It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Encounter in Wiltshire

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have been on this site for a few days now and have made some post, some private to a few members. I have decided to throw this in because I don’t really know why I'm on this site. I know I'm opening myself up for ridicule and I'm not the sort of person who deals with that well, but I really want people to know what we saw. My husband asked me why I wanted to post our experience up on this site and I said, because I want to know if any one else has seen what we have. After 10 years I've never meet one other person who can recount a similar experience. Far from feeling special and enlightened, I often find myself feeling alone and sad, wondering what the point was, questioning every second of the sighting. It nearly drives me mad. Since then things have happened, but nothing like that night

It was the summer of 1994 and we were going to Silbury hill in Wiltshire, UK.

It was amazing when we got there, not what I had expected, this place had a feel to it, ancient and futuristic all in one. The crop circle season was in full swing and people were buzzing around everywhere.

We arrived, at Silbury late in the evening and went to the pub for one drink, after we walked down the road and up the steep slope of Silbury Hill.
It was great up there and we were soon joined by five young teenagers, who were doing what teenagers do when the weren't being watched by their parents, as well as two other friends who'd arranged to meet us there.
We sat together watching the cars and lorries slowly trundle off into the night, gradually getting further and further apart as the time moved on, until silence.

And then it came, rolling across the land like a tide coming in, covering the land around us in a thick sea of fog. Amazing, this was the thickest fog I’d ever seen, we could see about 30 feet in front and above, transforming the hill into a dome in the middle of nothing.

Our friends decided to leave and preceded down the hill to their car and drove of.

We settled down and turned up the music and joined the teenagers in a game of "Light the fog" by pointing our torches up into the air and being blinded by the fog lighting up.

We sat down and then I heard some strange noise coming from the bottom of the hill, it sounded like and animal sniffling and snorting, and a buzzing sound also, I moved over to the edge of the hill and looked over, below me on the path that led up the hill was a line of small black things, scurrying up toward us, I felt instant fear, It was around about this point that one of us spotted them, small orange lights floating along in the fog toward us somewhere down on the road ( at this point I completely forgot about the things coming up and I didn’t remember them till way after the whole experience stopped). Dogs started barking in the distance and a smell of burning reached us, it started to feel different up there. Everything stopped muted by the fog, complete and utter silence, nothing moved, just these little orange lights.
We stood transfixed on the edge of the hill watching them, speculating on what they were as they moved steadily closer. Then they arrived, floating down the road, illuminating the white lines on the tarmac as they came. And I gasped, "their little people".

Down on the road below us were two small pyramid like objects with one small shining white occupant in each, at the top of the pyramid was an orange light that penetrated the fog all around them.

We stared in disbelief at what we were seeing and I raised my torch and shone it down at them, they stopped suddenly and turned to face us.

They started to rise up in the air and ascended toward us, I turned to call out to the teenagers and saw them lying on the ground, my heart was pounding and I felt really strange, like when you’re in a crash and everything slows down, disconnected.

I turned round and everything was orange, light pouring at us.
Then they were gone, back on the road...

From here on it's all a bit fragmented, a car approached in the distance and we could see the beings on the road, I thought that the car would see them, maybe even drive into them. As the car hit the fog it slowed right down and the beings just sort of shrunk into one small white light that moved into the hedge and the car drove past. As it drove past the small white light darted out around the back of it and into a field, where it expanded into a shaft of white light in the darkness, thought this slit/shaft/rip, beings move in and out, doing something in the field.

The experience continued for a while longer, it got really strange, and then suddenly they vanished. The teenagers lay in a little circle and as I walked round them I could see a black covering on them, almost like a bin bag but blacker, they were all wet, and wouldn't stir, even when I nudged them with my foot.

During the sighting, we made so much noise that some other person who had been on the other side of the hill came over and he saw the very end part of the whole thing. He was the only person who knew the time, and when they vanished he said it was 3:15am.
We estimate that it started at 1:15am because our friends left at 1am and it was only a short time after that it all started.
The man in the car was tracked down by someone we told in Wiltshire, he said he hit the fog around the hill at 1:15am, now from our point of view, he was at the end of the thing, so what does that mean?

