It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

yep... EVP is REAL!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Yeah, I had a friend who played some for me one night from a website (can't remember what it was, darn) and it scared the bejesus out of me. There is also a technique where you can play a TV and a tape recorder hooked up in a continuous loop (I'll have to find more info on how to do that) where you can actually catch images on film.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
toechopper : I believe the sight you're looking for is THIS ONE named urban legends series 3 (I could be wrong though...)

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i certainly agree about EVP have tried it and had succession. to me it confirms the fact that the spirit inside each and everyone of us lives on the question is where and what's it like

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
i just saw white noise today....it was OK...I only jumped at the car part, and i dont believe in catchin those kidna images on the tv is real...it jsut seems really impossible for them to be that clear if you ask me....but i do believe in catching voices on a tape in a graveyard...ive watched many shows like ghosthunter and stuff about it too...another kewl thing to look into is orbs!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'd actually like to know what exacly you have to do to try it (I admit it, I am completely hopeless to the ways of technology. I am at the mercy of my computer as I speek
), like what sort of equipment and computer software I'd need. I'm thinking about writing a research paper on EVP and I would like to at least have some firsthand experience with what I'm talking about.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
i love the way radio frequency interference from mobile phones . radio . tv . cb radio etc etc just gets ignored on threads like this

"my $60 digital recorder records unheard voices" = thats because it is a $60 recorder and isnt RF shielded correctly

people can pick up radio signals in tooth fillings , im quite sure all those capaicters and transistors are capable of vibrating occasianally to the odd bit of radio wave

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
lol... I dont even need a digital recorder for EVP. I can pickup voices in my guitar amp... Usually hear something like... break 1 9 for a radio check.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by toechopper
I'd actually like to know what exacly you have to do to try it (I admit it, I am completely hopeless to the ways of technology. I am at the mercy of my computer as I speek
), like what sort of equipment and computer software I'd need. I'm thinking about writing a research paper on EVP and I would like to at least have some firsthand experience with what I'm talking about.

If you do decide to research it further, be sure to check out this site and their research AND the links to the originators of the SpiritCom device.

here's a paragraph with good references:

www.njghostresearch.org...

When I first began investigating the "EVP" phenomenon, which was well over (6) years ago now, I was new to the field of study and was elated with the progress I was making. I tried new techniques and found what worked the best. I was also able to determine how I could better apply controls to my experiments. However, within a short period of time, I began to thirst for more knowledge as to what made the "EVP" occur. I began testing every different variable I could think of in the hopes of better understanding the phenomenon. As the years passed by, I began to look into the types of hardware which our predecessors used in their research of the "EVP" phenomenon. Even though their equipment was quite out of dated by today's technological standards, it was the principle and our predecessors convictions which interested me. While researching in the archives, I stumbled across an article regarding Thomas Edison. Low and behold, I find that Mr. Edison was a firm believer in the paranormal and truly believed that he could create a device which could link the two planes of existence, the living and the dead. Thomas Edison is said to have began working on this certain project in the later years of his life but unfortunately, he died before he could complete his research endeavor. He called his device the "Spiritcom". Since his death, many researchers have worked on the theory of devising the Spiritcom. Through the century, advances have been made, particularly through the encouragement and funding of a Mr. George Meek in the 1970's who, with Bill O'Neil, developed the "Spiritcom". George Meek and Bill O'Neil made the first true, direct two way voice contact, with those who manned Time Stream Station. Over the years, countless transmissions have been received, listened to, and unfortunately were passed over. It has been said though that this achievement was false and that the entire experiment was a farce. Whether it was or not can neither be confirmed or denied at this time.
unquote
Bubbabak

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
yeah, evp is definitely real, ive been recording evp's for about a year and i have a lot of interesting replies to questions i asked. most recently i asked was it true about what jesus talked about - the mansion worlds. about 6-7 secs away i got the reply 'my god'

at first when i first got a reply i jumped out of my skin, i was totally freaked out by it, but after going to spiritual meetings im now cool with the dimension of the spirit plane.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
yea bump for audio clips.. why were they never uploaded?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
anyone into music production, check out this EVP vst plugin

EVP Enhancer

It's compatible with your host sequencer so you just load it up and record away...

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Everyone reading this thread can try this with the lease amount of cost.
Check your Windows, Accessories / Entertainment folder for the software called Sound Recorder. Just plug in a microphone to your sound card and you have an EVP Recorder. The only drawback is it will only do 60 second grabs but see if you can pick up something.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I don't think that people deny the existence of stray radio transmissions or things of that nature that get bounced back to Earth from the atmosphere, what is questioned is the direct responses people get to questions being asked in real time or the comments made about things happening in real time. Being skeptical is fine as long as you are willing to look at all evidence and then open your mind to the possibilities. Being a clinical skeptic doesn't require much, just an ability to be stubborn and unwilling to see other people's points-even when those points are supported by numerous pieces of evidence that can be corraborated. You cease being someone that anyone can work with and succeed only in cutting yourself off from the rest of the world that continues to progress and try to find answers in order to advance our collective development. Take a hint from the species that did not adapt, learn and overcome and open your mind to the infinite possibilities that surround you. Step outside the safety of your neatly packaged perception of the world and you might be amazed at what you see.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I have a ghost in my room and I want to try and record it talking with my computer mic, how can I do this?

Do I need a EVP recording program ?

[edit on 24-7-2008 by buds84]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join