It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy trinity dogma is polytheistic.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

Correct as there are some good threads on ATS of the occult symbols .The Cube is another that carries the 666 value as well .

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rasalghul
a reply to: wisvol

Fathet, Son, Holy Spirit. That's 3 persons/separate deities.

Egg shell, egg white, egg yolk. It's still a single egg.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Whenever this subject comes up, it doesn't take long to realize it is a touchy subject for many Christians. For some reason, the very idea is super offensive to some of them.

In every rebuttal I've ever heard on the subject, the same reasoning can be applied to most polytheist religions, as well. Ok, so Christ, YHWH, and the ghost are all parts of the same thing? Well, if I tell a Christian that all the deities in my pantheon are all parts of the same divine will, would they suddenly call me a monotheist? Heck no.

It is a double standard. I do think Christians are monotheists but only in the sense that they believe in the "one true god" which puts it in that globally harmful category of religions along with the other two Abrahamic faiths.

Maybe telling natives to "worship the two true gods" or "worship the one truest god, his son he killed, and the ethereal collection of divine ghost energy" didn't have the same ring to it when they were going on The Crusades.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

That's the best you can do is compare the trinity to an egg?

A shell is not a yoke and neither it the white part a shell.

The have different uses and are made of differet material.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
How about this analogy... H2O...three forms...all H2O. Ice, liquid water, steam.
Also, we as humans are thought to be made up of three parts...body, soul (our mind, will, and emotions), and spirit.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mytquin
How about this analogy... H2O...three forms...all H2O. Ice, liquid water, steam.
Also, we as humans are thought to be made up of three parts...body, soul (our mind, will, and emotions), and spirit.

Nah. It's just an analogy but regardless, Ice isn't liquid or steam, steam is solid or liquid.

Different attributes all created by God. Not Jesus.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The point is, it's all H2O...just as Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and the Father are one...but different attributes.
edit on Feb1629q000000192 by mytquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Elegantly put, sir

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Yeah I have to concur with you OP, I've always found that Christians whom accepted the doctrine of the the holy trinity were polytheist's in denial.
While for those who don't,it's an entirely different theological debate altogether.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

In other words, you are coming into this from an Islamic perspective?

You won't limit God ... but you do.

God does not have to become three separate gods in a trinitarian perspective. I have explained this already, and simply saying that you refuse to believe it could be that way doesn't do anything to convince anyone any more than when an atheist says he or she does not believe in God would convince a believer.

Is there specific evidence that God has to completely divide Himself in order to create Jesus? What about the Holy Spirit? I notice you did not address my question about the Burning Bush in the desert. Did God have to divide Himself in order to manifest and speak to Moses?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

That's the best you can do is compare the trinity to an egg?

A shell is not a yoke and neither it the white part a shell.

The have different uses and are made of differet material.

So? And without the shell, there can be no egg. Without the white or the yolk, there is likewise no egg.

One thing with different parts. This is not a hard concept to grasp.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mytquin
The point is, it's all H2O...just as Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and the Father are one...but different attributes.

The ancient triune goddess concept has never been accepted by Christians as monotheistic. How is it different than the analogies you use for your Christian gods?

I get it, I describe the goddess concept in much the same way but I also acknowledge that I am dealing with separate personalities and deities with various domains and function. I do not fool myself by calling what I believe "monotheism".

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
My Dear Pal....
The Father Is The Master... And The Son Is The Apprentice... And The Holy Spirit (aka Flag) Is The Craft...

War Is The Craft... And The Three Are One And The Same. A-Men.... The Legends Of Our Time.

If You Love Your People... Your God... And Your Woman.... And Your Country.... Then STOP Your Blasphemies And Repent. There Is Much To Do!

FYI: The Above Statement Is A Lie!

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

There is only one God.

Father is God's soul.
Yeshua is God's body.
The Holy Ghost is God's spirit.

1.God's breath is the spirit of God.

1.There is not a thing in heaven or earth that is not made without the body of God -- even in hell, there God is.

