It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is motion time travel?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
We are always traveling forward through time...

What makes you think we are moving "forward" through time?

(sorry just catching up on this thread)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
7 if which exist at only the sub-atomic level.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I find the whole concept of mathematical dimensions endlessly fascinating.

There is something beautiful in the fact that an infinite number of 0 dimensional points along an axis will describe a one dimensional line and an infinite number of 1 dimensional lines along an axis will describe a two dimensional plane and so forth...

Then, of course, it tends to break down when one tries to wrap ones mind around the whole concept of the fifth and sixth dimensions.

I always used to logically assume that, if one follows the same mathematical principle, one could imagine an infinite number of three dimensional space along an axis it would describe time. But what would an infinite number of space/time along an axis describe? Possibilies? Potential?

After that it rapidly deteriorates because it's not really comprehennsible anymore, at least not to me.

Still, pretty beautiful though, if one likes that sort of thing.

BT
edit on 29-2-2016 by beetee because: for clarity

edit on 29-2-2016 by beetee because: Typos

edit on 29-2-2016 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Then you would enjoy descriptive geometry... as that's where I learned the math for the . and ______ as representations in three dimensional space for 3D engineering drawing.

Well honestly, one D doesn't exist as particles have depth... appears flat but. Start singing the song about a hole in the bottom of the sea... when beer on a shelf gets tiresome.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I think you answered it in you question... moving through space is not moving through time. Although we are always moving through time since it is like a river. Until we can backward from the stream then we can move through time. We are on a boat on a river with no paddles. one way for now.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Nope, you would have to move faster than twice the speed of light to be able to move through time. Just walking around, or running like a normal human does only allow you to move through a limited space, not through time. Does time passes as you walk, or run? sure, but that is not time travel. You walk with time, but not through it.

edit on 29-2-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I don't think that moving your arm, is the same principle as time travel. I think that we move within an atmosphere created for us, so we move through "space". I think that the Earth itself time travels though. Each time the universe stretches or gets warped by something, I think all bodies in space then time travel a bit, and then get pulled back into their gravitational pull.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Is moving through space actually moving through time?

Nope. Sort of.
Space is comprised of three dimensions. Time can sort of be considered a forth dimension, which gives us the Einsteinian concept of spacetime.

We are always moving through time. Funny thing is, we are always moving through space too.

Funnier (not funny, "ha ha"), is that all four of those "dimensions" are relative to where you are. No matter where you go, there you are.

And there you aren't

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
So time only changes if your on another planet in another star system because you then have to recalculate the rotation of that planet around that particular star..? But infact you can keep your earth time beside it , just to know what time it is on your home planet. .

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Time is the passage of events. Events are the interaction of matter, moving about. We want to quantify this, nail it down so we can measure and feel comfortable with it. So we make yardsticks and hang clocks on walls.

Puny Humans.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

where there is light; there is a shadow... even in darkness.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I believe occupying space allows you to experience time and the opposite to go outside the bounds of time and space.

Actions are just things you can do while occupying space and experiencing time but I believe you can to some ability take action while outside of occupation to limited degree.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness
Well science then I suppose is just an event that we have come to expect. There's a law for a law to a law that has its bounds in a law, its bound to get convoluted after a while. And you know what else we have invented besides the wheel? The spokes that go on said wheel, right? As for the rest, its quite questionable after all human kind is quite a impressionable animal, and the gods are always prissy when some steal fire from them.

But whatever you know, its likely bound to get a bit religious in the science community, after all we have a long chain of events were every singe other thing before science was founded and the scientific mind may become a cult then you know the rest must wear a certain funny hat, be part of said membership, in the in crowd, make witty jokes about same crowd funding endeavors etc etc, oh and be pear previewed, kind of like the pope having the telephone to god only.

Basically when every singe other thing for people going back to antiquity turned into a cult and even a personality cult its practically written in there DNA, and history says that when something has happened 100% of the time before that will not by some way some how negate it this time around because they just happen to believe differently.

