It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germans Cheer As Refugee Center Burns, Crowds Stop Firefighters From Extinguishing Blaze

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

They haven't burned the people up YET. Give 'em time.

Violence and destruction is never the answer. Gandhi taught us how to do it. Martin Luther King Jr. taught us how to do it.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I'll call whoever I like a Nazi.

And the Nazis can keep crying about it.

I won't lose any sleep.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Point is,they did not hurt Any Person. Why are you so sure they will? Burning an empty building is a pretty far cry from burning a building with people in it- and if they do that,i too will be horrified,and turn against them. But i do not automatically assume that burning a building will lead to burning of actual people. It looks to me like they are trying to send an urgent message to their government.Whether they are right or wrong,it is the right of taxpaying natural Citizens of a country to be heard. Sometimes something like this is the only way to get the attention of a government that deliberately turns a deaf ear.And whatever your point of view,the reality is,these people EXIST,these Germans and immigrants,and the Germans did not all vote to have this thrust upon them. It is not the fault of most German civilians that these streams of immigrants are entering their country,and Europe in general. They were just born in this place,with this way of life,like any culture/nation anywhere on the planet,and they would like to preserve it as is.They are feeling desperate and cornered,i imagine,by their government making decisions that they perceive to not be in their best interest,and that of their children and grandchildren.Decisions that may harmfully impact them in future. Not all people can just pack up and leave a country or region,if their way of life is compromised.

Which country is going to give refugee status and shelter to white Europeans who have to flee their own native lands because it has become untenable?

The likes of Gandhi and MLK we shall never be blessed with again,i suspect.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Well,call whomever you like a Nazi then. And by all means don't lose any sleep over it,child.Just do not be surprised if the ones you keep labelling Nazi's,actually eventually say "F it" and Become what they keep being called.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You seem to be very concerned with a country "preserving it's culture".

Interesting, coming from someone who lives in a country that was taken over by the white European culture.

I could say the same thing about my country, with Europeans coming in and replacing the culture of the natives who were there first.

Pretty nasty, those white Europeans, huh?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Yes it sure wasn't nice what we did over 500 years ago. Should we therefore welcome the destruction of the culture that was built in all those years, by a completely other group, hypothetically speaking.

If you see one as wrong, then surely you must see the other as wrong too.

Quite the logical fallacy there.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Oh dear. Wasn't it inevitable that some wiener(s) would invoke the Nazis . . .

It's a prescription for instant ignore based on complete lack of originality.

Pathetic, and that's being generous.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

Sure, most domestic terrorism is made up of groups acting out to have their will achieved.

A very good example are the fundamentalist anti-abortion groups who have been trying to get abortion made illegal - when that didn't work, they started killing abortion doctors and blowing up abortion clinics. They want legal abortion to go away. That is their will.

en.wikipedia.org...

so six nuts shoot doctors over a twenty plus year period and that's a wave of domestic terrorism? more kids get killed in Chicago on an average weekend.
bombings? what, two?
of course such violence is wrong, but it's not exactly a national wave, esp considering the millions of abortion opponents and evangelical /fundamentalists Christians in the US.

would we say these Germans are engaging in non-violent civil disobedience?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I live in the country i was born in. South Africa.

Colonised by the Dutch,first white man here was Jan van Riebeeck. We had our history,now we have our present day.First the ravages of Apartheid,now the ravages of the ANC administration. We all still have our own cultures,black and white,and we do not begrudge each other our cultures. The Muslims here are a very small minority ,and all very decent,nice people,never a moment of trouble from them. We all go along just as we always have.

It is the Europeans i am concerned about. Just because i am sitting in the cushy seat down here in South Africa,doesn't mean i cannot be concerned for others,eh?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

But you see, the difference is, in my country (U.S.), we decided to build upon a mixture of cultures. Sure, we run into problems from time to time, but it works overall for us. We don't throw any culture out. The consistent thread is our Constitution and our laws, which frown on violence and destruction - no matter what culture you belong to.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

But you see, the difference is, in my country (U.S.), we decided to build upon a mixture of cultures. Sure, we run into problems from time to time, but it works overall for us.

See, you simply don't get it because of your perspective. You said it yourself.....

You can't compare your society and culture to individual European cultures. Your country started from scratch and became a melting pot from the start.

Our countries have very long histories and traditions that are deeply rooted in our cultures.

You simply don't understand what's at stake for us here.

It goes beyond "just" losing our cultures.
edit on 26-2-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

It is the Europeans i am concerned about. Just because i am sitting in the cushy seat down here in South Africa,doesn't mean i cannot be concerned for others,eh?

