It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is God and did he really speak to mankind?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
God. Here is a subject people kill over. They will kill you for crossing their belief over a mere professed prophet of him. They will kill you for following your idea of god if their idea of god involves using forks instead of chopsticks.

As a scientist, a physicist, and truth seeker for over 30 years, I have studied all religions and gone beyond this to study the foundations of them preserved in any which way they remain today as evidence.

The first and most important to mention is that all major religions make note of a great event which has come and comes again, as a recurring cycle. This naturally recurring cycle is a flood of energy to encompass all of earth which burns away all that is impure in 6 cycles. Very few know this truth. The ancient Dogon tribe appear to know about the cycles, to say the least. But from a purely scientific point of view, it is much more obvious. I can refer to more than what I have time to post here, but here are some ;
The Samvartaka; a Hindu legend ; tells of a great flood. This is not a literal flood of water based on the account for NOAH, rather a flood of energy which will wipe out the demonic one-world government and or system of control. Read the legend yourself and decide.
In the Qu'ran, "He" (As in God) comes from Sirius. Now, science has proven that Muhammad mixed ancient knowledge with completely wrong and childish theories on certain things; like what the moon is (not a planet) among other things. He professed that god gave him recipes to combat the common cold; yet this was found to be part of an older book made before his time. Keep adding things up and you'll see for yourself how he was a true 'hack' of other's works, but this one about Sirius would be pointless to have been made up.
Cheops has 2 great shafts which pointed to Orion and Sirius, btw.

Christianity , best read online at jw.org for most original translations from original languages (don't use the book they give away, it's different and over-interpreted) ; explains the Sirius connection as well, describing it in many ways only a physicist or scientist would understand. Humps on a camels back imply sinewaves. This is something that would seem improbable until you read the entire book of Isiah from a scientific perspective. Isiah 60:6.
Chapter 60 is the peak of this parade of knowledge.
Isiah 21:5; Set the table and arrange the seats! ; if you look on the cave wall in the Dogon tribe cerimony video taped for the first time by an American news crew, what do you see in red? Is it not alike a table with 6 chairs around it? Could it be that the Sirius star system with planets and moons may be arranging into such a geometry? And why would such a geometry be significant to science and or physics?

Simple;
Sirius is deeper into the galaxy arm, and as gravity works, something must keep our solar system from shifting out of the tip of the galaxy arm. As Sirius A enters tight elliptic with our sun, we have that connection once again. That connection will eventually prove to be the force which speeds up earth's core once again (we know it's been slowing, check the proof.) That force will flip earth back to facing a way described even by the Hopi indians (my ancestors) in Hopi legend.

The connections are seemingly endless. The bible more than enough to make this very obvious. DOUG BATCHELOR posted an article on the significance of the 144,000. This is not describing a number "OF" men, rather a number of man, meaning, the pure part of men, which will be instantly removed from his body in an instant during a major event to come without much warning to everyone on earth. The event known as the 'calling' (where 2 sisters will be grinding wheat, one taken, the other left behind).
Well I'm not getting paid to write this so I'm out for now.
If you have negative comments, and I'm sure many of you do, perhaps you will save them until you've done atleast some of your homework.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mrmrmikee

God is everything.
Most importantly, God wouldn't exist if we didn't exist.
We are God

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrmrmikee
As a scientist, a physicist, and truth seeker for over 30 years, I have studied all religions and gone beyond this to study the foundations of them preserved in any which way they remain today as evidence.

If you have studied 'all' religions, then you must also realize that they evolved in the way they exist today from previous religions.

Full Sized Image Here

So your action of correlating various religions to form a connection may simply be the fact that many share a common predecessor

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

God is nothing but the universe, a universe that is both male and female. The water is God’s sperm and the planets are her eggs and the black holes are like periods cleansing the body out.

We are actually in the womb of this God as we speak, we as humans are living on a planet that is actually an egg thats' inside the belly of this universe that is both male and female!

"Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image,

Who is our ?

When humans stop calling God ,him,the father and all the other male chauvinist PIG stuff, then maybe the real sight of what god really is will shine bright one day.

Religions have no balance on this planet you have two men and a spirit with no Woman.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

When do you expect white corn brother to return to humanity with GMO taking over all species? As it is around 99.9% an infection to the world supply?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
God is a concept. and just as real as harry potter.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm sure I've said it before on another thread, but I believe the closest thing to god is 'time' itself

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
God is an Egregore..

