It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnostic Christianity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Rasalghul

you do not know who gave it. You said yourself you're not a Christian. As far as we know you got it from a demon.

I think christianity in your preferred form is for saps and dullards.

I get it Gnostic christianity is not for you. There are plenty of regular christian topics for you. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Gnostic Christians are not true Christians but those who are puffed up.

edit on 13-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

That's your opinion. And if by puffed up you mean have knowledge, as Paul puts it, thank you.

You are not a real christian.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

puffed up means there will be a fall. the only question is how hard will your fall be.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

puffed up means there will be a fall. the only question is how hard will your fall be.

No puffed up means arrogant. When Paul says this he is talking about how knowing Jesus has supposedly made the Apostles arrogant. "Knowledge puffs up" were his words. Read the whole story and stop telling fables.
edit on 14-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Knowledge puffeth up but charity edifieth. 1Cor 8:1

Arrogance and pride in having knowledge above that of others, which you claim to have in making such threads of your false teachings.

Ps 10:4 The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.
Ps 59:12 For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speak
Pr 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
Pr 16:18 ¶ Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
Mr 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

you childish name calling and arrogance are far from Charitable.

edit on 14-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You seem to be pretty full of yeast yourself. Christians condemning and insulting Christians.....how very Christ like.

Take the log out of your own eye, brother. Eat a little more unleavened bread.

edit on 14-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Knowledge puffeth up but charity edifieth. 1Cor 8:1

Arrogance and pride in having knowledge above that of others, which you claim to have in making such threads of your false teachings.

Ps 10:4 The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.
Ps 59:12 For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speak
Pr 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
Pr 16:18 ¶ Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
Mr 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

you childish name calling and arrogance are far from Charitable.

You are hilarious. I don't care about anything you say or think regarding my beliefs because you can't do a damn thing about it accept say Im going to hell or something else negative. I have a positive attitude, am happy and doing great. You don'tlike my beliefs, I don't care. I have the same rights as everyone else.

So ha!

Oh, and I never claimed, as you say, to have secret knowledge. I have access to the same internet as everyone else and do not have secret knowledge.

Maybe you haven't noticed but I tell people things that are true in my threads and when I learn something I tell everyone.

How is that at all secretive?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I fail to see you or gnosisisfaith/Rasalghul as a Christian seeing he already confessed he was not a Christian. Gnostic are not Christians they existed prior too and after the rise of Christianity. They would be best called Gnostic Religionists because Gnostic take from all religions and view their ideas of god through their knowledge.

My dad was really good at it and he claimed to be a Gnostic.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

hey you were the one who claimed the "Knowledge Puffeth up" was Paul speaking against the Apostles knowledge of Christ. Which was the error the context of it was not about the Apostles but about Christian brethren eating things that were sacrificed to idols.

You don't sound very positive for one who claims to have a positive attitude.

No You don't tell everyone things that are true. You very often are quoting a source you rarely identify and wrap it up as your own opinion and present it as facts but without a shred of evidence to prove it is true. You even fail to present Bible verses to prove the Bible you want to be true.

You have done this in and with all your replies under your myriad of used accounts you created over the last month here on ATS and it is evident who and what you are by your posts even if there is a different user name attached to it.

BTW, I never said you claimed to have secret knowledge, though some who claim gnosticism as their belief system do, I just quoted you from one of your other ATS accounts where you said you had MORE knowledge than others do on the Bible and Christianity because you read all those different books which you claimed to own.

You do still have your Jerusalem Bible don't you? It is an RCC Bible and I find it funny you would think that Bible better than all others when in the other thread you commented against the RCC not being gnostic like you claim to be.
edit on 14-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Gnostic are not Christians they existed prior too and after the rise of Christianity.

You're a real piece of work, making up your own facts.

A Different Way to be Christian
Gnostic Christians

Christian Gnosticism

The Roman Catholic Church tried to vanquish Gnosticism, through murderous campaigns. But the finding of the Nag Hammadi Library has brought Gnosticism back into modern viability. Those texts from the Nag Hammadi Library are Christian texts.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

hey you were the one who claimed the "Knowledge Puffeth up" was Paul speaking against the Apostles knowledge of Christ. Which was the error the context of it was not about the Apostles but about Christian brethren eating things that were sacrificed to idols.

You don't sound very positive for one who claims to have a positive attitude.

No You don't tell everyone things that are true. You very often are quoting a source you rarely identify and wrap it up as your own opinion and present it as facts but without a shred of evidence to prove it is true. You even fail to present Bible verses to prove the Bible you want to be true.

You have done this in and with all your replies under your myriad of used accounts you created over the last month here on ATS and it is evident who and what you are by your posts even if there is a different user name attached to it.

BTW, I never said you claimed to have secret knowledge, though some who claim gnosticism as their belief system do, I just quoted you from one of your other ATS accounts where you said you had MORE knowledge than others do on the Bible and Christianity because you read all those different books which you claimed to own.

You do still have your Jerusalem Bible don't you? It is an RCC Bible and I find it funny you would think that Bible better than all others when in the other thread you commented against the RCC not being gnostic like you claim to be.

I got the knowledge puffs up thing from close examination of the story IN CONTEXT, it wasn't a mystical interpretation, that is what is happening clear as day in scripture.

He also calls them "Apostles of men" showing his jealousy of the 12, is that mystical too?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Wait...hold on....
didn't you make a thread recently with a drawing (that you drew yourself for a class you were teaching) of a "Palestinian house" . claiming that you were some sort of Bible Interpretation Guru Guy?

edit on 2/14/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You are just the worst type of christian, you think you're some righteous dude because you quote the bible all day.

You wouldn't knowledge if you heard it, so I won't waste my time with you. Gnosticism is not secret knowledge, and it never was. I would not personally call myself a christian or a Gnostic, my God is the Holy Spirit. I just enjoy the extra Christian gospels and like discussing them.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

No I didn't make myself out to be anything.

I was trying to help some of you who would have liked too participate in how to observe scripture which started with a lesson in observation with the eyes. The minds eyes do the same thing they picture things as the individual wants to see it not as the Author had intended.

Kind of like you seeing "Bible interpretation Bible Guru". When no claim was made.

True though I have taught the Bible for over 15 years. But that doesn't make me anyone special.
edit on 15-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The word of God should always be used when defending God, Jesus, and their doctrines and doctrines of the church.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

the context of 1 Cor 8:1 . . . knowledge puffeth shows that the Apostles were not found anywhere in the context of chapter 8 where this term is used and how it was used.

1Co 8:1 ¶ Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.
4 ¶ As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
7 ¶ Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.
8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.
9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.
10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;
11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You don't get any recognition from me as of,wait oh yeah, you hive a grain of sand on the beaches worth of knowledge of the bible the beach being the bible.

You don't get no rec.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
· So the demiurge, yhwh/Yaldaboath, the God of Judah is the one who killed a countries worth of first born males, because HE made the Pharaohs heart hard(revoked his free will) and unleashed plagues and after Pharoah agreed to let the Hebrews go he kept revoking his free will and Pharaoh would reneg. What a cruel twisted God.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Then he has Joshua and his soldiers slaughter the land of Canaan down to the animals over a REALLY old curse that was put on the offenders son! And it was Noah who cursed Canaan thats how long ago it was. But Ham was the one that accidentally saw his drunk father naked. Fast forward back to the slaughter of Canaan by Joshua and his soldiers. What an act of barbarism, ordered by a demented god yhwh/yaldaboath
edit on 15-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join