It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer Society Deleting Posts On Cancer and Diet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnarchoCapitalist

originally posted by: Psychonautics

originally posted by: GoShredAK

doctors have warned

Shocking.....

I'm going to go out on a limb and call the Article total BS.

There is plenty protein to be had outside of animal flesh.

Yep, you're right, just another conspiracy to keep all us cancer sheep coming in for chemo!

Veganism will not cure cancer. Do we need to start posting links to articles and obituaries covering life long vegans who died of cancer?

They won't be peer reviewed....

You're right, veganism will not always cure or reverse all types of cancer. However, if you read that UCSF article, you'll see that cancer progression is almost always slowed substantially by such a diet. Further, in the particular case of prostate cancer, we can see a dramatic reduction in the risk of acquiring prostate cancer by eating a vegan diet.

So what's your point? We shouldn't tell people about it?

My point was just to say I agreed with the sites moderation, and I think it's a fine line you walk with the language you used. Now that you say a vegan diet helps SLOWS PROGRESSION, and can reduce the risk of getting prostate cancer, it's acceptable. I can totally get behind that.

When you come flying out of the gate using language like REVERSE and HALT, it paints a different picture.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

I honestly see everything their way on this one.

The forum is for people dealingwith cancer, and while informative, your posts did SCREAM;

Hey go vegan it will cure your cancer click here now to reverse your life!

I can see how that could be a problem and even borderline insulting to some people.

Why? The cancer should offend them, not the potential cure.

OP and others like them are stepping up and doing humanity a service. Sorry folks you might have to cut down on the bacon......don't shoot me.

c'mon....do you think cancer survivors or people with cancer are so stupid that they HAVEN'T researched or been told about dietary affects on their health?...do you think their doctors haven't given them this information?....I've had 3 heart attacks, and I'm a diabetic, diet has always, always, been in the forefront of any doctor that has treated me, regardless of it being my cardiologist or primary.....

Most doctors receive virtually no nutrition training during medical school, and those that do get a very limited amount, totaling no more than 25 hours of total training on nutrition throughout their entire schooling. Out of a 106 medical schools surveyed, only 32 required a course on nutrition prior to graduation.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Most doctors eat a terrible diet, and give terrible dietary advice as a result. It's like a doctor who smokes telling you to quit smoking. Who's going to listen to them? Very few oncologists discuss the role of diet and cancer progression. The role of diet in heart disease is far more well known. Most men who get prostate cancer are old and are not familiar with how to do proper research on the internet.

edit on 2/23/2016 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

doctors have warned

Shocking.....

Yep, you're right, just another conspiracy to keep all us cancer sheep coming in for chemo!

Veganism will not cure cancer. Do we need to start posting links to articles and obituaries covering life long vegans who died of cancer?

Oh Dang it. I said I was leaving but I actually believe There Is a conspiracy.

They want us cancer sheep to get cancer through poor Mainstream diet, and they actually want us to go in to chemo.

What they don't want is us sheep to be aware of how food affects us, and take our health Into our own hands.

A perpetually sick, conforming worker drone who dies off early will cause less trouble for the system. A strong, Independent healthy person who can think very clearly may be a threat.......

Ugh.....alright, load your flamethrowers lol, I am ready.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnarchoCapitalist

doctors have warned

Shocking.....

You're right, veganism will not always cure or reverse all types of cancer. However, if you read that UCSF article, you'll see that cancer progression is almost always slowed substantially by such a diet. Further, in the particular case of prostate cancer, we can see a dramatic reduction in the risk of acquiring prostate cancer by eating a vegan diet.

So what's your point? We shouldn't tell people about it?

My point was just to say I agreed with the sites moderation, and I think it's a fine line you walk with the language you used. Now that you say a vegan diet helps SLOWS PROGRESSION, and can reduce the risk of getting prostate cancer, it's acceptable. I can totally get behind that.

When you come flying out of the gate using language like REVERSE and HALT, it paints a different picture.

In the case of Ornish, it REVERSED PROGRESSION - not slow - reversed.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

doctors have warned

Shocking.....

They want us cancer sheep to get cancer through poor Mainstream diet, and they actually want us to go in to chemo.

What they don't want is us sheep to be aware of how food affects us, and take our health Into our own hands.