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrmrmikee
What is God

The real question is; "What is NOT 'God'?"
(T)Here exists One (unchanging, ALL inclusive) Universal; Existence = the complete Universe = Nature = Reality = Consciousness = Truth = Love = 'Self!' = God = Brahman = Tao = Mind = ... etc....
ALL INCLUSIVE!!
One Omni- Self!
(This is what is experienced in the state of Enlightenment/unconditional Love!)

and did he really speak to mankind?

If the definition of 'Omni-' is applicable, every 'word' is God's/Our word!
Every 'mouth' is Our mouth...
Every 'eye'...
There is not anything 'other than' God/Us!
Every 'scripture' is 'God's Word, as is the Cat in the Hat and Harry Potter! *__-
ALL inclusive!

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Funny how he scientific method and quantum mechanics are offshoots of Christianity, that must burn some people up quite a bit
Not surprised they are classified as a myth or religion though

Star for you for showing everyone that science is a religion

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Hello, Mike

Interesting questions

God is what being is; the cause of spacetime and of the entire game. Older attempts to put in into this alphabet include "God is the word" which imho essentially tries to render the same concept.

Deciding whether or not God did really speak to mankind boils down to trusting the reality of at least one reported instance of such an event. "He" and "speak" seem like shaky ground, linguistically.
Influential people (including American presidents, who may not be the most convincing examples) have claimed to have been spoken to by God.
I would think some accounts bear credibility through their results, much like I give credence to the birth and death of Archimedes, who also did formidable things. Less formidable s'entend. The mandatory singularity of God does much for the opposite side of the argument.

Religions are to God's speech what the Jurassic Park films are to dragons.

Side effects of being spoken to by God may involve pregnancy, instant absolute obedience to otherwise zany orders, simplification of legal systems, and specific behavioural patterns including genital surgery of all male descendants.

edit on 02808v2016Sunday by wisvol because: tricky wordsmithing

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
There may well be a God. The idea that something that powerful and beyond comprehension picks ambassadors, individually micromanages each of our lives, needs to be loved and imposes rules is stupefyingly moronic and primitive.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
As a scientist of 30 years I'm sure you will appreciate me challenging one point, but do you mean that the earth's rotation is slowing? Link

One of only a few people in the world investigating changes in Earth rotation, Dumberry contributed his expertise on Earth's core-mantle coupling to the study. "Over the past 3000 years, the core of the Earth has been speeding up a little, and the mantle-crust on which we stand is slowing down." As a consequence of Earth rotating more slowly, the length of our days is slowly increasing. In fact, a century from now, the length of a day will increase by 1.7 milliseconds. This may not seem like much, but Dumberry notes that this is a cumulative effect that adds up over time.

The speed of the core could be variable

Link

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
isnt there an existing thread you can add this to? Did you have to start a whole new one? oh wait, history forum. does that distinguish this reiteration from the previous hundred? did they not have enough history? seems redundant. either way, bait thread is bait.

edit on 14-2-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Regarding Sirius star system
It would be Sirius B that holds the greatest gravitational pull
It being a companion white dwarf star

The gravity of Sirius B is such that a spoonful of it would weigh as much as an Elephant on Earth

edit on 14-2-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

We are God

Not true ... If God exists is debatable
But if God does exist we are not God
We were created by God and have much to learn if said God exists

Thank God we are not God and beware any who claim to be God

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The answer I usually post to this question;

God is a Creator
God is one who Communicates
God is one who becomes Incarnate

God is a Creator

I see this view as distinct from both Monism and Dualism.

As I understand the difference;
Monism resolves everything to one point of origin.
Dualism resolves everything to two points of origin, distinct and independent.

Creation theory falls short of being genuine Monism, because the created universe is understood as distinct from God.

Creation theory falls short of being genuine Dualism, because the created universe is understood as dependent upon God.

My private theory is that Creation teaching ought to be called "One-and-a-half-ism", but I don't suppose it will catch on.

As far as I can see, this involves the traditional teaching of "ex nihilo" ("out of nothing") Creation.

Because if God is "creating" using pre-existing raw material, then the material is not genuinely dependent upon him- this has become Dualism.

Or if God is producing the material of the universe "out of himself", then the material is not genuinely distinct- this has become Monism.

