It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kuwait is urging its citizens already in Lebanon to leave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Had to snip the title due to word length restrictions.

Kuwait is the latest Arab country to follow in Saudi Arabia's footsteps by urging its citizens already in Lebanon to leave and issuing a travel warning for citizens planning a visit

KUWAIT CITY (AP) — Kuwait is the latest Arab country to follow in Saudi Arabia's footsteps by urging its citizens already in Lebanon to leave and issuing a travel warning for citizens planning a visit. Kuwait on Wednesday joined Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain — all member-states of the tight-knit Gulf Cooperation Council — in its call for citizens to avoid travel to Lebanon. The Kuwait News Agency, which carried the travel advisory by Kuwait's Embassy in Lebanon, gave no details on the nature of the security threat. The move comes days after Saudi Arabia cut $4 billion in aid to Lebanese security forces in retaliation for Lebanon, which is home to the powerful Iran-backed Hezbollah group, siding with Iran in the Sunni kingdom's spat with the Shiite power.

Nothing more in the article than what's quoted here so not a hell of a lot to go off really, but it sure seems strange they're telling citizens to get out and to not travel to Lebanon.

Is something expected to happen there ? Perhaps a spill over from the Syrian war into Lebanon ? Terrorist attacks that the GCC know about but aren't going to reveal ? It can't be just because of Hezbollah because they've been on Iran's side for a long time haven't they ?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech
it appears a major shooting war is about to take place.

clear russia out of syria.

edit on 24-2-2016 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
it appears a major shooting war is about to take place.

clear russia out of syria.

I could see that happening.
But why clear out of Lebanon?
If something is about to go down in Lebanon, that would make things interesting, considering that Israel borders Lebanon to the South.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Given that Hezbollah were one of the first to engage and slaughter ISIS combatants, travelling across borders to do so, I'd say it's obvious why the likes of SA want to cause problems for Lebanon.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

It's just bizarre to me considering we're supposed to see a cease fire between the major groups in Syria apart from Al Nusra and ISIS.

You don't just tell your citizens to pack your bags and leave another country unless you know something is going to go down or is going down right ?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

that would make things interesting,

More, interesting I should think.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
it was a ruse..lebanon will be the staging area.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
hmmm france it seems has ordered its carrier and battle fleet to the eastern mediterranean sea.
post haste...
alot of positioning going on.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Wasn't that done in november last year? Or is there something new going on I haven't heard about?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mikkelno
from what i have been reading this morning this is happening right now.
only about 60 miles from lebanon to damascus i think.
perfect staging area for the war to begin i suppose.

edit on 24-2-2016 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Ummm...perfectly staged for some fuel/air bombardment...should they wish to start a war with Russia...Or...tactical nukes...should the moderate terrorist supporters (turkey...nato...us...the house of saud...etc...)...start killing some Russians and starting WWIII...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is not rocket science. Hezbollah's strangle hold on the Lebanese Government has gotten stronger and the Saudi's no longer see the Lebanese Government as being able to stand against Hezbollah so it has cut military aid. This of course will cause retaliation against Saudi and GCC citizens in Lebanon. Just as any journalist or member of Government that speaks out against Hezbollah ends up blow up, GCC citizens will be targets now. Let us not forget Hezbollah is a terrorist group and these are the guys who became the first terror group to use suicide bombings, assassinations, hijackings, murders etc. They pretty much set the bar for all other to follow. So if your in Lebanon and your government has upset Hezbollah you will be the one paying the price.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Ummm...just as the house of saud the usa and every coalition member that thought it was high fun to destabilize the mideast through their proxies...terrorist organizations one and all...

Or did you think the drone strikes and bombing of hospitals weddings and funerals was just terrific...enjoyable even...for all the...collaterally damaged...

Let's remove our heads from our collective backsides and start with the truth of the situation...shall we...?

YouSir

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Saudi Arabia canceled the rest of an aid package they had set up for Lebanon. They're not happy with the government.

"Hezbollah has been blocking the election of a new president in Lebanon, and furthermore this has been proved as per the Saudi official's statement due to Lebanon's lack of support to Saudi Arabia in the international political arena like the Arab League where Lebanon has refused to support the Arab unanimous position condemning the attack on the Saudi Embassy in Iran,"Kahwaji said. "This was very offensive from Lebanon towards Saudi, in addition to the negative statements coming out of Lebanon from Hezbollah towards Saudi Arabia".

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

America would distance its self from ANYONE regardless of how much oil they have if they started dropping FAE's or anything for that matter on Russian bases.

what use is oil and alliances if the world is a glowing cinder

look how fast the US threw Turkey under the bus for that little shoot down 'incident'

S.A or the U.A.E types bomb Russian forces then Russia bombs them back, then S.A calls in the favor to get those ready made nukes and hit them, and Russia launches SLBM and IRBM then S.A cries to the us and then we are in a full scale nuclear exchange.

orrrr

We(The US) tell them to tread lightly and we will not back them in the case of there aggression's against Russian forces and if they chose to they will be doing so on there own AKA suicide

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Ummm...see how easy that was...how on earth can't our fearless leaderships reach such conclusions...

Ahhhh...agenda...such a lovely little word...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yep I understand this but it's no reason to start telling your citizens to not travel there just because aid has been cut, Mrspads reasoning makes sense for a change but still I'd argue that most nations issue travel advisory notices only when something has happened, so it suggests to me they have some intel about something that will happen sooner or later.

For instance before the gunman in Tunisia went on a killing spree on the beach and killed a bunch of tourists, we had no travel advice against traveling to Tunisia it was only after the fact that advice against going there was released, now it's pretty much off limits except for essential travel. Just doesn't seem normal to give advice before something happens unless you know something is going to happen.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yep I understand this but it's no reason to start telling your citizens to not travel there just because aid has been cut, Mrspads reasoning makes sense for a change but still I'd argue that most nations issue travel advisory notices only when something has happened, so it suggests to me they have some intel about something that will happen sooner or later.

For instance before the gunman in Tunisia went on a killing spree on the beach and killed a bunch of tourists, we had no travel advice against traveling to Tunisia it was only after the fact that advice against going there was released, now it's pretty much off limits except for essential travel. Just doesn't seem normal to give advice before something happens unless you know something is going to happen.

In this case by canceling the aid they expect something to happen. They would not need direct evidence just knowing Hezbollah's history is enough to know their citizens are likely in danger. On top of that their is also the chance the Lebanese government or a revolt in general could try and challenge Hezbollah to show the world it is still in control of Lebanon.

After all Syria's long occupation of Lebanon was only ended when Assad had the Lebanese President assassinated sparking the Cedar revolution and forcing the Syrians out. So it is possible the aid cut could result in another attempt to throw off Hezbollah. In any case the Gulf states would have to be clueless to not expect trouble for their people in Lebanon.

new topics

top topics

join