It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain Has a New Tank.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Sorry mr mystery just grumpy this am...see I changed it.....

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

No problem...part my fault. I come off sarcastic, and dont mean to. We are all Sisters and Brothers here in search of truth!

Peace!

MS
edit on 13-2-2016 by mysterioustranger because: splchkr (damn phone!) :/

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Heres a peak at it.

www.youtube.com...

my bad if youve seen it already.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Tanks are so...20th century.

Old fasioned, lumbering, cumbersome and with the pleothra of very effective anti-tank weaponry out there, it's becoming more and more an expensive metal oven and coffin for it's crews.

Small arms fire is one thing, but anti-tank missiles, DU rounds, and so on and on and on...are quite another altogether.

About time we had enclosed environment personal combat armour / exo-suits, complete with power hydrolics for carrying and speed...not tanks.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

You know that is correct, still as anti tank weaponry evolves so too do tank defence and armour, yes the tank is far more expensive to maintain but it does have a strong psychological impact against an enemy.

That said the tank was originally an anti trench weapon which grew into the replacement for cavalry and in open country warfare when supported by anti air and air support it is still one of the most effective conventional weapon system available.

But like you point out it is a hell of a lot cheaper to develop a (Relatively to the cost of the tank's themselves) cheap anti tank weapon system and keep evolving it as the tank's evolve there own armour.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I prefer going the route of MLRS

Scare the enemy into submission

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I will say that is one hell of a system and very traditional for the russian army, during world war two the Stalin's Organs as the Germans named Katyusha Rocket launcher's actually pounded the German positions in a terrifying rain of death and were an effective area denial weapon as well, more accurate than morters and able to fire at a withering rate they were hell unleashed (a little like carpet bombing but with a ground origin for those munition's).

Of course update it to modern form and you have this beast with far more accurate munitions and indeed a choice of different type's of munition from guided to unguided as well as ground and air capability while still a withering fire rate as well as fantastic range, far greater range than a tank indeed.

Nice one.

edit on 14-2-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Yep I've always been fond of the Katyusha sounds, but the Germans had their own mini version in the form of the Nebelwerfer which the allies nicknamed "Screaming Meemie" and "Moaning Minnie" and the half track mount Panzerwerfer

The Americans had their own version too, the Sherman Calliope, more rockets but the sound sucks on them

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The Tank is going to be here for a long time yet.....
With reactive armour they have gained a new lease o life against anti armour rocketry....
The miniaturization of sensor arrays will evolve into full spectrum combat displays that pinpoint incoming fires accurately and quickly enough for counter fire....
Meanwhile im expecting to see a tank launched..manpads type system evolve for anti air defenses as well.....

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

True but with that come's also the innevitable race to develop new anti tank munition's and weapon system's from updated ground mine's to portable and longer range anti tank devices.

The next step which has probably already taken place at the testing level is true radar and thermo optical camouflage technology's for tank's, the tank weather as a weapon's platform or as a rapid armoured personell carrier varient will indeed be here for the concievable future of warfare and that will be extended with more and more competant autonomous systems as AI takes over from human operators meaning smaller tank's with more diverse ability's.

Still it does all boil down to what we call a tank but I take it as any tracked armoured vehicle capable of offensive combat roles.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
The next step which has probably already taken place at the testing level is true radar and thermo optical camouflage technology's for tank's

It definitely has taken place

SAAB is doing it

And BAE systems did it 5 years a go

Pretty cool tech really

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Uh Huh you beat me to that.....ive seen this demoed perhaps a year ago or so.....
Now im not so sure about thermal tho......?
certainly is a tough one that....considering humans flir up pretty well all by themselves, a tanks is a hot object....
How about a laser anti incoming device with a super computer controller...?
I think aircraft are being fitted with such anti missile devices now....
edit on 14-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join