It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

yep... EVP is REAL!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Finnaly for the first time my friends and I went to buy a digital audio recorder today to try to record some evp. We went to the graveyard and asked a few questions but no answer. So we let it sit on a tombstone and went back to the truck to sit and talk for a while. We sat for about 10 minutes talking then we went and retrieved the recorder headed back to the truck and started listening. And my god we heard at least six disturbing clear messages but the most clear of all was a little girl saying "mommy". I hope to upload them tommarow on ats for your evaluation but I can't now because I dont have the USB cable but I swear to you all that it is very real.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Oh please do... I am curious....

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Does this technique work with just an ordinary voice recorder? (ie with tape). Iv got one of those and have been toying with the idea of trying this out around the home, not that i think its haunted.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
We used a digital voice recorder that we bought at best buy for like idk $60. It's not the best in the world but yeah it works. Also I've heard ones with tape work also but not as good b/c you can get the humming noise from the motors.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Call it denial on my part, but i cant listen to that stuff. This is the eeriest thing i've ever come across in my life.

I listened to it on Coastocoast and i had to get up and turn e-v-e-r-y light in the house on!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I thought EVP are in a range the human ear cannot hear and you have to use computer programs to pick them out.

Or was it that they are made in a range the human voice cannot make

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I thought EVP are in a range the human ear cannot hear and you have to use computer programs to pick them out.

Or was it that they are made in a range the human voice cannot make

I think its more along the lines of; the voices that appear on the tapes, once analysed are shown were not produced by a human voice box.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Oh all right I remember hearing something about humans not being able to produce them.

The are quite errie those T.A.P.S guys on Ghosthunters pick them up alot on their show

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Call it denial on my part, but i cant listen to that stuff. This is the eeriest thing i've ever come across in my life.

I listened to it on Coastocoast and i had to get up and turn e-v-e-r-y light in the house on!!!

I can't listen to that stuff. Totally freaks me out. My husband says I am just to easily toyed with ... but after a while ... you looko around and wonder what you aren't hearing in your own home.

*Z*

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
i think its awsome if its for real... i almost dont believe it, considering the eluding nature of the paranormal; seemingly reluctant to offer proof of itself.

-seriously, this is one evidence of the paranormal, that actually stands up to our science and in our dimension, no?

most of the paranormal is hearsay and refutable photos... finally something tangible!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost
i think its awsome if its for real... i almost dont believe it, considering the eluding nature of the paranormal; seemingly reluctant to offer proof of itself.

-seriously, this is one evidence of the paranormal, that actually stands up to our science and in our dimension, no?

most of the paranormal is hearsay and refutable photos... finally something tangible!

i'm with you on this...........its been virtually impossible to have proof that could stand up to the sciences........... so this seems interesting.

until i learn more about this..............i'll remain as always.........

OPENMINDINGLY SKEPTCIAL

angie

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well today at school I showed some of my friends the recordings and they too clearly hear momma. When slowed down to me it sounds like mother but I might be incorrect. There is another weird noise at 9:25 and it sounds almost like a belch or a bark but there arent any dogs around at all. It's actually kinda scary I couldn't sleep at all last night seeming it was my first try at this. I am waiting on my sisters b/f to bring me the software adobe audition so I can edit the backround noise and amplify it which will be tommarow. I will upload the un-edited version full 10 minutes and I will upload the edited and amplified version for your review. I can't wait to try this again but I don't have the recorder my friend does. Were going to record some more after school tommarow at a different graveyard where its completely quiet and desolate ( I CANT WAIT!). Its early out and were going to record alot and hopefully get a really good evp preferably one that makes a full sentence. Until then you will have to hold your horses and also I think everyone should try this instead of questioning it. If you want proof the only way you will know for sure is if you try it yourself so GO GET EM!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Normally people cannot just retrieve their recorder and give it a listen. the voices are usually in the static/white noise. People usually dont get voices until they up load it onto a computer and use software to cut away the excess and get down to the .... sorry, I forget the frequency range.

But if you got voices, good on you man.

You should record at night, at night graveyards are even quieter then they are in the day time.

And a dogs bark could probably carry a long distance, and you also said you went and sat in the truck and talked...even without the radio on, I highly doubt you would have heard the dog that made that. But it is possible it is something supernatural. WHO KNOWS

[edit on 11-1-2005 by _BLiND_]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zerinity

Originally posted by dgtempe

I can't listen to that stuff. Totally freaks me out. My husband says I am just to easily toyed with ... but after a while ... you looko around and wonder what you aren't hearing in your own home.

*Z*
Amen to that. Nothing spooks me as much as this. How about the phone calls from the dead? *shivers*

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Yeah, this stuff scares the crap out of me as well. I mean, thinking that when you're laying there in the dark that there could be ghosts saying stuff to you...too damned freaky. I would like to hear those recordings though. Has anyone seen "White Noise" yet?

You know those phone calls you get sometimes when there's noone else on the other line?....maybe there is! woooo

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
first Shadow People & now this!!
I am seriously spooked too, but cannot wait for you to upload the tape.......it is waaay too compelling. Make sure you upload it in a simple format that us "non puter people" can use....like our windows media players *hint hint*

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I did some EVP here in our home. We have someone come through
every so often. We aren't haunted .... but we do have 'visitors'.

The best EVP we got was a man saying 'he wants you to' or
'he wants you too'.

EXCELLENT and easy to do! I highly recommend it.

(Going to Gettysburg for Memorial Day weekend.
Can't wait to try EVP there!)

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So to EVP just get something to recored right do you think i could use a head set to recored something on my labtop

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Now we are talking phone calls to ... no way .. forget that

*Z*

Urn

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey
Iv got one of those and have been toying with the idea of trying this out around the home, not that i think its haunted.

oh god.....dont do it in your house!!.....what if you actually pick up voices....you'de never be able to fall asleep in that house again (at least i wouldn't)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join