Basically look at it scientifically, when something has a 100% repeat rate over all of history. What would you call that? Pretty much a guarantee that science may turn into some religion eventually. Its observed fact, a very common phenomenon through out all of history and all types of peoples and groups. That right there has more of a concrete facts then the double split experiment and its conclusions does.

Is it extremes? Or is it just something people do? Who knows who cares right!

edit on 4pmWednesdaypm022016f3pmWed, 02 Mar 2016 16:27:43 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PhotonEffect
Funny that no.

Were not really or necessarily moving forward or even backwards. What were doing and moving is in sequential order, you know A leads to B, because that thing which interpreted your surroundings dictates it so, you know the brain and mind.

Its basically purely a structure oriented mechanic, which we label either forward or backward, purely for structural order cohesion purposes. Forward and backwards are the words we use to describe that order of sequences, simply because its how the mind and brain operate, its software, its how it makes sense of things. Bringing order out of chaos, interpreting its surroundings by using the hardware at its disposal and creating software to order that sequential order, it time and space and forwards and backwards. So are we moving forwards in time?

Like in computer code one must either be a 0 or a 1, well in temporal programming code which the mind and humans operate under one must either be going forward, or not at all, and if its not going forward then it must be going backwards. Or so the order sequence dictates.

Its the drawbacks to operating in a duality which the human mind brain and animal operate and exist under, you know there plane of existence, there can be no third option, much less a one million option. So are we going forward? Or are we going backwards? Merely a matter of opinions right? And plenty of people have those. But really we just may be going nowhere but were the rules or "law" we made up dictate we go, kind of like a dog chasing its own tail sometimes me thinks.

To say your moving forward in time just means you have evolved a mental construct to moving in sequential order relative to a point of reference or references. Again its all relative.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We are always moving through time. Funny thing is, we are always moving through space too.

how can we tell that we are moving through time not time moving through us..Could we be the time travellers..?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

just beware of the spokes people spreading theory as law. much the same way religion spreads belief as truth. both are extremes. and both limit balance. the wheel like law and truth spin like the earth and the energy driving it. truth and law are relative to the condition in science and observer of truth in religion. the law of science is the philosophy of religion... both effect the psychology of humanity. causing a great divide. what is conditioned is changible and impermanant. a law is a law such as the spin as seen in atoms and the spin of galaxies. what we make of it at both... in the subjectivity of extremes. requires unbias of the obverver to see the law of this eternal process. if it changes form? it can also appear formless, in this space we all live as life as we know it here there and everywhere? there is potiential for better understanding. this understanding can be of benefit to one, all, or none, or detriment to one, all, or none.

but to just humanity... or all life? life is the most valuable gem in the entire universe... where would we be without it? a part of it without cognizance just resonance when it makes contact with other forms. we whom are alive? detect this as sound.

the first speech to text program I had. id leave running while going about other business. interestingly, there would be words from the contact as I was banging about doing the other things. not intelligible as a whole... just a word of its own like an instrument having a voice. realizing this without software is called zen. one holds a word constantly in consciousness through repetition and out of nowhere forms meeting echo the repetition and the sense of oneness with all arises. this is what is being experienced with evp voice phenonmenon and nothing more.
edit on 3-3-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Ah I like your way of thinking. The answer is yes. Motion = Time.

I theorized this back in like 2011 or 2012 in my thread 'The Birth of the Creator'. I recommend you read it. It's a fascinating read! (if I do say so my self). Sorry I'm on my mobile so I can't link to it.

Think about it. If there is no motion in this universe no orbiting planets, no humans walking about, no isolating crystals and no atoms bouncing around, just no motion at all where is time then? Time would not exist therefore time = motion.
edit on 3/12/2016 by Alien Abduct because: Spell correction

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

time existed b4 the big bang and probably caused the big bang

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join