It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy trinity dogma is polytheistic.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

Yup.

Since I'm reading here:

None of what you say makes sense.

I know you said that to starbuck tony and not me, and it's not mine to comment but when I did earlier respond to your saying such things to me it sounded too confrontational.

I disagree with what tony here said.

It does make sense to him though. Do yourself a favour and hold conflicting views without accepting them in a way that enables you to see the value of what ever people say, then they will not refrain from sharing more of their knowledge which occasionally will serve you.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I can see the logic behind the Trinity, 1 being 3. Take light as an example, it is both particle and wave which creates the light we see, light itself being the third aspect created from the wave and particle. The bible talks about God being light as well. 3 in 1.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

I agree with this. In a theology forum, it is more about explaining why you hold a point of view than it will ever be about convincing others they are wrong.

In that spirit, I will further explain that when I used the phrase "flawed human understanding" in my previous post, it was somewhat tongue in cheek. I wasn't explicitly calling your reasoning flawed so much as adopting the tone Allah (or another deity) might use.

However the point stands that you really shouldn't try to measure or quantify the divine through human understanding and rules. To say that a being that created the universe cannot exist in two places or millions or billions simultaneously and be large/great enough to encompass that is a little strange.

To me, it makes more sense to simply say that you don't believe He exists in the first place than to try to rationalize Him into a box created by what you will allow yourself to believe.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

He even prayed to God, something an equal God wouldn't be required to do, he could just answer his own prayers.

Yah, how does someone give birth to their own self.

Oh its god, he can confuse the hell out of everyone as he pleases.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Jesus was never shy about his inferiority to the Father, his God, who is also the God of christianity. He even prayed to God, something an equal God wouldn't be required to do, he could just answer his own prayers. Jesus is not omniscient and only has power that was bestowed upon him by the one true God.

Jesus had a specific job which was to show us how to live and conduct ourselves before God.

We cannot live like God because we are not God, or even invested with as much of the divine as He was.

So Jesus lived like a man, prayed like we all need to, acted in all ways like we ought. He was a living demonstration of what we should strive to be as humans, not as God. It would have served nothing for Him to walk as a God among us. God had already tried that in several variations across the Old Testament and given the Law which also did not work.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ya
Rather than understand and accept others have a different opinion

You have to rant and carry on

You might need to get some help, ats is a community, try and accept others views, it's maturity

edit on 14-2-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: Rasalghul
Thoughts?

I'm hungry.

I'm going to get some popcorn.

You are an atheist, you can't help but get involved in any way possible

Regardless of his personal beliefs, his opinions are just as valid as yours.

Sure, his post doesn't add much to the conversation, but just because he's allegedly atheist doesn't mean he can't get involved in these things.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Thoughts?

I'm hungry.

Sure, his post doesn't add much to the conversation, but just because he's allegedly atheist doesn't mean he can't get involved in these things.

Funny thing is, I'm not actually an athiest.

Just because I am a scientist and have found no proof of God doesn't automatically make me an athiest either.

edit on 142314/2/1616 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

To me, it makes more sense to simply say that you don't believe He exists in the first place than to try to rationalize Him into a box created by what you will allow yourself to believe.

Wonderful

I think believers are those who attempt to solve the mysteries of philosophy (some say the Art) and in so doing may end up with idiosyncrasy deemed ridiculous by others.
What to believe exactly is subject to much thought, and the basis for all good intentioned proselytism.
The price for it is large groups of people who are taught bull# by the adversary.

I'm just having a jolly old laugh picturing Pat Robertson announcing on television some false prophecy and getting paid, then buying doughnuts. It's sad and it's also funny.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I don't want to play this game
edit on 14-2-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

God cannot be leashed or contained or owned being the ultimate power force. As humankind we can ask God for consultation and form a relationship that is obviously different from people having relationships with other people.

Christ Jesus prayed to God to teach people to consult God because people cannot trust other people to be their consultants. Christ Jesus also prayed to God to show people that God is loving, forgiving and merciful. Christ Jesus taught people that the 10 Commandments could not be followed by the masses of offspring of those raised in generations of sin with their fathers and mothers before them being willfully sinful or mislead to be sinful or ignorant of sin or purposefully put in positions to act sinful for survival's sake; generations of this. Those who think they are following the 10 Commandments in this current generation are not because it is impossible to follow them flawlessly with all the variables that have accumulated over the generations. So Christ Jesus taught new commandments, Love God, neighbor and self which overrode the 10 Commandments. Christ Jesus taught others to be merciful and forgive each other as people pursued these new commandments but found it difficult when others were cruel to them or they discovered their love was misplaced or presented in the wrong way; with love and mercy they could try again with another route. This allowed the followers to persevere.

The new commandments have allowed humankind to make it this far and why the world and people are not destroyed.

The cross has four points to it. The top is the Holy Spirit, Father to the right and Mother to the left and their offspring, sons and daughters on the bottom which is presented to God being all powerful, most powerful.

The trinity in a cross form is Mother being represented in the action of making the sign of the cross on one's body, Father being top of head, Son being bottom, womb, and Holy Spirit as the outstretched points on left right shoulder representing indwelling in the body of the Mother, thinking of the Father, creating Son, Christ Jesus. That can't be any more perfect. It represents the power of God with Christ.

