It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Encounter in Wiltshire

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Thank you Amber, for sharing. That was quite fascinating.

Your tale reminds me a little bit of the Bentwaters/Rendelsham Forest incident of 1980. If you arent aware of what I'm talking about, heres the link.

www.angelfire.com...

The incident also involved a strange heavy "fog" or "mist".

Your story brings up a theory of mine. I have often wondered if the aliens or beings, whoever they are, might use local and natural phenomenoa to mask their acticities. Many close sightings in the Isles often involve a sudden and strange fog that suddenly moves in. In the midwest, intense UFO activity also accompanies freak thunderstorms, as normal thunderstorms are common in the area. Dust storms are often reported in the southwest when UFO activity is seen.

Perhaps you have experienced a common trick of theirs, bringing in sudden fog, a very British weather event, to hide whatever they are doing. believe me, you aren't the first people there to report fog as a prelude to very weird events.

Thanks again for sharing!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hi Picard,
kids asleep, a few drinks and I am back. Its amazing how kids ground you to the norm

It is in my thoughts most days and I really do long to find people who have seen the same thing, I often think "will I be on my death bed and still wondering" In some ways its a curse, to never have any explanation, just ones own feelings, to believe in yourself enough to be content.
The thing is every year for three years we went back up the hill on the anniversary, night of 30 July into morning of 31, hoping I suppose to see them again.
The first anniversary was not at all like I had hoped, this time things were very dark, we were the only ones up there and it was quite cold. I felt scared and uneasy even before anything happened. Ok now just go with me here....

Remember the black things, well there we were 12am and I heard some one coming up the hill, we were sat in the same spot, it's hard to describe but looking back over my shoulder I could see the lights of Avebury lit up behind the hill, this person arrive at the top, very silently, normally you are nearly dead after climbing up the hill and make loads of noise.
I instantly knew something was wrong, I could hear the same sounds that I had before, snuffling, snorting, I felt total exposed, everything went through my mind. How could I be so stupid to put myself back in that position, not really knowing what we'd seen, I felt sure we were about to die.

This thing, man sized, but black, really black, with horns or something under his hood, he wore a cloak, started to move around the top of the hill. I turned to my husband and our friend looking for reassurance, but I could tell by the look in there eyes just how scared they were. We lay flat on the ground totally silent, our friend whispered "if it comes any closer, just roll down the hill"
We lay there almost paralysed with fear and shock, watching this thing perform a weird sort of dance, lifting its arms we could see light shining out from the cloak, into the darkness of the fields and sky, it got so close to us that I had to do something, I coughed. It's the only thing I could think of, now normally, when people come up the hill, the make some noise ,introduce themselves, tell you there reasons for being there, its just on of those places, but this thing did nothing. When I coughed it seemed to see us, and moved away, we got up lay there for a long time, it came very close to us on a few occasions but eventually it disappeared down the side of the hill. The whole thing lasted for about an hour.

It just wasn't human, I have no clue what it was, its legs were weird, bended oddly, its face was black with just a hole, making this sound.
It was horrible.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
hi Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I was posting then saw yours.
You're right, they really did seem to use the fog, making it move around them. The orange lights just made the fog disappear. I have heard about the case you mentioned and I'm looking into that, any more info would be great, I'll follow your link.

I just wanted to add, that when our friends left the hill that night they got in their car, a Volvo 480, with flip up lights, and they sat there for a few moments, flashing the lights up and then drove away.
Also the lights seemed to come from "The Long Barrow" which is an ancient burial mound, also the river "Kennet" runs under the road, they spent a lot of time around the river.

