It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adding Insult to Murder: Finicum's Family Sent $500 Ambulance Bill

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

If anyone wants to believe our Govt. doesn't act like a gang/mob entity, then I don't know what you're listening to or watching... Essentially, the US Govt. has zero problem acting like this biggest and baddest kid on the block, and now they're not even pretending to be anything but that anymore... Not only will we kill you, in cold blood, on camera, then release to the world that clip and then send a bill to the family... Takes balls to execute just that...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: Flatfish

Thanks for the info to City Hall. May I get the contact info that represents the family, not City Hall?

I'm sure you may.

It can probably be found in the same place I found the Burns city info, on the internets.

Unless the big, bad government has also taken away your right to Internet access, you shouldn't have any problem finding whatever you're looking for.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

originally posted by: lordcomac
Land of the free, my friends.

It might be time to get out.

Get out to where? As FUBAR as everyone is saying America is, is there any other place on the planet that is less f$cked up? Antartica maybe?

I'm still waiting for an answer? Where? I would like to know

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Iceland ? They at least throw the corrupt bankers in jail and we don't hear of any issues with them apart from when eijericelandesename volcano erupts

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Iceland ? They at least throw the corrupt bankers in jail and we don't hear of any issues with them apart from when eijericelandesename volcano erupts

In Iceland, corrupt bankers are treated like criminals, and tried as criminals... Here in the US, corrupt bankers are allowed to use their "get out jail free" cards, which all their political friends have supplied them with...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is Capitalism at it's finest. This is just one small example of how the capitalistic system screws over every person at every opportunity, but you guys never gave a damn until it happened to a self-proclaimed "patriot". I'm still paying on my ambulance bill from October, but it's only bad if it happens to a Tea Partier I guess.

I think this is hilarious, and I love how everybody just assumes he was murdered instead of being shot because he wasn't complying, which obviously he wasn't.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Oh they may need to sell a few more cows, looks like the bills are just coming due.

Oh & before all the uber "patriots" go wonko it's called restitution & thousands of federal prisoners are paying, so no poor old Levoy ain't being singled out.

He has assets, right?, well he forfeited those when he decided to act the fool.

Oregon officials want feds and militants to pay for costly Malheur occupation

www.rawstory.com...

K~

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Terrorists should be billed for the costs of their actions, his family should pick up the charges.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm sure Mr. Finicum's family has other financial concerns that would have priority. If it were me, I'd be putting every dime into private investigators to discover who the FBI agents were, where they live, where their parents live, where their siblings live, where their children catch the bus for school, etc. The ambulance bill would be way down the list.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
I'm sure Mr. Finicum's family has other financial concerns that would have priority. If it were me, I'd be putting every dime into private investigators to discover who the FBI agents were, where they live, where their parents live, where their siblings live, where their children catch the bus for school, etc. The ambulance bill would be way down the list.

Why would you want to know any of those things?

I'm just curious.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Damn I can't even reply there's nothing I can think to say to him that wouldn't be a violation of the T&C & several federal laws.

So just

K~

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Recently, they dropped the ambulance fee from Tamir Rice's family. If Finicum's family fights the charge both legally and through public outrage. it'll probably get dropped too.

Cleveland's mayor and other city officials apologized Thursday for asking for reimbursement from Tamir Rice's family for the medical services he received after he was fatally shot by a police officer.

Cleveland Mayor Apologizes for, Drops Ambulance Charge to Tamir Rice's Estate

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Tamir Rice was a 12 year old child, LaVoy Finicum was a terrorist...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Umm ok? I'm just showing that a family can get the fee dropped if they try.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

If anyone wants to believe our Govt. doesn't act like a gang/mob entity, then I don't know what you're listening to or watching... Essentially, the US Govt. has zero problem acting like this biggest and baddest kid on the block, and now they're not even pretending to be anything but that anymore... Not only will we kill you, in cold blood, on camera, then release to the world that clip and then send a bill to the family... Takes balls to execute just that...

You do understand that the federal government did not bill his family? You do understand how state governments, cities, and localities work?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

This is clearly intimidation and is utterly disrespectful towards the family and their enduring memory of LaVoy - especially considering it was the US governments actions of pre-meditated ambush that lead to them murdering him. It appears to be the US governments way of sending a message that dissidents and vocal anti-government patriots (and their families) that pose a clear and present danger to the establishment will be utterly disrespected all the way to the grave so as to send a clear message to anyone thinking along the same lines that if you mess with the bull you get the horns.

The US government are terrorists in every sense of the word.

You are not American, and you clearly do not understand federalism and the difference between federal government, state governments, and localities.

Moreover, everyone would get billed for the ambulance, everyone. You're somehow convoluting what led up to the need for an ambulance with the fact that the billing is a matter of protocol.
edit on 14-2-2016 by ExNihiloRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I'm just curious.

To perform a citizen's arrest, of course. There's more than enough evidence to have the FBI agents brought in for questioning in the shooting death of Mr. Finicum. Standard police procedure is to check family members when you are trying to locate a suspect.

Hopefully, the agents would be smart enough not to resist arrest or try to pull a Christopher Dorner.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I'm just curious.

To perform a citizen's arrest, of course. There's more than enough evidence to have the FBI agents brought in for questioning in the shooting death of Mr. Finicum. Standard police procedure is to check family members when you are trying to locate a suspect.

Hopefully, the agents would be smart enough not to resist arrest or try to pull a Christopher Dorner.

But why would you need to know where their children catch the bus for school?

It comes across as incredibly sinister...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

But why would you need to know where their children catch the bus for school?

It comes across as incredibly sinister...

It's not uncommon for the police to shadow family members in hopes that they may make contact with a suspect. It's just good police work, right?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

There's more than enough evidence to have the FBI agents brought in for questioning in the shooting death of Mr. Finicum.

There is zero evidence against FBI agents because he was shot by an Oregon state police officer. No wonder so many people believe this criminal was murdered they are totally clueless to facts. This criminal was shot during an act of aggression against the police.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join