Christ Jesus is at the side of God. No one can be God, which is what God has always been trying to say.

edit on 14-2-2016 by WhiteWingedMonolith because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'm not entirely sure whether or not the trinity constitutes polytheism, but i do know that it doesn't make sense for Christians to worship the way they currently do.

Jesus was a Jew who led a Jewish sect of second temple Judaism. This sect were the early Christians, and they were very much Jewish. They adhered to Jewish practices and believed what many others in Israel believed. One major difference between them and other Jewish sects is that they believed Jesus to be the Messiah, where others did not. Strict Jewish practices remained after the death of Jesus, when his brother James led the Jerusalem Church. It was only after Paul attended the Jerusalem conferences and convinced the others to listen to him did Jesus' sect of Judaism open up and ultimately become what it is today.

If Christians want to worship as Jesus did, they should really be trying to practice Judaism as it was in the second temple period. Unfortunately, that Judaism no longer exists, and Christianity has been perverted throughout its 2000 year history. That said, if Christianity never opened up the way it did, it would be an extinct religion today.

edit on 14-2-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Thoughts?

I'm hungry.

Funny thing is, I'm not actually an athiest.

Just because I am a scientist and have found no proof of God doesn't automatically make me an athiest either.

That's why i said 'allegedly'.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
One of the biggest clues is to look at which groups reject the Trinity and which do not.

The Trinity has become the main doctrine that all the cult groups attack.

Another confirmation that cults typically share the same beliefs...

Faith Groups that Reject the Trinity

• Muslims
• Mormons
• Jehovah's Witnesses
• Christian Science
• Scientology
• Arians
• Armstrongism
• Christadelphians
• The Way International
• Unification Church

"Another characteristic of all non‑Christian cults is either an inadequate view or outright denial of the Holy Trinity. The biblical doctrine of the Trinity, one God in three Persons, is usually attacked as being pagan or satanic in origin.

The Characteristics of Cults

The trinity is 3 Gods, they are not equal so its polytheism. Pretty simple.

People who preach this doctrine are decievers. You think mentioning the names of some cults is gonna convince anyone? You just propagandized my thread with nonsense. A lot of words you used and still you manage to prove NOTHING. Not following a pagan concept doesn't make you a cult member.

Believing in the trinity does, as it's a pagan concept going back to Nimrod/Semiramis/Tammuz. Trinity believers are pagan polytheists who don't know it yet.
edit on 14-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No, I am explaining yet another point of division between Christianity and Islam. They have the same point of contention. However, they do not argue that Allah could not invest a part of himself into a human if he chose to. They only claim that he never would do so as it is beneath him. Similarly, they believe that he would never allow humans to ever touch the divine as we are that far beneath him which explains away the holy spirit concept.

Allah in Islam is a much more remote and unapproachable deity than the Christian idea of God who can be personally knowable and experienced.

What should offend Muslims is your contention that Allah could not do those things if he didn't want to. For Allah, all things are possible even if he would never do them. Simply put, you are placing limits on him with your flawed human understanding.

Islam actually is closer to what the Messiah and God wanted in the first place. They have a more accurate theology.

Allah/God CAN do whatever he wants, he never instituted the pagan concept he loathes called the trinity buy polytheist christians.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Dr. Micheal Heiser shows that the OT jews were no unfamiliar with the God head having 2 parts and so when the New testament expanded that concept to actually having 3 parts to be more precise it was easy for the Jewish Monotheistic God to have this strange attribute that later developed into the Trinity .

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Jesus was a Jew who led a Jewish sect of second temple Judaism. This sect were the early Christians, and they were very much Jewish. They adhered to Jewish practices and believed what many others in Israel believed. One major difference between them and other Jewish sects is that they believed Jesus to be the Messiah, where others did not. Strict Jewish practices remained after the death of Jesus, when his brother James led the Jerusalem Church. It was only after Paul attended the Jerusalem conferences and convinced the others to listen to him did Jesus' sect of Judaism open up and ultimately become what it is today.

Funny that.....

The Hebrew/Jewish God was never expressed as a trinity. It was expressed as 4 fold, YHVH and 5 fold, Elohim, when pluralized.

For example, Ezekiel's vision of God had 4 faces. The Hebrew "meeting tent" embodied within Genesis 1:1, (Beth) is 4 fold, (WORD).

The fact is, there is no such thing as a 3 sided object. It can't exist in our reality. Even God needs a 4th side to intereact with its creation. God's WORD (YHVH) is a 4 sided thing that actually can and does exist, according to Hebrew/Jewish tradition.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

A triangle is a object that has 3 lines . But in flat land that is what it looks like . Multi dimensions can take on parts not seen in flat land .Add another dimension and you get the cube . In 3 D the triangle gains a capacity it could never be in flat land .

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

A "triangle" is NOT an object. A "triangle" only exists on paper. A tetrahedron is the first object that can exist, having 4 sides.

Platonic solid

edit on 14-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
The 2 triangles of the HEX-agram is on top of many other things a symbol for as above, so below. The Greek/Egyptian Hermes/Thoth based principle found in the Our Father as " On earth, as it is in Heaven.

It also represents symbolically 666.

It's where we get the synonym for curse(as in cast a spell) hex. It's THE occult symbol.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join