Jessemole,
they were doing something down on the road, first one would glide back down the road, and then the other, I always said "like they were looking for something", a crop circle did appear a few months later in that area, but I'd have to go back to remember which one, I think the scorpion.
I always had an odd one with crop circles, I meet some people who said they made some of them made them, they seemed like nice guys, I told them about what we had seen, and they opened up and told me about orange lights they had seen whilst making them. Also quite often they found that if disturbed whilst making the circles, upon returning, they had been finished, or bits added. I got so into the idea that this might be a way to contact them, that me and my husband went and made one. It was amazing, just a small circle, not in Wiltshire. We lay in the circle looking at the sky and nothing happened, but what a great night I had. I saw people in the circle after that, meditating and I felt good, like I had created some sort of thinking space?
Dont think for a moment that i'm saying all crop circles are manmade, I really dont know! I just think they are so beautifull.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
whoa, thats almost as bizzare as you first experience. I can totally understand you being scared to death, the description you gave sounds more like a demon of some kind, infact its confusing if this is related to ETs at all seeing as there would be much better things for them to do than dance on a hill. You say it was black, could you make out any features, ie where its face was, was there actually a face, ie eyes, mouth etc.
Infact if it wern't for you seeing actual craft in your first experience i would say this has nothing to do with ufos, more just plain old paranormal. So you went up there the first anniversary of incident and this happened, did you repeat this by going there on subsequent anniversaries, did anything strange happen on those visits?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Ambergambler ..........its hard to differentiate between truth and fiction on here but for your information Silbury Hill along with Stonehenge has long been considered as a Vortex Portal for visitors from the 5th Dimension.

New String Theory postulates that there are now probably 11 dimensions.

11 Dimensions fits the Singularity theory precisely

So only another 10 more vortexes to find !!

Google for Silbury Hill, Im sure you will find lots of info on paranormal activities .....unless of course you have already done this.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Wow. fascinating about the crop circles. Thats pretty weird!

It seems the area you were in is in the general area of stonehenge? The whole region seems to be a hotspot for the strange.

Ill look for more links on rendelsham. I recomend listening to the Halt tape and reading the Halt memo.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hi Picard_is_actually_a_grey

Yes we did go up there on the third anniversary, although I'm not really sure why!
This was almost the strangest of all.
Again we arrived at the top of the hill at 12am, it was a nice clear night, nobody up there (remind me to tell you about Reg Presley, in case I forget) and we sat down in the same spot. A few minutes later I got up, I'd been given this crystal by a friend who'd got it in India, its huge and heavy, I wasn't really that impressed having to carry it up the hill, but I'd promised him I would. I placed it in the centre of the hill, and lit some small night light candles that had been left there by someone else, then I went back and sat down.
I wasn't feeling scared this time, it was so nice up there, I wasn't even thinking we'd see anything.
I heard people coming up the hill, talking, it sounded ok, so I relaxed. Two people arrived on the top, a man and a woman, the moon was high and I could see the quite clearly, hippies I thought.
She was wearing a long skirt, long hair loose, he was wearing a cheese cloth long top with beads around his neck, and loose cotton trousers.
She came straight over to us, and he went right over to the crystal, he knelt down.
She asked if she could sit down, our friend flashed us a look, he was never one for hippies types as he called them.. I said yes, and she sat with us, she started to say that she had meet the man overseas and had felt the urge to travel with him, and this was how she had ended up here.
We didn't really say much, just listened and then she said bye and went over to the crystal.
When she left the guy came over, he stood over us and said" You have lit the light of truth" at first I thought, oh here we go, but he seemed ok. He also asked if he could sit with us and made our friend move over so he could sit in-between us.
Then he started to talk, I cant remember every word, but my god he was bang on.
He talked like a preacher might, at first it was weird, but then I got used to it, never being a religious person I was quite interested.
He said he had travelled over water, through the air and in metal, for thousands of years he had been moving around. Now normally you might start to think, nutter, but because of the things that had happened to us before, it didn't seem to strange, so we went with it.
He then started to tell us about three people who had seen this vision and what they should do, he began to retell our experience to us, he said we should look at the vision of Fatima, as reference, none of us said a word. He said that they ( the beings) had been trying to repair the "vibrations' from the hill, which was being disturbed by the road that ran half way around it, and all the heavy traffic that past. He said the hill wasn't functioning as it should, and that's what they were trying to sort out.
He then said that at some point" ships will appear to everyone, they wont land at first, just hang there, until people could no longer deny them, then we would have global contact. The first hanging ships would appear in Wiltshire and then across the world?

It was very strange, he knew details about our experience that we hadn't told anyone at the time, he gave no explanation other than we were to tell people and bear the consequences, that people needed to know, that the road around Silbury hill needed to be stopped for three days straight in order for the repairs to be made'

At this point it was starting to get cold, I was shaking, I lit a cigarette and he asked if he could have one, I thought 'you shouldn't be smoking and it felt strange giving him my cigarette, but as I did I turned to face him and, well what can I say, his skin was luminescent, so smooth, no lines, just perfect, like a computer image, he felt warm yet we were all cold and his eyes were blue, like no eyes I've seen before, I just couldn't stop staring at him, I felt like crying. He held my hand a squeezed it and then he got up, went over to the other side of the hill lay down and went to sleep.

