen the public school system get knocked around so badly of late, I would like to point out that the history of that public school system is older that our country really.

www.raceforward.org...

various welfare systems have been around longer than our country also.

ya know what hasn't been around as long, the crappy moral character of the average american. and I am not talking about gay rights, or abortion or all the other hot topics that the christian right likes to gripe about... I am talking about the get everything you can no matter how it's got, the lying, the cheating, the treating others like worthless crap! every employer who has people working full time for less than a living wage should feel a moral twinge about it. sending a person's job overseas to be done for half their wage and laying the person off should make the boss feel like hiding under a rock. every person who is drawing gov't money instead seeking a living wage job should feel a tinge of guilt. every parent who is hiding from the child support agency should feel lower than the cockroach that craws on his floor!

it's not gonna change, there is no way out, not until the people see the end result of their greed, their irresponsibility, their unkindness and decide to find a better way.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I need Liberals to lay off my gun rights and Conservatives to lay off Abortion rights and stop trying to take crap away from me. That is why Libertarians are the right party to support. More freedom, less Government and no wars.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Sending jobs overseas is a Clinton stamp of approval thats for sure.. and assassination if things go awry.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I completely agree. Sadly the ancients were right.

Keep a peoples heart pure and the rest falls into place. Have peoples hearts fall into darkness and even the sturdiest foundation crumbles....or something like that.

Respect DS. I am always glad to hear your words of wisdom. Always from a very noble place.

I will take what you offered in the spirit it was given. Thanks.

Hold it down.

edit on 3 4 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Stop.
Relying.
On.
Government.

We need to pull together as people to help each other out and to stop relying on the good graces of the nanny-state.

Until that happens, you might as well just pee into a fan.

Except those benefiting from the nanny state do not want to stop.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Stop.
Relying.
On.
Government.

We need to pull together as people to help each other out and to stop relying on the good graces of the nanny-state.

Until that happens, you might as well just pee into a fan.

And how do you suggest you guys do that?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

How can we as a people come together, to fix this country? Do we have a chance? Do we have real choice anymore?

Can we fix this??????

We can't...

80% of the people either do not care or do not have the capability to understand...

We blame everything on the elite, like fixing the election or having unlimited funds, but the real reason is it is easy to sway the 80% that are basically sheeple... We do it to ourselves.
edit on 4-3-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

But what I really want to know, is how can we fix this!!!

We can't fix it...

Only God can do that, and he will.

Until then, buckle up and focus on what you were put here to do.

Every time things have been "fixed" in the past, we have always managed to break them again anyways.

I say it's high time to leave the heavy lifting up to God.

Until then, anything else is just a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

But what I really want to know, is how can we fix this!!!

We can't fix it...

Only God can do that, and he will.

Until then, buckle up and focus on what you were put here to do.

Every time things have been "fixed" in the past, we have always managed to break them again anyways.

I say it's high time to leave the heavy lifting up to God.

Until then, anything else is just a waste of time.

pretty sure God (not that he exists of course) has shown that he doesnt give rats a** about us. So, i would stop relying on him for anything.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

You are spot on dude, it is the only way left, ppl coming together and taking over, its like we all just know governments wont do the right thing, matter of fact they will keep doing the wrong thing and we all can already see its not gonna be good. This world could be a paradise for everyone if we so chose it but we must become one ppl, no man be above the law and so on. We must realize our own value in this world and life, everyone is more important than this BS class systems. I felt for long time that this is just a dream and the world is what is cause it cannot be anything else, that ppl already lost and they just do what they can to survive, well now i know it is up to us how this goes down, governments and their sugardaddies knows this, that is why we are seeing some freeky stuff happening all the time, they wanna scare us to trust em and take over for good. Together we the ppl would be such power that we would be global force just like that, we could start to dictate how things should be shared and cared. We could start using our natural resources with with respect and towards ends that matters to communities.

No more greed driven communities, we can do this like human beings but indeed time is running out, rules will go for ww3 if the ppl wont demand them to take over peacefully.

Of course this is just simple minded dudes opinion or a dream but i have to believe it is possibility and its going to happen, all this talks about raising awareness etc for past what decades, i feel like its all coming to this stuff.
Are we the ppl aware enough to take over?
Would we do the right things by our fellow human beings and by the worlds natural resources?
Are we even capable to live in harmony?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

How can we as a people come together, to fix this country? Do we have a chance? Do we have real choice anymore?
Can we fix this??????

Solutions! Yes!!! We created this mess, we can fix this mess. And sooner or later it's all going to collapse and we will be forced to find solutions.

Overall, the focus should be to empower the people -- individually and collectively -- to be self-sufficient, independent and strong... stronger than any government entity. When people can take care of themselves, they don't need or want the scraps the government (and corporations) throw them.

Equally important is that we must stop looking at "government" as an authority over us. Government must work for us -- not the other way around. Anything and everything government does, at any level, must be for the benefit of the people, and for all people. No more special this for these people or special that for those people... and especially no more anything for the benefit of government workers -- from the prez and congress critters to the cop on the street. It's a right for all or for no one.

To get us started, I have been thinking along the lines of a Contract for Americans, similar to Newt Gingrich's Contract with America -- but this time, we the people will be making the demands of our elected officials (particularly our Representatives in the lower house, who are up for re-election every two years). If they don't promise to fulfill the terms of our demands, they will not get our votes. If they are elected and do not fulfill our demands, they will be voted out in the next election and we will vote in someone who will.

The purpose of the contract would serve the dual purpose of limiting their power and increasing our power. With the technology we have today, the people can easily have a greater voice in governing, and we should and we must. Federal ballots would include propositions and initiatives from the people to be voted on by the people. Any major legislation passed by Congress could be subject to approval and/or repeal by the people at the next election. Ways to limit the power (and corruption) could include requiring every bill submitted include the Constitutional foundation for its passage, and the absolute mandate that no one -- especially congress critters -- are exempt from any law passed. At the same time, reduce the salary of our congress critters and all elected officials equal to the average salary of the average worker, and all pay increases/perks subject to the approval of the voters at the next election.

To cut government -- and government corruption -- down to size, we have to take the power and authority back. We the people are the authority... government is our servant.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

you can't fix this until you make voting for "None of the Above", (NOTA) a reality in every election.

you can't fix this until you eliminate the electronic black box voting machines and have a verifiable paper ballot which is maintained for verification and independent analysis.

you can't fix this until you institute non-partisan independent auditing of the vote counts nation wide.

you can't fix this without fixing campaign finance to take the big corporations and special interest PACS out of the equation.

you can't fix this until you limit campaign "time" to no more than 90 days before the election which severely restricts the amount of corruption and profit MSM can do on TV.

in other words........you can't fix this. the reason being? Its all about MONEY! And MONEY talks and BS walks.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
There are 3rd parties. But as long as people are too scared to vote for them, the system will never change.

Also, people need to get more involved in the process. But most citizens find politics boring and would rather defer to someone else to make those decisions. So if the concerned and ethical people won't run in elections, who's left?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Just for the record, voting "none of the above" won't change anything in American politics. Most elected positions in America follow a "majority wins" format. So even if only 3 people cast a vote, the candidate who gets the most votes will win. And you can be assured that at least the candidates and their backers will vote. And some positions allow for people to be appointed to positions if there are no votes or if there are ties.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join