It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnostic Christianity

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to:

Rasalghul But Ham was the one that accidentally saw his drunk father naked.

It wasn't that he just saw him. It was much more than that.

It is said

Ge 9:24 ¶ And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.
Now it is best to recognize the word knew/know/known was a polite way of saying they had carnal knowledge. see theses examples. In them we know what Noah was saying about what Ham did unto him.

Ge 4:1 ¶ And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
Ge 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.
Ge 4:25 ¶ And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, [said she], hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
Ge 19:5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where [are] the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
Ge 19:8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as [is] good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.
Ge 38:26 And Judah acknowledged [them], and said, She hath been more righteous than I; because that I gave her not to Shelah my son. And he knew her again no more.
Mt 1:25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
Lu 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

God's word shows us by comparing spiritual things to spiritual and here we understand that when Noah said he knew what his son had done unto him. It is clear it was a sexual act just like the men in Sodom when they said they wanted to know the men that had came unto the city.

edit on 15-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
So Noah curses Hams son because Ham saw Noah drunk and naked. Hams son Canaan would of course be long dead by the time God decides the proper penalty is to have Joshuas soldiers slaughter every living creature in the land. Maybe take some women as slaves but I don't think they even did that.

Yaldaboath, nice guy right?
edit on 15-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

the curse went to his son because God had already blessed Noah's sons. You would bring a curse on yourself to curse that which God blesses and Noah knew that. And it did not fall directly onto Canaan himself but his descendants.

And as shown above it was not from just seeing his nakedness because Noah himself KNEW what his son had done unto him.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Christianity, and not a lot of people know this is a fusion of Jewish, Persian and Greek knowledge. The Magi or wise men were Zoroastrian thats what they called their holy men. Zoroastrianism is a very old religion but judgement day, angelology, duality vs the Jewish belief that God was responsible for both. Duality was picked up and the Satan got a new image. Now he was responsible for evil.

Hermetic Greek/Egyptian philosophy of as above, so below is present in the our father: On earth, as it is in heaven.

Many pagan concepts too, the trinity is pagan polytheism.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

One can consider Christianity a cult as well. It is a matter of opinion and choice. People can't condemn others for their choice of beliefs.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Yeah, that makes genocide acceptable?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

It's only because God loves you so much!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jazzy4

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Gnosticism was around before Chrsitianity, it it didn't just spring up.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

"Christianity" didn't just spring up either. It existed before the advent of Jesus.

CHRISTIANITY EXISTED BEFORE BIRTH OF JESUS

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

the Christianity of today is not the Anointed/Messianic beliefs pre-Christian era. I am not a Jew or an Israelite I was not saved under th egospel of the Kingdom. I am a Gentile saved under the Gospel of the grace of God and given to Paul.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

So you prefer Paul's legalism to Christ's easy doctrine and think only Jews are saved by Christs kingdom?

I like Jesus better. Paul was a moron.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Wow. Brilliant source and contribution.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You obviously didn't read the link.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Rhasalghul

the curse went to his son because God had already blessed Noah's sons. You would bring a curse on yourself to curse that which God blesses and Noah knew that. And it did not fall directly onto Canaan himself but his descendants.

And as shown above it was not from just seeing his nakedness because Noah himself KNEW what his son had done unto him.

So explain how Canaans descendants deserved to be slaughtered because of this stupidity. Noah was not so righteous after all, it was his curse. Yaldaboath carried it out though, so I don't blame Noah, after all he was drunk.

And Noah was using knew in a nonsexual manner, I don't know how you infer any different. Kinda think you're fibbing with that one.
edit on 16-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The link is wrong. You see once again it is easier to believe men than the preserved words of God as found in the Holy Bible. The Bible records the first time Christian was used.

Ac 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

First means first.

edit on 17-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

The link is wrong.

That's easy to say, but it's an empty statement without any intellectual rebuttal.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I didn't watch the link, but empty rebuttal it was

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Nothing to watch, but plenty to read.

CHRISTIANITY EXISTED BEFORE BIRTH OF JESUS

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I have read the page linked too. I fully disagree because the Bible says, they were first called Christians at Antioch and that was few years after Christ ascended into heaven. I accept God's words over that of men.

No Bible proof that the term Christian or it's doctrine of the gospel of the grace of God was found in effect prior to the calling of Paul.

Now the promise of the Good news of the kingdom to Israel on the other hand which is wrapped up in the messianic prophecies did exist before and the Gospel of the Kingdom was presented by John the Baptist, Jesus Christ and the Apostles up unto the calling of Paul.

But that promise was not for me. For I was estranged from all that

Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
and only now am I brought near but not for the Kingdom but as the Body of Christ

1Co 12:27 ¶ Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

edit on 17-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join