It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Guilty Of Syria War Crimes, Says Amnesty

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What the hell are you talking about?
When did Russia deliberately bombed a hospital? Blatant lie.

This thread is a joke, and amnesty is a joke as well.

Why are you comparing Russia's intervention in Syria who was called by the legal government with the US illegal actions in Iraq and Afghanistan? They have nothing in common.

edit on 21-2-2016 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

No it doesn't, but clearly the source is biased (and thereby not a proper source). We need both sides of the story. And it still remains true that the American policy of intervention is the root of the problem. The Middle East should have always been a regional conflict.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Yes, those medics hauling away the injured might be up to something nefarious. Thank you for your honesty in supporting cluster bombs.
edit on 21-2-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
its war. war is nothing but crimes. its just that Russians are the only one that ever get called out for it.

if you agree with a war then you have to accept that its not a clean action. if you support killing terrorists you have to accept that civilians are gonna be killed.

so its not even a matter of who committing what crimes. its what team you root for. nothing else.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

No it doesn't, but clearly the source is biased (and thereby not a proper source). We need both sides of the story. And it still remains true that the American policy of intervention is the root of the problem. The Middle East should have always been a regional conflict.

Every source is biased one way or the other, so are we saying that all sources are not proper? That's a bit weak don't you think?

As far as I am concerned, AI are an independent organisation far removed from the political spectrum. Therefore, when they report what is going on, and they must have people on the ground, then I think they are worth listening to.

We have heard the Russian's version. It isn't happening as far as they are concerned.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

What the hell are you talking about?

You know what I'm talking about.

When did Russia deliberately bombed a hospital? Blatant lie.

Russia have been deliberately bombing hospitals since last year , blatantly true.

Why are you comparing Russia's intervention in Syria who was called by the legal government with the US illegal actions in Iraq and Afghanistan?

I'm not.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Could you provide indisputable evidence that the Russians targeted hospitals, with the knowledge they were hospitals and the desire to bomb hospitals?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You should have read my entire reply, that's a bit weak to target the mere beginning of it, don't you think? I'm suggesting bring both the American side, already present, and the Russian side, which is lacking here, to the table. I'd argue that they seem pro-West, but without further research on them I can not argue and bid adieu.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Can you provide indisputable evidence of the Russian claim that no Russian airstrike has killed any civilians ?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: whatsup86

Eliot Higgins (born 1979), who previously used the pseudonym Brown Moses, is a British citizen journalist and blogger, known for using open sources and social media . en.wikipedia.org...

While the man behind the British online investigative group Bellingcat, Eliot Higgins, has been “exposing” Russia’s military missions and alleged propaganda, RT decided to meet the man in person. Apparently, the “expert” preferred to duck and cover. www.rt.com...

15 minutes of fame over? Elliot Higgins, aka Bellingcat, is being debunked all over internet by real experts and scientists redpilltimes.com...

We start with an excellent comment from user “damien” from Moon of Alabama that sums up the ridiculous, and staged, attention the western MSM pays blogger Elliot Higgins, aka Bellingcat…

Charles Wood, an expert in digital images and metadata, takes issue with Higgins’s treatment of image data. A Russian blogger NTV makes similar objections. And a Dutch blogger provides credible evidence that Higgins has himself been faking his key photographs.

In relation to MH17 Russia Insider blogger Byzantium provides an outstanding survey of all the key evidence issues, in the process further discrediting Bellingcat.

The BUK missile system’s manufacturer Almaz-Antey gets into the picture. The company had been the subject of European sanctions over the use of its missile on MH17 and appealed to the European Court of Justice:

On the strength of a technical study of the aircraft damage Almaz-Antey claims MH17 was shot down by a BUK missile of a type not made in Russia since 1999.Almaz-Antey claims the BUK was launched from near the settlement of Zaroschshenskoe, which is in the area where the Russian satellite imagery show a Ukrainian BUK missile launcher present on the day of the tragedy.

Almaz-Antey rules out on technical grounds any possibility of MH17 having been shot down by a BUK missile launched from Snizhnoe, which is the theory favored by those who say MH17 was shot down by the militia.

Meanwhile Higgins has been adopted as an expert by the Atlantic Council and is one of the coauthors of a key anti-Putin report by the Council leadership which was published on May 28. Higgins is described as “a Visiting Research Associate in the Department of War Studies at King’s College London”. The Council also sponsored him on a trip to Ukraine.

You have to ask why this amateur is given this level of political prominence. Blogger Deep Resource identifies some of his backers.

Bellingcat aka Elliot Higgins is nothing more than a simple charlatan. This guys 15 minutes are way over. Let’s move on to the real experts and pros in order to finally uncover the MH17 coverup.

Via Moon of Alabama from a post entitled, “Media’s Beloved “Expert” Eliot Higgins – Wrong Again And Again And Again“…

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

The Russian side is in the source, they are denying it, which you would expect.

The west have committed enough atrocities in the entire region, and we know that. The Russians are doing exactly the same according to Amnesty, an independent organisation.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
When I said the Russian side, I more meant the atrocities of the Americans as well. Though I had bid adieu and would not desire to be caught in a prolonged debate of politics when neither I nor you shall change our stances.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Thank you for your honesty in supporting cluster bombs.
I don't make the rules and don't get to vote one way or another but like I said if they wanted to make all forms of war illegal then they would have my vote .

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

And it still remains true that the American policy of intervention is the root of the problem
I think that the true American foreign policy would be better described as confusion . Intervention is something they can work with after they confuse everybody ..:>)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Can you provide indisputable evidence of the Russian claim that no Russian airstrike has killed any civilians ?

No we cant I think but we know thousands have fled from Aleppo the last few weeks. Aleppo is besieged by SAA, supported by Russian planes. So thats some evidence, then you have pictures: picsurge.com...

Also clusterbombs have been spotted on the Russian base: www.bellingcat.com...

But still no absolute proof ofcourse.

edit on 011am2904000000p86 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Ah yes, the MH-17 Gambit. Nice try, not falling for it.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The confusion is caused by American intervention.

Take the Kurd situation, this is my understanding. Turks don't like Kurds and are moving against them, but Russia will protect the Kurds. So NATO would have to intervene. But the USA also likes the Kurds and Turkey is threatening the USA. What the hell is going on.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hah! I have to laugh. Because my question was whether they actually DESIRED to strike them. Sure they killed civilians. Oh your argument is such poor deflection I do not believe a debate is even possible.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Amnesty International, like Medicins Sans Frontieres, does not take sides. Sorry if the truth hurts.

The truth hurts alright. Where was the clamor during four years of "Assad must go?"

Russia is actually driving the (21 flavor) Insurgency back to Turkey from whence they came, in four months. Unlike the US, they were invited, and unlike the US they are actually working with the Syrian Army, not hiding behind lies to topple the country, as was done to Libya.

Wiki

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

It was never meant for your eyes .We all know what coloured glasses you wear on the board's . It was for those that don't know some stuff about Elliot Higgins and the work that he does . There are lots of reports done on him so anyone interested can start with what I posted and go from there .

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join