A perpetually sick, conforming worker drone who dies off early will cause less trouble for the system. A strong, Independent healthy person who can think very clearly may be a threat.......

Lol hey we're all here on this conspiracy site, not going to flame you.

I do believe in big brother and them wanting control, I think the difference between me and almost every other conspiracy forum member is I don't think they want to kill us.

I say they want to keep us all alive and sedentary and milk us as long as possible.

Not sheep, big, fat, old cows

edit on 23-2-2016 by Psychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20406531]GoShredAK[/post

c'mon....do you think cancer survivors or people with cancer are so stupid that they HAVEN'T researched or been told about dietary affects on their health?...do you think their doctors haven't given them this information?....I've had 3 heart attacks, and I'm a diabetic, diet has always, always, been in the forefront of any doctor that has treated me, regardless of it being my cardiologist or primary.....

The majority do not. The doctors give no advice. Even the patients that do, come into Chemo talking about how they have given up sugar and all the bad stuff, and then a family member comes in with donuts, etc which they immediately gulp down. Most people will justify anything to not have to take full control of themselves and in this case, their diet.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

doctors have warned

Shocking.....

Lol hey we're all here on this conspiracy site, not going to flame you.

I do believe in big brother and them wanting control, I think the difference between me and almost every other conspiracy forum member is I don't think they want to kill us.

I say they want to keep us all alive and sedentary and milk us as long as possible.

Not sheep, big, fat, old cows

Well then, it appears we have found ourselves on the same page somehow lol

Well said.

That was refreshing and unexpected.

Cows Is more like it.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Basic common sense would tell you that eating anything processed with artificial chemicals is going to be bad for you.

Even natural foods can be harmful if taken in excess; anything with lots of oils and fats.

Green and vegetables are important; peas, lettuce, cucumber, broccoli, brussel sprouts. They're known to help break down toxins and help purge them from the body. The more greens the better. Then natural fruits with Vitamin C and others.
Cucumber is alkali and helps reduce stomach acid.

Though, a small amount of malt vinegar seems to help keep bacteria down.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I honestly see everything their way on this one.

The forum is for people dealingwith cancer, and while informative, your posts did SCREAM;

Hey go vegan it will cure your cancer click here now to reverse your life!

I can see how that could be a problem and even borderline insulting to some people.

Why? The cancer should offend them, not the potential cure.

OP and others like them are stepping up and doing humanity a service. Sorry folks you might have to cut down on the bacon......don't shoot me.

c'mon....do you think cancer survivors or people with cancer are so stupid that they HAVEN'T researched or been told about dietary affects on their health?...do you think their doctors haven't given them this information?......

Not always, but yes, that is exactly what I think. You must have a good doctor. Also people can be pretty foolish and stubborn.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ill explain.

My diet was once terrible, I gave nutrition zero thought, nor did I consider exercise.

I developed a panic disorder, hypertension, and heart palpitations.

I sought help from many different doctors in a few different towns and states. I have been given high blood pressure meds (made palpitations worse, don't take it) benzos (stole a large chapter of my life and put me through hell, don't take them) antidepressants (see benzos, don't take them)

Not once did a doctor suggest diet or exercise, not once.

What did I figure out on my own? Healthy diet and exercise cured it all!

Maybe if I had cancer maybe I would hear different but I have every reason to think not.

edit on 23-2-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist

Thanks for this, I haven't come across this study before. My Grandad in law has prostate cancer but he is 90 so I can't imagine he will be convinced to go vegan at this stage of the game (although he is very inquisitive about mine and other half's vegan diet), but he does keep active and is responding well to treatment. I did notice that he has been told to consume lots of full fat dairy though, as was my uncle who had blood cancer.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Ill explain.

My diet was once terrible, I gave nutrition zero thought, nor did I consider exercise.

I sought help from many different doctors in a few different towns and states. I have been given high blood pressure meds (made palpitations worse, don't take it) benzos (stole a large chapter of my life and put me through hell, don't take them) antidepressants (see benzos, don't take them)

Maybe if I had cancer maybe I would here different but I have every reason to think not.

