It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unfavorable semicircle weird youtube channel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
this channel is being discussed on reddit. i made a search here couldnt find any thread about it- please delete or move if necessary.

it seems that this youtube channel is uploading 3 videos per minute without ever stopping. it seems to be going for several months with different kind of very short videos being uploaded every few seconds.
the videos normally have just a weird static image showing apparently random pixels and a voice saying a single letter. most videos are 5 second clips- but some are longer and feature screams,music and other oddities.
number-station ? obscure art project ? a machine learning something ?
i thought this is creepy-weird enough to be posted here.
if it has been posted before please remove.

just want to add that this somehow reminded me of the forgotten language website discussed in the language of vampyr thread.
edit on 23-2-2016 by glowdog because: forgot a thought

edit on 23-2-2016 by glowdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: glowdog

It's hard to say what it's all about.

I doubt the creator is going to give it away. AI is a scary thought, as though this is it's first step of becoming self aware - though that's a stretch - what a scary thought.

This is most likely, in my opinion anyway, to be a testing channel for some audiophile channel. Checking levels and frequencies. Though that wouldn't account for the images and weird long videos, maybe the creator put those there once he realized people had an interest - to troll them.

We will probably never know.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
not sure about the testing channel. videos seem to be of different length and content and there are also pauses between uploads. apparently untypical for testing channels .... and how can someone put so much work into trolling - uploading a video each 30 seconds - several thousand a day .... i think it really is weird.

some folks on reddit seem to try to solve this- but its just a few people. maybe clever folks here on ats have more ideas ...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Number station.

Uses steganography and spoken keys.

IMHO.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

This link to that YT channel is trying to force me to connect to my TV. YT has never done that.

Could it be trying to access Smart TV's and hijack the cameras?

I'm nervous about viewing this channel if it won't allow me to just view on my device... 🙎

Curiouser and curiouser.
edit on 23-2-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

This link to that YT channel is trying to force me to connect to my TV. YT has never done that.

Could it be trying to access Smart TV's and hijack the cameras?

I'm nervous about viewing this channel if it won't allow me to just view on my device... 🙎

Curiouser and curiouser.

I think you accidentally fat fingered the connect to tv button on your youtube app.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Well I'm on a Samsung Galaxy s2... big enough. Lol.

All I did was hit the link provided.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Some kind of count down to an event ? attack ? or something to coordinate an attack maybe ?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I try the videos and none will play. All other YouTube is working correctly

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

S+f for interest's sake,and i'm posting so i can find this thread easily again. Not sure that i want to have a look just yet,sounds creepy,and one doesn't know if it contains harmful subliminals. Great catch,OP

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

i doubt there are sublimals in the clips- they are only 6 seconds long and just show a flat colored background with a few dots on it. i think it would be fairly easy to spot any inserted images.

the channel continues to spam videos like a clockwork every 20 seconds.
there was an article on Atlas Obscura thats how i found out about it.

www.atlasobscura.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sociolpath

that is strange - they play just fine for me.

i guess the channel could be considered as a spam-channel. maybe if youtube staff got aware of it they would close it. i´m baffled that it keeps posting this apparent nonsense for months.

some said it´s a number station ... could be true. but it seems a very weird and different number station than the usual radio-number stations no ? anybody knows if there are more number stations on you tube ?

edit : was just reading on reddit and one user says that number- stations never have spoken letters. like the name says number stations use numbers and if they use letters they always use the phonetic alphabet (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie... for example)
in the videos letters are spoken normally. so it seems that it is not a number station.

edit on 24-2-2016 by glowdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
S+F for finding this strangeness!
I browsed some of the videos last night and read some of the theories on reddit.
Very mysterious, certainly fed my imagination, but I don't think it is a number station. If it were simply a you tube testing channel then why did it just pop up out of nowhere about a year ago...and how would that explain the longer more unsettling videos?

meh! as intriguing as it is I don't think the true nature of it will ever be understood.

I am putting it right into my "unexplained but tantalising" file !

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

yup this is really a weird one. and it sure gets the imagination going but i don't think i could contribute anything useful to solve it. there seem to be some people on reddit that want to decode this. i´m curious if they have any success...
also keeping this on my oddity-radar

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat
S+F for finding this strangeness!
I browsed some of the videos last night and read some of the theories on reddit.
Very mysterious, certainly fed my imagination, but I don't think it is a number station. If it were simply a you tube testing channel then why did it just pop up out of nowhere about a year ago...and how would that explain the longer more unsettling videos?

meh! as intriguing as it is I don't think the true nature of it will ever be understood.

I am putting it right into my "unexplained but tantalising" file !

Can you link some of the longer and unsettling videos please?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
this two videos seem to stick out - "lock" and "delock"
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

not sure how to embed correctly ... sorry !

edit : flashing lights and creepy sounds warning

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Ewww, I don't like them! LOL. I feel like they have sublims in them or are coded messages. Nice post

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jazzy4

agreed- i also did not really watch the videos i posted above- i just skipped through them.creepy stuff

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

What is real cool, is I did an anagram with the name Unfavorable Semi Circle and got "OBAMA LUCIFER CERN EVILS"

But to be fair there are a bunch ways it can turned into other words. I just thought this was unique because it used all the letters and everything is relevant to what is going on today.

Try it for yourself

You'll see it is rather difficult to use all the letters.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Seems to be a code, to me. I don't know how to automate it the way they do, but the info is coming at a rate consistent with trying to send info. Way cool. A little scary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join