We didn't mention this part to anyone for a few years, even between ourselves really, all that we said was, "do you know who that was?" the answer "yes".

Now being a fairly rational person, I know my judgments may have been clouded by past situations, and I'm not saying anything other that what I felt at the time.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Ambergambler]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
hi JayKew
I always had the feeling that they were dimensional, mainly because of the way the seemed to be able to move in and out of this rip in the air. So interesting you mentioned that.

I've always had migraines and one thing I've noticed with the vision thing is that I can see thousands of strands fizzing off things, like cups, plates, peoples hair, I've even been able to move them with my hand. Then I nearly die from the headache.

oh yes, that lead me to the string theory thing, more because I always thought they looked like strings or webs.
No idea what that could mean, but I've known other people who have seen it to.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I forgot to mention, I found this on a web site where they mentioned our sighting (with no permission from us and major Inaccuracies):

"Military Intervention
Interestingly, some days later a military team closed off the area. They chased people from the lay-bys and car parks in order to conduct some unknown exercise in the field. They were observed to have some sort of large electronic devices."

I asked a few people about this and found it was true! In the field they were last in were two telegraph poles, these were later removed by someone?

And the guy in the car
"2. I can verify that I did indeed drive along the A4 at approximately 1.15am and witnessed the very dense fog. I didn't see any of the happenings on Silbury Hill. However, I thought at the time that the fog was so thick and came down so suddenly that it may be hiding something. It really was about as dense as I have ever witnessed fog. PV"

I did draw some pictures of what we saw, i'll try and work out how to post them.

One last thing, the black thing that came up the hill on 2nd aniversary was doing something with the light, Sort of mapping something out on the ground below? He or it wasn't dancing really, just the way it moved.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Ambergambler, I have a desire to take a vacation, My choice would be in Wiltshire... For me, a bit of excitement would come if it would once again, for that Large figure came into site, I'd get up and ask, what is your thought on this? (of a wet spot in my Jeans upon my attempt) Scared I would be.... But dispite that fear, I'd take that attempt. I just need to know! Remain secure in yourself.. Thanks again for expressing yourself!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I have removed last post, not sure it's right to post. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Deary me..... this is becoming a little like Ted the Caver.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
who is Ted the Caver?

If I've said anything wrong, just let me know, I hate that feeling

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Ahh.............its just the old cynic in me, pay no attention

Tell me , Amber Gambler ............quite a nice nick, why did you choose it ?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hi JayKew

pheww thought I'd done somthing bad.

I chose ambergambler because thats what the lights looked like when we first saw them, amber lights, gambling about. Also a bit like me

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Its also the name given to "Atmospheric Plasma" more commonly known as Eath Light , people who study this sort of thing prefer to call it AmberGambler.

Coincidental yeah ?

Anyway its 2.30, why arent you in bed !!!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
only time I get, kids asleep and very interesting forum and people, like yourself

did a search on google, found this:

What's an amber gambler? The term is used to describe someone who habitually runs through amber traffic lights, hoping to beat the red. It's also a kind of ale, and in Warminster, England in the 1960s, when people regularly began to see UFOs that were yellowish balls of light, they began referring to them as amber gamblers.

Funny that as Warminster is only down the road!

you're right, time for bed, thanks for pulling me up earlier, I was starting to ramble

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayKew
Ahh.............its just the old cynic in me, pay no attention

You know that story, Ted the Caver, really pissed me off. Here I go and read page after page in anticipation, and nothing. What a crock. It was interesting though...

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So Amber do these things still appear?

What if you brought recording equipment, digi-cam or something and try and record what you see. Perhaps what you could do is set up a camera in the area where these things appear and let it record for the night?

Very unlikely but what if the Army found out, would they do anything perhaps try and capture this thing?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Hi Flyboy211

Have thought of that, and in the summer last year we did go there on holiday, never went up the hill because I was to scared. We did go to another hill with a camera, and I took about ten photos of some lights in the sky that formed into a triangle shape, this time loads of people were up there and they all saw it to.
Maybe i'm not mad after all

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join