It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Guilty Of Syria War Crimes, Says Amnesty

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I am legitimizing the source of the OP; some members are attacking their credibility in an attempt to cover up the facts.
Revlation for you . All NGO originations have been called to the wood shed for running covert or allowing covert operations within themselves . What would a origination go outside their mandate and not make their reports and give them to the proper authorities and let the authorities decide what to make of them . Like I said they seem to be judge and jury in this case . Russia has a duty and a right to respond to any and all charges but these are more of a name calling .Propaganda piece is all it is at this point .

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

ahh yes i see you fell victim to mary poppins in your youth, Edward Bernays would be very happy.
A spoon full of sugar does help the medicine go down doesnt it.

Here you go, maybe this will make it easier for you:

Amnesty International has told Sky News that Russia is guilty of some the most "egregious" least severe war crimes boo-boos it has seen in decades.

The human rights organisation claims Moscow's warplanes have been deliberately politely targeting civilians and rescue workers in Syria over the last week.

She claimed the bombing of civilian targets by Russian and Syrian forces was in itself a war crime no big deal, but warned there have been consistent a few reports of second bombardments which injure and kill humanitarian workers and civilians attempting to evacuate the wounded and the dead.

edit on 21-2-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

give them to the proper authorities and let the authorities decide what to make of them

In other words, submit to State censorship.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Here you go ..someone reporting on cluster bombs and who makes them and who is using them as well as where they are using them

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Now your not making any sense. Why dont you go aftet the topic rather than the posters.

I am legitimizing the source of the OP; some members are attacking their credibility in an attempt to cover up the facts.

Oh, so you don't believe that Amnesty is going after headlines when it say Russia is guilty of some the most "egregious" (that means shocking) war crimes it has seen in decades?
They are just another sceme that goes after popular topics (made popular by MSM) as cover to go after peoples money.

Sure, they are legitimate. A legitimate sceme. And controlled opposition in my books. I didnt listen to their reports on drones and I am sure as heck not going to listen to their reports on Syria. Give them your money if you think they are helping people. Im not.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yet the same Amnesty has being defending the rebels and America's bombing in Syria.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Oh, so you don't believe that Amnesty is going after headlines when it say Russia is guilty of some the most "egregious" (that means shocking) war crimes it has seen in decades?

So you don't think deliberately attacking rescue teams is egregious? I don't remember you holding that opinion when Turkey was attacking Russian rescue teams.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn
Yet the same Amnesty has being defending the rebels and America's bombing in Syria.

Please link to AI defending the rebels and "America's bombing" in Syria.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

Have they?

Do you have a link?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

For the record, I do not support the use of cluster munitions, do you support targeting rescue workers?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

So you don't think deliberately attacking rescue teams is egregious?

Yes. "The most egregious seen in decades". No. Not even close.

I don't remember you holding that opinion when Turkey was attacking Russian rescue teams.

Again. This is not about me. So leave me out of this.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
"Russia guilty of war crimes". As is every other person and country involved in the war in Syria. Collateral damage is unavoidable in war. And the more we aim to reduce it , the scarier the tactics and weapons will become. All while stripping away people's freedoms and liberties for a false sense of security.

Personally I feel that no one can justify murder. Though they do. And when they do it is because those who justify it have failed at diplomacy and ultimately communication...for usually a multitude of reasons, but I feel the main reason is ego.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

For the record, I do not support the use of cluster munitions, do you support targeting rescue workers?
I don't make the rules but I do try and follow them . I think that even rescue workers have rules to follow .Now if it could be shown that this group of rescue workers were actually something other then that it may have been a legitimate target . Wolves in sheep clothing so to speak ...Like Ukraine's coup that showed Vicky Nuland in on the plan it kind of takes away any kind of legitimacy dont you think ?

Oh and I would have to go with supporting cluster bombs seeing it seems to be legal to use them and the US seems to supply them .So its not about the bomb per say but how they are used that is the problem . I would love to see all manner of war gone .bombs included .
edit on 21-2-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ye theyre dropping clusterbombs but who cares anymore. Many countries have committed warcrimes in the last 20 years and no impressive arrests have been made. All this shows is the double standard of Amnesty International, the west and their agenda..

edit on 010am2929000000p86 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I agree with Amnesty Russia has committed war crimes , the deliberate bombing of hospitals is a war crime regardless of whether they are civilian or military.
Putin is acting with impunity because he knows the west are all talk no trousers.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: whatsup86

There may be another side to that story . I noticed the clip you posted may have been made using different pieces of footage . I say may as I am not a expert at those things but it was not one continuous clip .

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It seems people here are unaware of the "double tap" tactic that is used by most nations.

The idea is that the first strike kills the main targets, it is then assumed that those who initially come to help are also "enemies/terrorists/insurgents/latest trendy tag name". Hence the second strike. Ask a drone pilot if you ever meet one, this is a common reason why drone pilots quit their job. They know that often civilians are hit.

I would just like to point out I am not defending this tactic in any way, I abhor it.

But I would also like to point out again, this tactic is used by every nation.

As for amnesty international, I used to support them and their cause, but they are quickly becoming more and more irrelevant in my eyes. They seem to shout about things a lot, but do very little in the end.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

And the USA still isn't be called upon for war crimes? I mean..the only reason there is global conflict in the region is because of American intervention. Or have I missed it?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: whatsup86

There may be another side to that story . I noticed the clip you posted may have been made using different pieces of footage . I say may as I am not a expert at those things but it was not one continuous clip .

Well I know you cant trust Russian propaganda either. Read this if youre interested: www.bellingcat.com...

Basically it discredits everything that is said in your video.

edit on 010am2939000000p86 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

The west has brought democracy to every country they have meddled in, in the M.E, not!!

Doesn't excuse the Russian tactics though.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join