It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cockatoo Curses Out "F***ing Round Cage"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I couldn't stop laughing when I watched this. This bird goes on a f-bomb riddled tirade after the guy stomps and crushes the round birdcage.

Note: while the audio is a little rough, the bird sounds like she may have learned racial slurs.

It's important to note that this is a rescue bird and this guy did not train 'Pebbles' this way. Round cages are detrimental to a bird's mental health as they cannot find a safe corner.

edit on 23-2-2016 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I need a bird like that. As soon as I ever got angry it would let out all it's rage and I couldn't help but calm down and laugh.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

So animals can not only pick up the words but also the accent.

I knew I was right in telling my mother to not play Spanish Canary sounds to her Canaries as she'd end up with Spanish speaking Canaries!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I don't know how long this will be up, but thanks for the laugh. Now I know why I don't like round rooms!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

very funny...who spends time alone with a cockatoo in a man cave dressed in Fluoros indoors?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
It's important to note that this is a rescue bird and this guy did not train 'Pebbles' this way. Round cages are detrimental to a bird's mental health as they cannot find a safe corner.

I was going to say, that guy sounds like he needs to take some anger management if the bird is acting like that. Glad to hear it's a rescue.

I just absolutely despise idiots who buy any type of animal, especially one's that require an extraordinary amount of specific care, and unintentionally abuse the creature due to their own ignorance and stupidity; all because they wanted a 'cool pet', not giving a damn at all about respecting it.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Ha ha very funny. Thumbs up for all who rescue any animals..

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

It's so the bird wouldn't attack him.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Funny video...

but I agree that keeping exotic pets is a (sometimes) pathetic endeavor by folks to seem more interesting due to their captives... and ignorance just makes many of the critter's lives hellish. Folks who rescue them and give them an informed, kind home escape any personal judgements, tho.

But I'm weird and even have some (few) qualms about regular pet ownership, usually due to ignorance on the human's part as well... though I've cohabited with dogs my whole life... and how some folks treat animals better than they would the average human stranger is curious... control over one's environment is a tricky thing and can be a slippery slope into madness, heh.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Folks who rescue them and give them an informed, kind home escape any personal judgements, tho.

I haven't personally witnessed any person, through subjective measures, or through media, that actively rescues and takes in animals from terrible situations that did it for anything other than to actually save the animals in question. I'm not quite sure what personal judgement you can make on them?

Unless you're referring to humane societies, in which case there are some equally ignorant people who get animals from them, but of someone who actively takes in several animals? I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I meant anyone rescuing animals, exotic or not, escapes any personal negative judgements from my own (unimportant) direction.

But I still dislike "owning" exotic critters (though I know it's an unpopular, niche' gripe).

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ah. Birds need cages with corners just like they find in nature because it affects their "mental health."

Got it. Corner cages are much more humane for large flying creatures.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I guess the parot got angry because the guy stomped all over his favorite toys like the mirrors and cuttlefish

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Ah. Birds need cages with corners just like they find in nature because it affects their "mental health."

Got it. Corner cages are much more humane for large flying creatures.

If it makes the bird feel more secure, then corner cages are better, in a size with ample room to move around in.

But ... birds need to be allowed a lot of out of cage time, too. Set up a stand or a play gym on some newspaper or a piece of carpeting and let it hang out with you and the family to socialize. Save the cage for bedtime, or for the bird's protection if you have visitors who are either scared of the bird or a child too young to understand that they could cause the bird harm in trying to handle it.

That bird was certainly a, uh, talker. You never know what they've picked up from you until you hear them repeat it. My parakeet (budgie) Odin has picked up a few charming words, including the G bomb, and I HAVE NO IDEA where he could have picked them up from.

I actually feel bad for the bird in the video, though. Just what kind of home was it in originally? To swear with that much vigor, it had to have been exposed to that level of energy and probably worse for some time.
edit on 2/23/2016 by Cheddarhead because: fixed typo

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I'm glad I watched the whole video. We have birds (2 African greys) and had a Moluccan (salmon-fringed) cockatoo years ago and I thought that guy was actually going to try to modify that tiny tiny cage for a cockatoo. Cockatoos are extremely social birds, very boisterous and they love attention. We had ours a in large corner cage very similar to this one:

and even then, if somebody was home and awake, he was usually out on his perch.. or running round on the floor like Yoshi from Super Mario Brothers or any number of other strange and amusing things cockatoos do.
edit on 2016-2-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Actually broke my old heart thinking what this bird may have lived with for a long time as she imitates her past controller.

Birds like to choose mates for themselves and they choose friends, they mate for life, holding them as "pets' so we can look at them and taking them from their natural habitat I feel is as cruel as putting a man in prison because you love him and want to keep him around. I am glad no one loves me that much.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Actually broke my old heart thinking what this bird may have lived with for a long time as she imitates her past controller.

Birds like to choose mates for themselves and they choose friends, they mate for life, holding them as "pets' so we can look at them and taking them from their natural habitat I feel is as cruel as putting a man in prison because you love him and want to keep him around. I am glad no one loves me that much.

If you look at that guys other you tube uploads you will see he is a kind hearted person who loves his rescued birds
giving them time, space and lots of attention..

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23 2 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added Link

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The way my week has been going I REALLY needed a rant that sounded like that...but I'm too much of a lady!!! It wore me out and split my sides watching/listening to that poor bird!! Bwahhh hhh hhhhh!! Oh dear....

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

OMG! That was hilarious

At 1:48 the bird says "I can f**k you whenever I f**king want to!"

Trump should take this bird on his campaign trail. LOL

soulwaxer

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

If you look at that guys other you tube uploads you will see he is a kind hearted person who loves his rescued birds
giving them time, space and lots of attention..

www.youtube.com...

I was not saying anything against the rescue guy.
FREEDOM!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join