"Ex nihilo" is the only logical alternative, which is presumably why the teaching was developed in the first place.

God is one who Communicates

This assumption is built into Biblical religion.

In the first place, the Bible is believed to contain examples of communication (as reported, for example, by the prophets).

Furthermore, the Bible is believed to reflect a policy of communication.
It is said that God is using the Bible to "reveal himself", and so Biblical religion used to be described as "revealed religion".

The belief that "God is one who Communicates" links back with the belief that "God is one who Creates".

In the first place, some of the content of the communication points to God as Creator.

The proper Biblical answer to the question "Why do you believe your God made the universe?" is not really "Becasue that's the only way to account for the universe."
The truly Biblical answer is "Because he says he did, and I believe him."

But I think the very act of communication also points to God as a Creator.

Any act of communication necessarily implies a distinction between the communicator and the other party.
I've already said the Biblical understanding of Creation involves a distinction between God and the universe.

An act of communication implies the existence of a "will" in the communicator, or at least some sort of analogy of one.
But the same could be said, surely, of an act of "Creation".

Finally, a God who creates a universe thereby sets up a relationship between himself and the universe.
The effect of communication is to set up a relationship between himself and individuals (or even a group of individuals) within the same universe.

I assume that a purely monistic deity would not be communicating with, or setting up a relationship with, parts of itself.

My point is that
The idea of the God who Creates
and the idea of the God who Communicates
are very akin to one another.

The kind of God who would Create would also be the kind of God who could Communicate.

God is one who becomes Incarnate

I could hardly, really, leave this out of a definition of the Christian God.

The understanding is that the Incarnation is a more direct presence of God within the created universe.

If this is true, it's the ultimate form of Communication, as the author of Hebrews points out;
"God spoke of old to our fathers by the prophets
but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son".

But it's also the ultimate form of "establishing a relationship";

Because the doctrine of the Incarnation is that the Creator and his creation, divinity and humanity, are bound together within the person of the Son.
The bond is understood to be irrevocable.
It's impossible for a relationship to get any closer than that.

Anyone who tries to understand the church's teaching about the Incarnation will discover that it's all about finding the right "balance".

On the one hand, the distinction between the divinity and the humanity must not be exaggerated, to the point that the unity disappears.
O the other hand, the unity between them must not be exaggerated, to the point that the distinction disappears.
The correct position is somewhere halfway between the two extremes.

But this is exactly what I said, at the beginning of this piece, about Creation;
That it occupied a halfway position between Monism and Dualism.

So it seems to me that the "balancing act" which Jehovah's Witnesses love to mock, when it comes in the teaching about the Incarnation, is also inherent in the very doctrine of the Creation itself.

The kind of God who would Create is also the kind of God who could become Incarnate.

I began by naming the Christian God as
The one who Creates
The one who Communicates
The one who becomes Incarnate.

I now suggest that these three ideas are akin to one another.
They belong together, naturally.

Whether you can believe them or not, they all belong to the same kind of God.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

Your intelligence wont bring you to know God. Ask God to direct your path toward Him. Ask God to open your heart to seek His truth, and not your own.

It's the only way to know God.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

The words of Man ... someone who claims to speak for God is a matter of belief

Your intelligence wont bring you to know God. Ask God to direct your path toward Him. Ask God to open your heart to seek His truth, and not your own.

It's the only way to know God.

It depends what you mean by "Intelligence" ... ?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You know, I was thinking about that this morning, how God introduces Himself to the believer. He says: I AM the Lord your God"

Its an introduction to His people. I Am, just like if I were to have a conversation I would say I am Kitana in introducing myself. It is an introduction, something personal. YOUR God, not anyone else's, not something unreachable and unknowable, but personal. YOUR.

Its a huge contrast to a religion like Islam who say La Ilaha Ilallah. NO God but THE God. demanding, not personal, separate, harsh. And it also contradicts reality, as people do worship other things than God, there are, in the human mind, "other" gods. They may be lesser, they may have no power, but this god negates human reality on top of being harsh and demanding and impersonal. There is no truth in that, there is nothing personal in that, just a demand from master to slave, impersonal, uncaring, unknowing of the human condition. Not good.

The personal, introductory God is much more beautiful in nature. That is only found through Christ Jesus.
edit on 14-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join