It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary to Hand Bernie His A## in South Carolina

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

You people???? Oh and China's smaller prison population? ..... that's because they execute instead.

edit on 2282016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

IMO The GOP gave the nomination to Obama purposely, they made Obamacare issue #1 and as the end of the world scenerio , but then go and nominate not only the creator of Obamacare 1.0 but the guy who also praised how well it worked for his state.

What I do not understand about comments like this is we do need subsidized healthcare for many until we change healthcare as it is now. What we did not need is a one shoe fits all, poor planning healthcare for 300 million. This is why Romneycare was fine, voted from the state level for his state, GREAT! That is what is great with State level control you can always move to a state where you like how they vote...kind of hard to do that when things go federal.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I said "...You have more people..." "You" is referring the USA, since I live in Australia it would be odd to say "We."

No. No it's not. China might execute people, but it has not executed 500,000 over the past thirty years.

Did you know: The USA has four times as many prisons as the next highest country? (Russia.)
Did you know: Despite representing 2.2% of the global population, the USA represents 22% of the global imprisoned population?

edit on 28/2/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
not sure where this convo is at now but i wanted to point out what ive noticed with every election cycle. people seem to think of politics like they do sports teams. its usually something u pickup from your parents and youll root for simply cause they did. it seems like they could care less what the issues are. they dont know why they root for them or why them winning is the better outcome, they just want to win. id say the OP is definetly of this mindset otherwise they would have gone into why hillary won and the reasons for bernie not having a chance. instead they just rejoice that they won and pull a "haha" like nelson from the simpsons. this is what drives me nuts with politics and doesnt matter what side of the aisle your on its perpetuated by both sides equally and i think no matter who wins we all lose. so please people get past winning and start thinking.
edit on 28-2-2016 by TheScale because: sentence structure

edit on 28-2-2016 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

we do need subsidized healthcare for many until we change healthcare as it is now

I agree the healthcare system we had before Obama was no prize either. However, throwing the insurance in the middle was not the way to go either. That was drafted by lobbyist for lobbyist lobbyist . I would have preferred to have taken the insurance companies out of the picture completely.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
No. No it's not. China might execute people, but it has not executed 500,000 over the past thirty years.

Did you know: The USA has four times as many prisons as the next highest country? (Russia.)
Did you know: Despite representing 2.2% of the global population, the USA represents 22% of the global imprisoned population?

The US has an incarceration problem, but we haven't executed 500,000 over 30 years either.

www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...

As of this moment we have executed 1,429 people since 1979.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I admit it's written in a slightly misleading manner, but did you look at the context? I was responding to this.

You people???? Oh and China's smaller prison population? ..... that's because they execute instead.

As far as I can tell, China has 500,000 less inmates than the US. Hence the reference to executing 500,000 people, which would be necessary just to catch up to the US.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I agree the healthcare system we had before Obama was no prize either. However, throwing the insurance in the middle was not the way to go either. That was drafted by lobbyist for lobbyist lobbyist . I would have preferred to have taken the insurance companies out of the picture completely.

I agree, but not sure how to do that.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

My mistake then, I thought you were claiming the US had executed 500,000 in 30 years.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Hard to win when the Super Delegates (read: elected officials whose votes are not contingent on public opinion) already decided who had their vote long before the candidates even arrived. Imagine, if you will, trying to win a nomination when roughly 1/3 of the people voting don't have to vote according to the beliefs and opinions of the people who elected them. Even if you sway over half of the remaining 2/3 of them, that remaining 1/3 of the votes going to the other candidate tips the scales against you.

In short, ever played a game of 'skill' at a carnival?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This must have been a metaphorical "handing" because it sounds like Hillary is not healthy enough to even get on a plane without looking disturbingly feeble...why else would the Clinton campaign refuse to allow reporters to watch her board her flight? What politician turns down a simple photo-op?

www.weeklystandard.com...

The Clinton campaign required reporters to board their own flight first before she would even get out of her car. Wow.

