It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBT Anyone...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I wanted to share something with the community. Funnily enough, I rarely post and I had such a good time having the IQ conversation with everybody, that I thought I'd share some of my music. If it doesn't come across a being overly self-serving or congratulating, I'd like to tell the story about the song I'm sharing quickly...the onus of the songwriter I suppose.

I'm a redneck. What can I say, blame it on circumstance. I grew up outside of Fort Worth Texas. After I graduated, I went straight into the Army, and for the next 10 years prospered there. Suffice to say, the entire LGBT issue was not exactly permissible in any aspect of my life, my training. But, I always knew something, and it basically had to do with love. I think hate is difficult, and it was difficult for me to grow up my entire formative life and then into my adult professional life with this expected undercurrent of hate toward a certain group. I never fell for it. This song is a discussion of my overcoming. I hope you enjoy it...

Lee Sager

edit on 3-3-2016 by TheElectricPriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

its broked~

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

its broked~

Sorry, the aforementioned not posting very often, took me a second to figure out exactly what I was supposed to put in the youtube thingy-majig. Think I got it now though...thanks so much for trying.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

NIce work, the audio comes in and out, but overall, sounds great!

ETA- sad that other countries govern the lives of so many; and the way they are... just sad

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

NIce work, the audio comes in and out, but overall, sounds great!

ETA- sad that other countries govern the lives of so many; and the way they are... just sad

Hey! Thank you so much...it's nice that you watched. Being a musician is always a bit odd because this isn't really a music site, and I share with that understanding. I'm not expecting any great kudos, but I wanted you to know I do appreciate you taking the moment to listen, and I sincerely hope you enjoyed. And yes, you are right!

Peace my friend...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The sad part of your point is that Gay people feel the need to rise up like this.

We're just people. Yeah we're different, but that doesn't mean we don't have a right to exist in peace and freedom. I find it very hard to accept that in many nations they still kill people for being gay.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I cant agree more, although I am very hetero, I had family members that discovered they were gay (twins) they both are scarred from their teen years. People can be so very hateful. sadly.

On another note, I have had workmates that were a queer as a three dollar bill, but never reviled that they were gay, and no one asked. One of them was a 6.5ft Sargent that was as manly as one might imagine... when I found out, it was a shocker...

top topics

join