It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil prices now change daily in one hour 5%,more than half of stocks changes since $20 (why)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Oil prices now change regularly almost on a daily basis in one hour 5%. That's more than half of what main western oil stocks changed since oil was $20.

Example BP over last year:

Example NYMEX Crude, January 10 (same pattern for the last weeks) :

Now the question that the media avoids is : why ?

I will answer, May God will, if nobody else will.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that now Iraqs oil supply, being the second single holder of known reserves in the world, is being fully exploited by the world economy, and continues to grow and add mroe to the market, therefore causing a rapid shift in the value as new areas of Iraq and possibly Afghansitan are also being searched using more advanced methods for hidden reserves, some of which may have already been found? After all I have noticed the gas prices go down slightly in recent months, although an average gallon of premium gas is still not under 2.00$. Thats my guess. What would you explain?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
That seems to be the issue. Crude prices have cooled down a bit in the last month, but still remain extremely unstable. Each time a new issue seems to threaten a supply (even a minor one) the price skyrocket, only to drop dramatically after the threat ends or it's shown to be unrelated (usually in a couple of days). You are right in pointing out the lack of media attention and detailed analysis: even the pros point out that the high price is due to China's and India's increased demand, or to the Iraqi war, but fail to explain the sudden and dramatic price drops we experienced in the last two months. The former Saudi Petroleum Minister pointed out quite clearly that crude oil is currently at the center of a worldwide speculation, with many countries and companies keeping back production or stockpiling to affect prices. He also pointed out that, like all speculations, this will burst in the short time, since, even considering a steady increase in China's demand (unlikely), the true crude price is in the low 30s-high 20s. He said that the bubble will probably burst in late 2005-early 2006 with dramatic side-effects. I think he's right: come to think of it, crude is only thing you can speculate on right now to give you big profits in the short term. The Japanese bubble economy is gone, the Stock Exchanges worldwide are closely monitored in the wake of the Enron and Worldcom scandals, developing countries keep a closer watch on their economy right now (Argentina docet), central banks keep a closer eye on their currencies, after the so called "Soros crisis" affecting some European values in the 90s. You know, honest crooks got to make a living...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
NATO's oil was explained here long ago
The day oil prices set records daily the latest in 2004 was explained here long ago (April 1999) :
www.matt-marriott.faithweb.c...l..._reserves.html

And when that day came, in May 2004, the castle of cards started collapsing.
The moment where the
truth about the last hope (Saudi Arabia) of the islamo-NATziO alliance couldn't be hidden any more :

engforum.pravda.ru...

As the NATO sheeple accepted the mark of the beast (October 3 to November 2, 2004) the islamo-NATziO alliance took the opportunity to place oil in the markets BELOW production costs. One last desperate move to gain extra-extra time
www.goldismoney.info...

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'll give you an example, take it for its face value. I live in Europe, ok: at the height of the crude crisis I was paying a LITRE of 95 RON unleaded 1.200 Euro. Right now I pay the same product 1.059 Euro and the price is dropping each week. And consider that the crude price is still well above 40 dollars, the Euro has more or less the same value as a month ago and that an hefty 60% of the price is made up of various taxes...

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Matt, stocks and commodities fluctuate on a day to day basis. The price of oil that was going through the roof was futures which is basically a bunch of guys in suits gambaling or speculating on its relative value months from now.

For people lucky enuf to have Euros right now, the price of oil is pegged to the dollar, so if you hold Euros, its way cheaper that it was because the Euro is very strongs against the dollar right now.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The price of oil, like all commodities, fluctuates much more than most major stock indices. That's why I trade commodities and not stocks!

Joe cool is right about the oil being priced in dollars, and it helping the EU not feel the same pinch as USA.

I have traded my euros for greenbacks, btw. Dollar staging a near-term comeback.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
February 9, another 5% day, closing with a 0.06% difference ...

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
My Husband says to look up the DOE. He says it's the volatility in the region and the increase of in the number of people speculating and following the oil market right now.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
apparently the Bush "election" celebration phase (where oil could be offered to bring down the price 1%-3% in one bid) finished today

[edit on 22-2-2005 by MattMarriott]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Matt, stocks and commodities fluctuate on a day to day basis. The price of oil that was going through the roof was futures which is basically a bunch of guys in suits gambaling or speculating on its relative value months from now.

Yeah but if you look at the chart over a long period of time, you can start to draw trend lines, and so far they are point up up up. We are entering into a long Oil bullish phase which I highly doubt will burst in the near term as geopolitical tension in the Mid-East seem to be getting worse not better, not exactly a situation that is conducive to low oil prices. Even the saudi oil cartel have admitted as much that thier estimate of a 20-28 USD a barrel price target was optimistic at best, they have since revised thier target prices to 32-36 USD/Barrel still a bit optimistic but getting closer to reality. For a long time Oil was undervalued and overconsumed, we are going to pay that toll soon and when the time comes you'll know it by the prices on the pumps, it's is probably going to take alot more to get to Oil Shock levels but we're well on our way. The sceptics have been saying that Oil will be going back down soon, for 3 years now. How long is soon?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Just a note, the links in the 'answer' post in the middle here do not work at all.

Why continue to be so cryptic? Why make people re-work the links?

Is there a specific date at which your ideas are either correct or incorrect?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Just a note, the links in the 'answer' post in the middle here do not work at all.

Thanks correcte link for " And when that day came, in May 2004, the castle of cards started collapsing.
The moment where the
truth about the last hope (Saudi Arabia) of the islamo-NATziO alliance couldn't be hidden any more :" May 19, 2004

engforum.pravda.ru...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Oil Prices Justification - Proof that NATO masses are zombies
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join