It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if they are not here to help?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

LIFE IS A DREAM

This house known as the body has not been made by anyone in fact!

Dreams are real during the dream-state; even so the body is real when it is experienced as a real substance. The notion of 'I am this body' arises in relation to what is truly a piece of flesh with bones because of a mental predisposition; it is an illusion.

Abandon this illusion.

There are thousands of such bodies which have been brought into being by your thought-force.

When you are asleep and dreaming, you experience a body in the dream. Where does that body arise or exist?

'This is wealth.' 'This is body' and 'This is a nation' - all these are notions (conceptual thoughts). Know this to be a long dream, or a long-standing hallucination, or day-dreaming or wishful thinking.

When, by the grace of God or the Self (both are the same), you attain awakening, you will then see all this clearly.

I remarked that I was born of the mind of the Creator: Even so the world arises in the mind as a notion. In fact, even the Creator is but a notion in the cosmic mind; the world-appearance too, is a notion in the mind.

If a man resolutely seeks the source of the notions... he realizes consciousness; otherwise he experiences the illusory world-appearance again and again. For by continually entertaining notions such as 'This is it', 'This is mine' and 'This is my world', they assume the appearance of substantiality.

The permanency of the world is also an illusion: in the dream-state, what is really a brief moment is experienced by the dreamer as a life-time. In a mirage only the illusory 'water' is seen and not the substratum: Even so, in a state of ignorance one sees only the illusory world-appearance but not the substratum (consciousness).

However, when one has shed that ignorance, the illusory appearance vanishes. Even the man who is normally subject to fear is not afraid of an imaginary tiger; the wise man who knows that this world is nothing but a notion or imagination is unafraid of anything.

When one knows that the world is nothing but the appearance of one's Self (infinite consciousness), of whom need one be afraid? When one's vision is purified by inquiry, one's deluded understanding concerning the world vanishes.

When one realizes that death is inevitable to all, why will he grieve over the death of relatives or the approach of one's own end? When one realizes that everyone is sometimes prosperous and otherwise at other times, why will he be elated or depressed?

When one sees that living beings appear and disappear like ripples on the surface of consciousness, where is the cause for sorrow?

What is true is always true (what exists always exists), and what is unreal is ever unreal; where is the cause for sorrow?

•••Hence, one should not pin one's faith, hopes and aspirations on that which is unreal; for such hope is bondage. O Rama, do thou live in this world without entertaining any hope. What has to be done has to be done, and what is inappropriate should be given up.

Live happily and playfully in this world without considerations of desirable and undesirable. The infinite consciousness alone exists everywhere at all times.

What appears to be is but an appearance. When the appearance is realized as appearance, that which is, is realized.

Either realize 'I am not and these experiences are not mine' or know that 'I am everything' - you will be free from the lure of world-appearance. Both these attitudes are good. You will be freed form attraction and aversion (raga-dvesa).

Whatever there is in the world, in the firmament and in heaven is attained by one who has destroyed the twin forces of attraction and aversion. Whatever the ignorant man does, prompted by these forces, leads him to instant sorrow.

O Rama, for your spiritual awakening I declare again and again that this world-appearance is like a long dream.

Wake-up, wake-up... behold the Self which shines like the sun.

namaste

••• If'n You don't want to read the whole soliloquy.. The point is any ONE who looks outside their own Self for 'Salvation' will be waiting a looooong while...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

possible they could have some type of noninterference policy much as in Star Trek.

That's, supposedly, God's alibi, you know, the Free Will glitch.....

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

You mean the watch them slowly kill each other and fly away policy. ..

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I think there are a few types of "alien" .. just based on our own diversity that we witness daily.

There's possibly the more advanced type of humanoid(ish) traveler, and we'd see different variations and possibly different social protocol regarding contact.

Then, as we see in nature, i speculate much of what we see (and hear recently) are not of the former type but are indigenous to our solar system. As the whale is to the sea. We just happen to be passing on by a more populated part of the system.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

It could be true currently. If there was good civilization here with hi-tech then they could eliminate all negative things whitin days from our world.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
because maybe alien encounters are just a metaphysical phenomenon and the rest is stories. and they arent here. but not say say they arent "here" to help us or not.

Let me explain what a abduction actually is. Its a GOvernment/alien collaborative experiment. The"greys" are what we call Screen memories. When in actuality they are human doctors who th e Actual aliens assit in sending th e screen memory to th e victim

I have a way to verify this claim to be true but it will be 2032 when their presence is revealed when they leave earth orbit before it is proven. "greys " are also used as automatons of the RK break away civilization too. they differ in the fact these "greys" are not sentient and are essentially throw away pilots.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
A ufo guy was on here who said that aliens wouldn't be here to help us. We use our money for war and killing while innocents starve, go homeless, even die. Now that we can space travel to a degree, aliens aren't here to help or save us.