1.And the one who measures, speaks, translates, and purposes his will/spirit, thereby manifesting his image/body: That's Father, the soul of God.

Good luck.

edit on 2/14/2016 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

I find your reasoning unconvincing and a little silly, to put it politely. 3=3. The 3 have seperate attributes and are not equal. That's polytheism by definition.

Actually the Son is the Holy Spirit. He is without sin, therfore he is Holy. The Son, Holy Spirit, the Christ and the Light all share the same attributes because they are all names for the same entity.

Jesus - Physical Nature (son of man)
Crhist - Spiritual Nature (son of God) Holy Spirit/Light

The same message is found in the OT, NT and Quran without discrepancy.

edit on 14-2-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

In other words, you are coming into this from an Islamic perspective?

You won't limit God ... but you do.

God does not have to become three separate gods in a trinitarian perspective. I have explained this already, and simply saying that you refuse to believe it could be that way doesn't do anything to convince anyone any more than when an atheist says he or she does not believe in God would convince a believer.

Is there specific evidence that God has to completely divide Himself in order to create Jesus? What about the Holy Spirit? I notice you did not address my question about the Burning Bush in the desert. Did God have to divide Himself in order to manifest and speak to Moses?

I know this wasn't addressed to me but I will answer from a logical perspective.

I believe the prophet Mohammed, who started a religion, to be a more reliable source then the Council of Nicea. The Quran is not opposed to Jesus as the Son of God. The Quran says Jesus is the Messiah, the Word and Spirit from God.

The Hadith says Jesus is not the son of God, but the Hadith is wrong.

Just as the Catholics have non-biblical dogma that includes the trinity, the Muslims have non-quranic dogma that states Jesus is not the Son of God.

All 3 religions are wrong, and all religions were predicted to be wrong in the OT, NT and Quran. We have been lead by military men who believe blood is the way to peace. They don't understand the Scriptures, yet we continue to follow their traditions that separate us.

Acts 5

27 The apostles were brought in and made to appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 28 “We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name,” he said. “Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man’s blood.”

29 Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings! 30 The God of our ancestors raised Jesus from the dead—whom you killed by hanging him on a cross. 31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins. 32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”

33 When they heard this, they were furious and wanted to put them to death. 34 But a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law, who was honored by all the people, stood up in the Sanhedrin and ordered that the men be put outside for a little while.

35 Then he addressed the Sanhedrin: “Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. 36 Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. 37 After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered.

38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail.

39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”

The church keeps fighting against Mohammed whose words have survived for 1400 years. And the Christian Church has not been able to stop Islam, because the Christian Church fights against God and his prophet Mohammed. And the Muslim church fights against the words of their own Messiah.

The Son of God, Jesus Christ

Blood is the way to peace. The blood that leads to peace was spilled 2000 years ago. Blood spilled today simply means more blood spilled tomorrow.
edit on 14-2-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep
One God I agree with, but not 1 God that is also 3. Mystical explanations don't do it for me and if they did:

1. God granted Jesus the power he has, not the other way around.

2. Jesus has a God, the same God we do. Does the Father have a God? They (Father and son) are not equal.

3. Now, under these circumstances when a god is inferior to another and prays to a higher God, it's polytheism.

4. Christianity is a fusion of at least 3 cultures from its inception. Greek, Persian and Hebrew ideas as well as pagan are a part of Christianity. Christmas is a pagan holiday as is Easter. Easter is the English way of saying Ishtar, a pagan goddess. People are celebrating pagan high holidays without even knowing it.

edit on 14-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinocchio
My Dear Pal....
The Father Is The Master... And The Son Is The Apprentice... And The Holy Spirit (aka Flag) Is The Craft...

War Is The Craft... And The Three Are One And The Same. A-Men.... The Legends Of Our Time.

If You Love Your People... Your God... And Your Woman.... And Your Country.... Then STOP Your Blasphemies And Repent. There Is Much To Do!

FYI: The Above Statement Is A Lie!

:

Damn, id of felt stupid if I didn't just realize you weren't serious. I was gonna send a long ass message.
edit on 14-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join