The only reason I can think of for them to do that would be that Hillary can't even climb the stairs to get on a little jet without help. I mean if there is some other reason...what could it be? She wears wigs so it probably was not a "bad hair day" kind of thing...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I think voting is rigged, the results can be changed at the flick of an electronic switch and beyond that, many people who vote never set foot in an election booth. If they're registered, somebody will vote for them. Its behind the times urban districts where this goes on, its not even needed any more. As I said, the results can be changed electronically. They'll say older voters failed to show up, young voters came out in surprising numbers with overwhelming support for a candidate and somebody will get a narrow victory but it will give them the votes needed or the electoral count necessary. Hillary was turned down in 2008 because they wanted Obama to be their salesman, not her. We went from Bush to Clinton to Bush to Obama and now, perhaps back to Clinton. Peoples votes don't matter any more. Hillary is not liked nor supported by enough rank and file democrats to win legitimately, although she still beat out Obama in 2008 with total votes in the primary. Sanders was honest and is not compromised so they're not about to have a POTUS who is NOT a toady stooge. The same goes for Trump, although he could be paid off like Romney, McCain, Gore. But he has an ego so there is hope he'll possibly resist their efforts to control him. So if Sanders suddenly loses, you can be assured they're rigging the results to the pro establishment NWO stooge candidate, Hillary, gets the win. But also rest assured that she is NOT liked by her masters.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I agree, but not sure how to do that.

Yeah that is the tough question and I don't have the answer. However, I think healthcare should be provided to everyone that lives under a so called super power, but to do that we need to create a think tank and remove all the existing conflict of interest we currently have.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I don't understand, what do you want Sanders supporters to do in light of Hillary winning big in South Carolina? Are they supposed to be posting threads talking about how he's going to run away with it when that isn't what's happening? Are they supposed to apologize for their hopes not coming to fruition? What do you want? A Mega-Thread of Crow recipies?

Besides...I've seen very little, if any threads with people proclaiming massive expected victory by Sanders. Mostly it's all been about "despite any suprising gains by Sanders, Hillary just about has it locked up thanks to the "establishment" / Superdelegates.

What an odd OP this is...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I don't understand, what do you want Sanders supporters to do in light of Hillary winning big in South Carolina? Are they supposed to be posting threads talking about how he's going to run away with it when that isn't what's happening? Are they supposed to apologize for their hopes not coming to fruition? What do you want? A Mega-Thread of Crow recipies?

What an odd OP this is...

Sorry you think my OP odd; I thought it timely and germane.

What should Sanders supporters do now?...Not being a Sanders voter, I'm not one to ask.
This was why I was directing my thread TOWARDS Sanders supporters.

Save the crow recipes...I want to know how disillusioned or disappointed Sanders supporters plan on turning this around.
Surely there's a plan or a path ahead for Sanders AND his supporters to remove Hillary from the equation.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
No time to panic. Sanders always knew he was going to lose South Carolina and they weren't counting on Nevada either.

This does nothing to dampen the campaign. Tomorrow will be the true test.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Yeah that is the tough question and I don't have the answer. However, I think healthcare should be provided to everyone that lives under a so called super power, but to do that we need to create a think tank and remove all the existing conflict of interest we currently have.

The key is to get out under the insurance umbrella. They jack the prices to force everyone to get insurance or go bankrupt, but when you use services outside of all that you can actually pay out of pocket.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The key is to get out under the insurance umbrella. They jack the prices to force everyone to get insurance or go bankrupt

Yep, That I absolutely agree with with.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
lolz. Oh ATS. It's like arguing rocket science with people in 3rd grade around here lately. No one expected him to win SC. And regardless of how the corporate media ignores him, and ignorant rubes blather on about "Mah guns" and dirty communism, and how Trump is going to return us to the golden age of diminished rights and "American Exceptionalism" Bernie is going all the way to the convention. We'll see how things look then shall we?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

Let's see how things look for Bernie tomorrow...after 'Super Tuesday'.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join