All I have are questions and a few thoughts, they reacted to us, when we saw the car, which was before them, due to our elevation, they hid, and they reacted to me pointing the torch at them.

I don’t know what they were.

Any ideas, theories or similar things would be great, all I want is to understand this.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Similar things, albeit a lot milder have happened at Kingly Vale, Hampshire, or so a good friend of mine tells me.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hi Irma

Can you elaborate on that at all?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I can't elaborate too much as this happened to a friend of mine. I can't remember the full details. The fog, growling, moving lights and loss of time my friend experienced is exactly how you described.

And, sorry it's Kingley Vale, and it's in West Sussex. On the south coast near Goodwood.

[edit on 10-1-2005 by Irma]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Wow! fascinating experience amber, not your typical grey abduction, must of seemed quite strange indeed. Iv heard of orange orbs before, indeed its probably the most common sighting people have, however all the other stuff- the pyramids with occupents actually visible, and the little people are all new to me. How small were these beings, like in the range of a small child, or even smaller?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
That is most definately one of the stranger cases I've heard of...Very interesting story. Please describe as best you can exactly what these beings looked like, size, shape, colors, anything you can think of! Thanks!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Hi TA and Picard-i-a-a-g
Thanks for the responses.
The beings were about 4 foot and looked very human in shape, just without hair. Not like greys at all. They sort of had white skin that was illuminated from the inside (I suppose it could have been a suit, but it looked to smooth like skin), that's why I call them light beings. They sat cross legged or kneeling in the tetrahedrons with their hands out in front of them, maybe holding a joystick or something, they could get out, and when they did, they floated just above the road.
The tetrahedral vehicle had no visible sides but more like metal edges, which were very clear. The orange light on top, must have had a cover of some sort, because as they turned it vanished.

Thanks Irma, i'll see what I can find online.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

It was great up there and we were soon joined by five young teenagers, who were doing what teenagers do when the weren't being watched by their parents, as well as two other friends who'd arranged to meet us there.

Just to clarify...were any controlled substances involved? This sounds like the original intent was to go to a place to get drunk or high. Not saying this is so in your case, but if you're looking for answers, this factor either needs to be considered, or eliminated. In my brief times in the UK, I've often been amazed at how quickly a deep fog can roll in, but we must rule out the possibility of such substances perhaps exaggerating the circumstances...especially when dealing with a memory ten years old...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The experience continued for a while longer, it got really strange, and then suddenly they vanished. The teenagers lay in a little circle and as I walked round them I could see a black covering on them, almost like a bin bag but blacker, they were all wet, and wouldn't stir, even when I nudged them with my foot.

What happened about this? what was the black stuff? why were they wet? did they wakeup? ??????????

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
i for one cant laugh at your experience. Not after seeing a whole bunch of people being paralysed by a big white-bluish ball in the sky and not remembering any of it afterwards. This happened in Turkey about 10 years ago. What i dont understand is why i wasnt paralised and actually found whole thing pretty funny when it was happening, thinking poor fools dont have any idea whats going on. I have a strong feeling it was like some sort of a scan being done on us, but by who and why?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

for one cant laugh at your experience. Not after seeing a whole bunch of people being paralysed by a big white-bluish ball in the sky and not remembering any of it afterwards. This happened in Turkey about 10 years ago. What i dont understand is why i wasnt paralised and actually found whole thing pretty funny when it was happening, thinking poor fools dont have any idea whats going on. I have a strong feeling it was like some sort of a scan being done on us, but by who and why?

Was there anything different about you, than those paralyzed? For example, were they adults but you were a child at the time?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hi Gazrok

Total understand your questions, no there were no controlled substances involve, the reason we went up there was because my husband had been to Wiltshire a few times before we met, and he was very interested in the crop circles, although I have to say there is no link that I can see between the two things (other than the area). Secondly we were working with a friend at the time, who was an historian (he's pasted away now) and he was studying the area, he left the hill at 1:15am.
Although the memory is ten years old luckily or maybe not, after the sighting, we were inundated with ufo researchers, wanting to know more, we were asked to give a speech at the Wiltshire symposium, but we just couldn't and ended up running away. So what I'm saying is we wrote it down very soon after the night, and I'll also add, although it might sound strange that the three of us, had very slightly different memories of the timing of the events.