This drives me mad, they seem to prefer to mask the problem with drugs which may cause more problems than try to identify the cause. I am not anti-drugs but I feel that often there is a better way of tackling an issue though diet/exercise/lifestyle.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

I'm not suggesting anything, but I just wouldn't feel right if I don't share that my grandfather reversed the beginning stage of prostrate cancer by drinking chaga tea everyday in his coffee. That's all he changed.

Not a miracle, maybe not prone to be consistent, but it happened.

He harvests it himself in Maine.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scouse100

Ill explain.

Maybe if I had cancer maybe I would here different but I have every reason to think not.

This drives me mad, they seem to prefer to mask the problem with drugs which may cause more problems than try to identify the cause. I am not anti-drugs but I feel that often there is a better way of tackling an issue though diet/exercise/lifestyle.

No kidding my friend. Medicine has its place sure, some of it.

You're absolutely right, lifestyle change should be the first step to curing most ailments. We like our instant gratification though.
edit on 23-2-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
You posted great information on a board where they are selling cancer. This board is for people with cancer or their survivors.

This disease will NEVER be fully cured.

If it were cured, then the American Cancer Society would no longer exist, unemploying a ton of people. Including the people who run the site.

Follow the money.

Hey, start up your own website!!

This domain is available as of 6 seconds ago..

ineedtocurecancer.com

M

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Thanks for your post here, it's useful and interesting information. I can definitely see why they didn't want it posted on that other site though. Imagine if they let everyone who wanted to share information they thought was helpful, etc. It would just be a breeding ground for postings of the "try this, it works!" kind of stuff that people with cancer already deal with constantly in their lives and during their battle with cancer. It's simply not what that site is for, nor what their membership wants.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Thanks for your post here, it's useful and interesting information. I can definitely see why they didn't want it posted on that other site though. Imagine if they let everyone who wanted to share information they thought was helpful, etc. It would just be a breeding ground for postings of the "try this, it works!" kind of stuff that people with cancer already deal with constantly in their lives and during their battle with cancer. It's simply not what that site is for, nor what their membership wants.

So you're against posting peer reviewed medical journal studies on cancer sites that show a reversal of cancer because some people might post random nonsense cures? How are the two even remotely related?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

because you jumped right in with links and websites and shared nothing about how cancer has affected you.

See you're not allowed to play unless you follow their rules...sounds like Big Pharma propaganda to me...good on you for being persistent

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

What sort of person goes around posting dubious claims (an exploratory study from OVER 10 YEARS AGO WITH NO CONCLUSIVE FOLLOWUP) about allegedly curing cancer on a site for fricking cancer suffers?

A terrible, narcissistic person only concerned with their own agenda and feelings, that's who.

You are not a healthcare professional. You are not in a position to be giving dangerous, unsolicited medical advice to cancer patients on a cancer support forum. Period.

No wonder they were deleting your posts.

You have a history of making wild, foolish claims. Got rich off your crazy "turning beer bottles into gold" scam yet? Didn't think so.
edit on 23-2-2016 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

vegan eating plan which removes dairy and animal protein from the diet is highly likely to lead to insufficient oral intake of protein and will further exacerbate muscle loss

Well you gotta have something to vomit up with all that chemo.

2.3% increase in survival rate thanks to chemo - WOW!

www.chrisbeatcancer.com...

A groundbreaking 14 year study was published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology in December 2004 called “The Contribution of Cytotoxic Chemotherapy to 5-year Survival in Adult Malignancies”.
Researchers at the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Northern Sydney Cancer Centre studied the 5-year survival rates of chemotherapy on 22 types of cancers in the US and Australia.
They studied 154,971 Americans and Australians with cancer, age 20 and older, that were treated with conventional treatments, including chemotherapy.
Only 3,306 had survival that could be credited to chemotherapy.
Study Results: “The overall contribution of curative and adjuvant cytotoxic chemotherapy to 5-year survival in adults was estimated to be 2.3% in Australia and 2.1 % in The USA”
Study Conclusion: “As the 5-year survival rate in Australia is now over 60%,

it is clear that cytotoxic chemotherapy only makes a minor contribution to cancer survival. To justify the continued funding and availability of drugs used in cytotoxic chemotherapy, a rigorous evaluation of the cost-effectiveness and impact on quality of life is urgently required.”

The fact that chemo only contributes on average about 2% to the overall survival rate is very alarming, and probably something your doctors didn’t tell you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join