It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of my best friends had to put down one of my best freinds today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
As the title says. My good friend had to bite the bullet and put his beloved Rotty down today.

Cancer in dogs is not something I am used to but that was the way. I went to see her and her owner the other day and she seemed happy, over the weekend she deteriorated however and was put to sleep this afternoon.

MrsNonspecific was supposed to go round and say her goodbye's and help this afternoon but I came down to a broken person wailing and we decided it was better for her to remember her as she was as opposed to what she became.

I have seen a few posts saying that ATS should not have a pets forum lately but can honestly say that most dogs are better than humans and this dumb ass stupid dog was a better friend to me than most members ever have been.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
Sorry about your fur friend. My brother had to put his boxer down a couple years ago for the same thing. It sucks.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Sorry for you loss.

originally posted by: nonspecific
I have seen a few posts saying that ATS should not have a pets forum lately but can honestly say that most dogs are better than humans and this dumb ass stupid dog was a better friend to me than most members ever have been.

This is a ridiculous post if anyone actually said it here..A cat of mine died last year, I posted about it here and people I dont always agree with came on and said comforting words in my time of need..

I cant think of any good reason why their shouldnt be a pets forum here..

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Sorry about your fur friend. My brother had to put his boxer down a couple years ago for the same thing. It sucks.

She was everything you would not want in a dog. soppy as #e and would sit on you for love even though she was 15 stone. Thought she was still a puppy and the way she would slobber on you would make you wretch. For some odd reason she would be happy for you to enter the house but would stand by the door and bark if you tried to leave? I have stayed far longer for her benefit in the past.

Silly as it sounds I will say that I have lost a good friend today and one that will be missed.

She always knew it was going to be a good night when this came along...

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Awwww, so sorry to hear this! It's so sad having to make that decision to let a pet go, but it is in their best interest as we don't wish to see them suffer and lose their quality of life. RIP sweet dog and run free beneath tall trees and along running streams.

Many of us have begged for a pet forum for a long time. Evidently whoever didn't want one doesn't understand how important they are to those of us who do.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Oh, I'm SO sorry! I've had my share of losing my own dogs over the last few years and I know how heartbreaking it can be, even if it's not your pup. They're each beautiful, individual "persons" and personalities that we're fortunate enough to have in our lives. My heart goes out to your friend, and to you and the Mrs.

Rotties are such beautiful and noble dogs.

I hadn't seen any posts about the Pets Forum, but I hope no one is even considering removing it, as it's the only reason I come here many days. It seems to be a 'difficult' time on ATS and in general lately, and the human connection I have found here means a lot to me.

Take care and take one day, one hour at a time.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Sounds like the pup had one of those personalities that seems to ascend what most think of as a canine. I've known a few of those type myself, so all I can say is sorry for the loss, but remember how awesome of a creature she was.

With any luck, your friend will find another companion that you can all make awesome memories with as well...

There's no replacement, but there can anyways be a new friend!

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss Non.

may your buddy RIP-

sincerely RL

"they are not our dogs, We are their Humans"

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I have seen a few posts saying that ATS should not have a pets forum

Everyone has their own idealised ATS I suppose. However I feel, if it bothers them so, there is something they can do, that is if just ignoring it and not engaging in it was too much to do own their own; these people can always click the minus sign under the pets forum posts and it will no longer appear in recent post feed.

Probably more fun to gripe...

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I lost 2 loving golden retrievers, one was to cancer and one was hit by a car. We knew Ginger didn't have much time left so my wife would make her pancakes with syrup every morning. She loved it and waited every morning in the kitchen to get her treat. Sometimes she would bark at my wife if she forgot to make the pancakes in the morning. It was something we had to do for her to make her last days on this earth memorable.

My wife and I have both their pictures framed together with the Rainbow Bridge Poem. We have another golden that has taken their place, but each of them had their own unique loving personality, and antics that made us laugh when we needed a smile on our faces. They truly become part of the family and I can entirely relate to your loss.

If you've never came across the Rainbow Bridge Poem I included it here...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our pets are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; Her eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your dog, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
sorry to hear about this. My neighbor has two Boxers I watch for him when he goes out of town, they are hugely sloppy, but do nothing but love you. And neither have any idea how big they really are. Again, sorry for your loss.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
my fiancee just loves animals,in a 1 bedroom flat we have 4 cats,a rabbit and a chinchilla and i know if it wasn,t for me putting my foot down she would have more,i,m all for saving animals but just wish she realised that you can,t save the world.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

I have lost dogs and cats over the years, 2 cats to cancer.....whoever said ATS shouldn't have a pet forum, should just stay out of it.....we love our pets and they give us so much...we come here for solace when we lose them...share with others....nothing wrong with that!

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I was raised with dogs, they will give you the best and worst of times for a good 10-13 years. They will teach you how to love and always welcome you no matter what you do.. They will protect you and your loved ones.. When i moved to my own place, i never knew how much a dog really offered.. So i adopted one, and i know time will pass fast but i know those years he offers will be the best years of my life..

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Aw s***, reading this post while cutting onions is bad..

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
We put down our mother Rottweiler last year and she is survived by her two girls from the litter. She too died of cancer at age 11 after raising her girls for three years. A misunderstood breed in so many ways. Dogs will protect you out of loyalty and love. They will protect if they sense the need to help. No point in making any animal afraid of strangers if unwarranted.

My girls snore like drunken sailors and their gas may be akin as well unfortunately. But I'm no prince. I am sorry for your loss and I hope a cute pup, or rescue animal of liking follows to make you think often of your past love. They are with us a short time comparatively to our own lives. One can only wish they lived longer lives.

Regards, J

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Sorry Non... I, too, still feel every single one of my girl's passing.. .so much so I can't bring myself to get a new rescue for fear of the loss, as crappy as that is as loving folks need to give decent homes to as many of those incredible beings as possible.

Sucks, though what if we humans died in 10 or 15 years and doggies lived to be a hundred? The poor guys would be inconsolable, pining over their humans for decades... so I'm glad it's this way 'round... somewhat.

Keep an eye out to dreams or a click of claws on floor where nothing can be seen.. . they do visit on occasion when 'gone.'
edit on 2/8/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

top topics

join