It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

He just can't let it go, can he? Talk about a thick skin ..... doesn't he

realise how disliked he is? How little people care about his views.

The people had a referendum, the people voted Brexit ....

and still he pontificates....

A very recent article I came across....

Blair urges Germany to help foil Brexit

Tony Blair stepped up his battle to thwart Brexit yesterday by urging
Germany to do everything possible to stop it
The former PM urged German chancellor Angela Merkle to prevent the
UK from leavingthe EU.
With less than a year to go until the formal Brexit date, Mr Blair warned
"It would be a mistake of historic proportions ... Europe especially Germany
has a lot to lose.
It is in all our interests to maintain barrier free trade across the continent,
and to hold liberal democracies together at a time of authoritarian resurgence.

He added Germany should do what it can to keep the UK in the EU. The most
important thing is to leave the door wide open if the British people decide to
reverse their decision by a vote on the outcome of the negotiations.
He said Germany could play a key role in reversing the decision to quit if it
joined forces with France to push for european reforms that may appeal to
British voters.
Mr Blair said "I very much hope the new German and French governments will
take a leading role in spearheading reform of the EU.

Mrs Merkle has previously described Brexit as *deplorable* but admitted the
EU wanted a close partnership with Britain in the future.

Doesn't he realise he's yesterday's man. The British people don't care

WHAT HE THINKS.

We had a democratic vote and we are out in less than a year.
The sleeping Lion awoke and those who would rather it continue to sleep arn't happy!!

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I don't agree with this because we have already decided to leave and accept the best deal we can get.....

More than half of the UK wants a “people’s vote” on Brexit, says new survey

www.msn.com... =BBoPWjQ

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

People power bro, if it is the case that a majority of people want a vote on the terms of exit then I'll support it every time.
Anything other than that is a dictatorship in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

People power bro, if it is the case that a majority of people want a vote on the terms of exit then I'll support it every time.

I disagree. We had our say already in the referendum. Going back on that referendum is more of a dictatorship, considering we have already voted on it!

Only three circumstances that I will accept another referendum or a vote on the deal, and they are...
1. If the vote on the deal was; Vote 'Yes' = Leave the EU with that deal and Vote 'No' = Leave the EU without a deal.
2. They don't deliver Brexit, including leaving the single market and customs union.
3. We already left the EU and a party got into power on the basis of another EU referendum.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

I disagree. We had our say already in the referendum. Going back on that referendum is more of a dictatorship, considering we have already voted on it!

Only three circumstances that I will accept another referendum or a vote on the deal, and they are...
1. If the vote on the deal was; Vote 'Yes' = Leave the EU with that deal and Vote 'No' = Leave the EU without a deal.
2. They don't deliver Brexit, including leaving the single market and customs union.
3. We already left the EU and a party got into power on the basis of another EU referendum.

Re voting is typical of the EU mentality .....

Keep on voting till we get the answer WE (the EU) want

6 Nov 2013 - When it came to the Treaty of Lisbon there were two Irish referendums. The first, in June 2008, saw the Treaty rejected, but the second, in October 2009, saw the Treaty approved. And this is taken as evidence that if a country votes the "wrong" way,then "Europe" makes them vote again and again until they get the answer they want.

Nuff said!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I must agree. How many referendums do we have until one swings the pendy in favour of, oh lets change our mind and remain then. This is just want the EU wants and it weakens our case!

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Not if a majority of people don't support the exit terms.
Maybe you misunderstand what dictatorship really means.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   
This is to be expected...............EU parasitic dictators

True cost of Brexit divorce bill could rise by £7billion as Tory MPs accuse EU of 'ripping off' Britain

www.msn.com... w5cxn?li=BBoPWjQ

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

They always were going to sting us mate. It's a bit like leaving a gang in my mind.
Be interesting to see how it all pans out, life will roll on for me regardless. I was dirt poor as a kid in a house with no insulation, double glazing, or central heating.

If Britain has a dirt-poor period after Brexit I'll just be poor in an insulated, double glazed home (if I can't afford the gas for my central heating) with a smart phone, laptop, internet, games console etc. I know how to cook cheaply with basic ingredients, and I can sew repairs to clothes if I'm ever that skint to buy even from a charity/thrift store.

Personally I say meh, whatever happens, I can't change any of it, just adapt to my circumstances.

EDIT
As an aside, good job keeping this thread going, I don't read much news about Brexit, but when this thread pops up I always have a look to see what links you post.
edit on 20-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

They always were going to sting us mate. It's a bit like leaving a gang in my mind.
Be interesting to see how it all pans out, life will roll on for me regardless. I was dirt poor as a kid in a house with no insulation, double glazing, or central heating.

If Britain has a dirt-poor period after Brexit I'll just be poor in an insulated, double glazed home (if I can't afford the gas for my central heating) with a smart phone, laptop, internet, games console etc. I know how to cook cheaply with basic ingredients, and I can sew repairs to clothes if I'm ever that skint to buy even from a charity/thrift store.

Personally I say meh, whatever happens, I can't change any of it, just adapt to my circumstances.

EDIT
As an aside, good job keeping this thread going, I don't read much news about Brexit, but when this thread pops up I always have a look to see what links you post.
Thanks for that. Had many complain (remainers) about me doing so saying it was a one member thread. Never mind.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Now I wondered how long this would take to come out

Project Fear's Brexit predictions were wrong by £100 billion, new report says

www.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Nor should she......................I always believed TM was a closet BREXITEER.

PM 'will not backtrack' on leaving customs union

www.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
If I had my way I would send home many non essential EU people and charge EU folk to visit UK.....why not? I no there are many arguments against this.........BUT

Brits could be forced to pay £6 to visit other European countries after Brexit in move to 'protect EU borders'

www.msn.com... s/ar-AAwldap?li=BBoPWjQ

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

If I had my way I would send home many non essential EU people and charge EU folk to visit UK.....why not? I no there are many arguments against this.........BUT

Brits could be forced to pay £6 to visit other European countries after Brexit in move to 'protect EU borders'

I thought the EU believed in 'open' borders?

Didn't Mrs. Merkle say of the refugees ALL are welcome? ....... The Brits will just

have to take on a refugee status?

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I thought the EU believed in 'open' borders?

Didn't Mrs. Merkle say of the refugees ALL are welcome? ....... The Brits will just

have to take on a refugee status?
Only when it suits their agenda!

And now they regret it.

Its a joke!

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Rudd fighting to 'stay in the game' after new row

www.msn.com...

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The famous old "trust me" is a clear sign of desperation. What a mess we are in. BREXIT or TRAITORSEXIT

Theresa May urges public to 'trust me' to deliver Brexit amid increasingly bitter cabinet rows

www.msn.com... jQ

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Mind boggles!

Brexit: UK government to host summit on why other countries should join the EU

uk.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Michael Gove Deals Another Blow To May's 'Flawed' Brexit Customs Plan

uk.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link