They watch us to keep themselves safe from us. We are so low advanced that we pose a huge threat if we were to go farther out into space. Our war history says we'd take over and destroy any alien planet or group. We do it to our own kind.

Humans are not safe.
Period.
edit on 05pmWed, 10 Feb 2016 15:20:05 -0600Wed, 10 Feb 2016 15:20:05 -0600pm1833 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

what if ............... they are not here .

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
a reply to: data5091
Regarding Star Strek, There is info on Gene Rodenberry about being part of a UFO group
and for people that thinks that our government wouldn't lie to us I suggest you watch all 10 seasons of SG1.

So watch a TV show to gain insight into reality?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

yeah dude im sure all of that is totally true.

i have a differing theory. the greys are from zeta reticuli and want our human soul and thats why they come here and abduct us.

ohh no wait the greys are an autonomous race of AI created by an old civilization that lived on the planet that was where the asteroid belt now is and they help humans on their way to evolution.

ohh wait thats not it the greys are a slave race made by the more advanced races that live in the center of the earth.

who cares.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

yeah dude im sure all of that is totally true.

i have a differing theory. the greys are from zeta reticuli and want our human soul and thats why they come here and abduct us.

ohh no wait the greys are an autonomous race of AI created by an old civilization that lived on the planet that was where the asteroid belt now is and they help humans on their way to evolution.

ohh wait thats not it the greys are a slave race made by the more advanced races that live in the center of the earth.

who cares.

Cant tell if serious or trolling..... As to who cares obviously you do since you replied back amirite?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
A ufo guy was on here who said that aliens wouldn't be here to help us. We use our money for war and killing while innocents starve, go homeless, even die. Now that we can space travel to a degree, aliens aren't here to help or save us.

They watch us to keep themselves safe from us. We are so low advanced that we pose a huge threat if we were to go farther out into space. Our war history says we'd take over and destroy any alien planet or group. We do it to our own kind.

Humans are not safe.
Period.

My thoughts exactly..As a species splintered and fighting amongst themselves we pose no threat to other planets but our own.."IF" the world joined forces and went into space we would create a serious problem to other civilizations.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
My thoughts exactly..As a species splintered and fighting amongst themselves we pose no threat to other planets but our own.."IF" the world joined forces and went into space we would create a serious problem to other civilizations.

I suspect if we were able to suspend our behavior long enough to travel to space as a joint "Earth", we wouldn't run around causing problems for other species.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MinangATS

Your "to serve man" reference made me smile

Well with the amount of people disappearing globally each year,never to found again,not even their remains,that does make one wonder,eh?

I think also,in general,they are not here to help.I think the benevolents stick to a non-interference policy,while the malevolents actually run the world from behind a screen of human puppets.Just my opinion,but when one looks at the state of the world,it does'nt seem so far-fetched.If they feed off human emotion,especially negative emotions and misery,it would make perfect sense as to why the status quo is what it is.

Or maybe human nature being what it is,having this seeming innate desire to have "leaders" among other things,presented an opportunity not to be missed.Who can tell for sure? Just speculation.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Or..maybe they have always been here. Always.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

im totally serious. those are all theories that people hold.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Ok how bout this one. the Actual greys are a previous version of humanity that has hit a evolutionary dead end and are working with our government in exchange for tech to save their offshoot of humanity in actualality.

There has been 4 previous versions on eon mars before Us on earth. And yes they mad ea SG-1 episode about this as well but how better to hide truth than in a fiction show right?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Ok how bout this one. the Actual greys are a previous version of humanity that has hit a evolutionary dead end and are working with our government in exchange for tech to save their offshoot of humanity in actualality.

There has been 4 previous versions on eon mars before Us on earth. And yes they mad ea SG-1 episode about this as well but how better to hide truth than in a fiction show right?

You make sensational claims without proof. 'The 'grays' are a previous version of humanity'? Riiiiight....And now they're working with the U.S. Government to save us all. Okay, thanks for the story.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: leastofthese

originally posted by: yuppa

You make sensational claims without proof. 'The 'grays' are a previous version of humanity'? Riiiiight....And now they're working with the U.S. Government to save us all. Okay, thanks for the story.

Reading comprehension my boy reading comprehension. re read what I said carefully. I said THE GREYS are trying to SAVE THEMSELVES IN EXCHANGE FOR TECH. This is th e second topic ive been trolled by you. I suggest it stop while you are ahead.

Once again I AM NOT here to Prove myself to you.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join