It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP splitter strategy is now coming into it's crucial stage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

If the GOP hasn't already noticed, the harder they push the people to go the direction they want. the harder and stronger those same people are pushing back. They need to be very careful in their course of action.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: roaland

If the GOP hasn't already noticed, the harder they push the people to go the direction they want. the harder and stronger those same people are pushing back. They need to be very careful in their course of action.

I suspect their strategy is not to sway the die hard Trump supporters. Interestingly Ted Cruz confirmed tonight that all the other candidates are talking about how they can get together to stop Trump. Pretty sure this will include strategic voting. They are basically campaigning together now until Trump is certain not to get the 50% of delegates, then all 3 others can stay in all the way to the brokered convention. If Trump does not win Ohio and Florida, basically every single vote cast to date and the rest of the primaries will be meaningless. No one will need to spend any money. Once the second round of voting comes along at the convention it will be just about who can make the best case to the GOP overlords at the convention.

As I said, all they need to do is get Kasich the win in Ohio (very close without any vote switching between him and Trump, so that should be quite easy for the GOP to achieve). Florida will be harder to swing, but with Cruz now on board, both his supporters and Kasich supporters will be urged to vote Rubio, basically on a 'keep Trump out ticket'.

This strategy was always a pretty important part of the original GOP splitter strategy devised and is why the race is over for Trump (it was over before it began) . People just don't know it yet, but it will sink in after Florida and Ohio.

I said before the primaries started that the GOP nominee would be Bush or Rubio. If Trump had not started the 911 discussions, Bush would still be in. He may STILL get the nomination at the convention. Having said that I think the GOP will probably go with Rubio.
edit on 4/3/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/3/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Trump is in nearly the same position Romney was in 4 years ago following Super Tuesday. Then it was Gingrich, Santorum, and Ron Paul siphoning off votes...

This election, despite some people's attempts to sow chaotic fear, is progressing very much along the lines Trump needs to win. The only real wild card is whether the candidates who drop out will give their delegates to Trump, as other candidates have historically done for the choice of the People, or whether the People will be forced to DEMAND those delegates be handed to Trump at the convention. Either way, Trump's getting the GOP nomination and will commute that into a successful run against Hillary Clinton.

Trump 2016

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Trump is in nearly the same position Romney was in 4 years ago following Super Tuesday. Then it was Gingrich, Santorum, and Ron Paul siphoning off votes...

This election, despite some people's attempts to sow chaotic fear, is progressing very much along the lines Trump needs to win. The only real wild card is whether the candidates who drop out will give their delegates to Trump, as other candidates have historically done for the choice of the People, or whether the People will be forced to DEMAND those delegates be handed to Trump at the convention. Either way, Trump's getting the GOP nomination and will commute that into a successful run against Hillary Clinton.

Trump 2016

I am not sure you quite understand. Rubio, Cruz and Kasich along with donors and GOP officials are in closed doors meetings designing a way to ensure they work together to combine their votes as far as possible so that the best opponent to Trump in each state gets a boost, enough to beat him in sufficient states to stop the nomination of Trump. That did not happen to Romney. In fact the opposite did. All the money was pulled from the other candidates when Romney was ahead and the GOP worked hard to shut down the race in favour of Romney. Totally different scenario.

The combined 'not Trump' candidacy of Cruz, Rubio and Kasich - suggested by Romney, hinted at by Bill Cristal and confirmed today by Ted Cruz - will be actively telling their voters through their ground game representatives and campaign calls to vote for a specific candidate to stop Trump.

This is an amazing move by the GOP to nullify the popular vote of the people and Cruz is the one man they really needed to step into the establishment tent. They have managed to get him on board. I was not sure they would get Cruz, but he seems to fallen into line.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Personally, I think it is all a carefully orchestrated dance to ensure Trump continues to look like a total outsider and retains the "voting with my middle finger" buzz his supporters are drawn to. I do not believe that the GOP actually intends to self immolate in the manner a lot of this hyperbole indicates. Cruz is an opportunist and has latched onto the tag lines as a way to desperately try to get the votes he needs... when it is obvious to him that his ride is done, he will come to Trump's heel, bringing his delegates and his desire for a cabinet position or SCOTUS nomination along with him. Rubio is a robotic idiot who will probably linger too long but, as all lingering farts do, he will eventually get swept out the window and we'll likely have heard the last from him. Kasich is a befuddled moron who probably won't win Ohio even if Rubio supporters do vote for him.

4 years ago, Santorum was the actual chosen one entering the race, Gingrich was the old guard, and Ron Paul was the outsider... Romney appealed to the masses on a mixture of old guard and outsider, and the GOP leadership treated him appropriately... supporting him, but keeping just a bit of distance to ensure the voters still saw him as a marginal outsider. Trump is running as a full outsider and the public sentiment is eating it up with a spoon, so it makes sense to put on a show for the public, reinforcing his status as an outsider and his "anti-establishment" position. Trump is sealing the deal and that sealing requires continued *ahem* "rejection" from America's most hated liberal Republicans like McConnel, Rubio, the Bushes, Paul Ryan, Mitt, etc. They've clearly studied their scripts and are performing their roles well.

Trump 2016

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The GOP are now, as we see, openly calling for the tactical voting I talked about. Rubio is actually asking his voters to vote for Kasich in Ohio and Kasich has pulled out of Florida. No ads, no campaigning.

Early votes show Rubio trouncing the field in Florida having been 20 points down.

Trump will simply not be allowed to win Florida OR Ohio.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Aazadan

The establishment is scared.

Do you honestly think the military/industrial/corporate oligarchy elite is scared of a wealthy entertainer? They order the candidates to jump and the candidates ask "how high"

I think they are scared that the public is not acting as expected.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join