Instar: You know I never really understood the black stuff thing, although the things that were coming up the hill just before, sort of had black stuff around them , so, could it have been them?

They did wake up, I never made any effort to stop them though, because it was just to strange. The fog faded and with it the black stuff, they just got up, not saying a word and single file left the hill. I watched them go all the way down the hill and down the road, never saying one word.

That was odd because they had been so noisy before! I think they were wet because of the fog.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
hi nukunuku
have you ever seen anything since then?

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Ambergambler]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
hey amber, I was wondering how such an extreme experience like this has affected your perception of life, I mean is it constantly nagging at the back of your mind as go about your daily life with people oblivious to such phenomena? Do you wish everyone knew about such beings, and that it was widely accepted as real? Do you wish they would make contact and explain their behaviour?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Ambergambler, Hello again, thanks for giving us your experence.... as could be expected, going into this, some will question what you have shared... Do not for a moment allow that to prevent you and shy away from what you have seen. With that said... You have ask for maybe a theory if "We" had one... This will be mine. Starting with the Crop Circle's, those are amazing to look at, Man cannot make those in my opinion, regardless of others that try to prove different. There to perfect, considering the Canvas that was used, and all others reasons that would prevent Man from making them as such.
Now here is my twist on this, considering the Orbs that have been seen, and taking into account you and others did see to some extent a presence that had captured your attention, With time loss, that you mention. Tells me those Orbs, as well as those little black shadows were in the process of doing some creative art work... You were in their way, as well as others... You/others were in there way to create a message.. however you seen one In your experence.... Were there any other New Circles reported the day after? Or maybe days after... In some cases, its been realized, some have been completed by taken days to do so...
During those days who else might of affected their progress in your/there presence...
I realize this might sound like I'm in left field in this concept, but you know, sometimes you have to be... I'd like to hear of the other Account that your friend seen... I guess very close, but more intense.
Tell your Husband to relax, your doing him a favor by asking. It is easy not to ask, at the risk of feeling dumb, But not to, You remain not knowing... Which is worse? Were here on the need to know bases are'nt we?
Share More !!

[edit on 11-1-2005 by jessemole]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

for one cant laugh at your experience. Not after seeing a whole bunch of people being paralysed by a big white-bluish ball in the sky and not remembering any of it afterwards. This happened in Turkey about 10 years ago. What i dont understand is why i wasnt paralised and actually found whole thing pretty funny when it was happening, thinking poor fools dont have any idea whats going on. I have a strong feeling it was like some sort of a scan being done on us, but by who and why?

Was there anything different about you, than those paralyzed? For example, were they adults but you were a child at the time?

I was at the time 17 years old, but there were people of all age there, from children to retired. I didnt talk to all of them though i must say, just a couple that were sitting around me. This was dinner time on the hotel terrace in Antalya, Turkey.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambergambler
hi nukunuku
have you ever seen anything since then?

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Ambergambler]

Apart from strange dreams haunting me from childhood about grey like aliens, and a couple of memories which i cant for sure say if they were dreams or real experiences, no (you know dreams that feel very real)
The most frightening experience happened much later, when i became seriously interested in shamanism and saw a grey face to face while doing mexican mushrooms. Very disturbing to say the least. I can safely say it was the scariest moment of my life.

Just to make things clear, the accident that happened in Turkey happened before i started drinking, smoking, anything. I was an A grade student and very much into sports. But i can tell you i knew they existed all my life. I dont know how, i just knew. My mother gave me one advice then when i was a kid, dont say such stuff everybody will think you are crazy.

Well see

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
nukunuku, It appears you have gone passed your mother advice.... Good move! I'd like to hear more. I think your safe here to some extent, just duck the punches.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hi again,

Interesting thoughts Picard, I will answer you and jessemole, you're right there is more to tell.
I have to put kids to bed, but I will be back later, I'll fill it in a bit more then.
Thanks for being so open, cant say that I've always found that

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Thanks for taking the question as it was intended. I don't suppose anyone had a camera by chance? Interesting encounter though...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join