We appreciate that.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Many other countries had very long histories and traditions that were deeply rooted in their cultures. South Africa, for one. The natives lived there for how many thousands of years before the white Europeans came in? Lots of clashes between the cultures, with the white Europeans pretty much winning. They seemed to have worked most of that out (with a few exceptions, like anywhere else), and can now live peacefully with each other. Why can't you guys do that?

Exactly what is at stake for you? If you are talking about crime perpetrated by "some" refugees, you have a right to insist they be tried for their crimes and punished. But what is wrong with Muslims living in peace with non-Muslims?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I'll call whoever I like a Nazi. And the Nazis can keep crying about it.

The nazis in this thread you mean?

For someone boasting about his Nazi calling skills you sure were very discrete about it. A bit dissapointing, really.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Actually,and this is not meant for scoring points,to me who does not have a dog in the race,it is merely about historical accuracy,Kayla,when JVR landed,there were no black tribes in the area known as the Cape Colony,only a most wonderful tribe i absolutely revere,the Khoi-San,the "Bushmen". And yes,they were cheated out of land-but most definitely not oppressed or murdered. Akin to the Australian Aborigines,though not in appearance,but more in way of life.The black tribes were encountered only later,as the pioneers made their way inland. Battles ensued,with the Xhosa and the Zulu,some were won,some lost. I have much respect and reverence for the Zulu tribe of South Africa,not for political reasons,but for spiritual and metaphysical. If i had to pick a spiritual leader,it would be Credo VusamaZulu Mutwa,one of the wisest men alive,yet a humble and compassionate man. I spoke to him once on the phone,but i was in a depression,and the kindness in his voice made me cry so much,plus a bad connection,but one of the most important people who has lived in current history. A VASTLY underestimated fountain of wisdom,knowledge,kindness,compassion and goodwill.

www.sahistory.org.za...
edit on 26-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: added

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Many other countries had very long histories and traditions that were deeply rooted in their cultures. South Africa, for one. The natives lived there for how many thousands of years before the white Europeans came in? Lots of clashes between the cultures, with the white Europeans pretty much winning. They seemed to have worked most of that out (with a few exceptions, like anywhere else), and can now live peacefully with each other. Why can't you guys do that?

So you are going to use that straw man argument again, even though I had already disqualified it.

Again, just because my country destroyed a culture, or multiple cultures even, over the centuries, doesn't mean that I should not want to preserve my own culture. The one has absolutely no bearing on the other. I admit, it might seem that there is some irony there, but there is no connection whatsoever that should make the one affect the other.

Exactly what is at stake for you? If you are talking about crime perpetrated by "some" refugees, you have a right to insist they be tried for their crimes and punished. But what is wrong with Muslims living in peace with non-Muslims?

Oh my god there is that typical reasoning I always see with naive leftwing huggers. "But the justice system". This is after the fact. They only get a small percentage of criminals anyway. It doesn't solve a problem.

What's at stake you ask, my ideology, my culture, my people, our future. Not just because of this current refugee influx.

On paper, there is nothing wrong with muslims living in peace with non muslims. Let's live in peace in seperate countries. If we want to live in peace once they really become a significant part of the population, then we are going to have to let go of our own culture and settle for a more "islamocentric" one.

Off course you don't see a problem there.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Did you miss the part where I said that the different cultures in South Africa worked it out and now live peacefully with each other? Different cultures means that one culture didn't kick out the other so that only one culture is left. Same with my country. Multiple cultures co-existing.

Tell me why your country can't have multiple cultures co-existing without your culture disappearing. If other countries can do it, why can't yours? Why can't you still maintain your traditions, your rituals, your holidays, ect.?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You mean after the clashes between cultures. Just goes to show how dumb your whole argument is. You are saying yourself that in such cases there will be war. So you are asking me why I don't want war. Why I don't really want my country to devolve into chaos. I mean in the end there will be utopia, right.

And also, you are clearly saying that in one case, my country did wrong, but now you want us to accept a similar thing done to us.

Do you want to see us punished?

Like I said, it is a logical fallacy, driven by a particular emotion.

Also, you speak of societies becoming completely multicultural as an end goal. Like it is supposed to be like that. What is up with that anyway.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Maybe I'm just saying to learn from history and don't make the same mistakes others made in the past. Instead of fighting and trying to kick out another culture, start learning to live peacefully with each other right now. There doesn't have to be war.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You are being extremely naive and obtuse.

I just told you, in the end there will be war, or our cultures are dead. Your own examples show that there will be war.

There doesn't need to be war. There doesn't need to be a destruction of my culture either. Yet one of them will happen. Or both.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join