It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost every top official in Texas city arrested in federal corruption case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Source

Crystal City's mayor, city manager, mayor pro tempore, one of three current councilmen and a former councilman were all arrested under an indictment obtained by the U.S. attorney's office in San Antonio, a spokesman for the U.S. attorney said.

If only we could get some real investigations across the nation. Or at least get someone to do something about it all.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

You forgot to mention the best part....

and sending city workers to help an illegal gambling operator nicknamed "Mr. T."

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Mr. T, in this case, is Asian.

edit on 2/7/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

That's great news!

Now if we can just get the other 95% of politicians and people in power that are corrupt

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
When I lived in Texas I often wondered...

Why would you spend $225,000.00 or more.

To get a job that paid $25.00 a week ?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This is just the beginning! Those guys that were arrested are going to rat out all the corrupted officials up and down the Rio Grande; and there are plenty of them!!

I wonder why it was the FBI making the bust instead of the Texas Ranger? The Rangers know who all the corrupt people are.
edit on 7-2-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Why has this not occurred at the federal level yet?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

You're a cop, go arrest them....

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Are these people part of ....

Raza Unida Party

??

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

DC would be a real good start. When corruption make the laws, only the corrupt benefit.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Because ET is about the only one with enough power that could stop them

Total power total corruption

Because we all know CIA, NSA are just as corrupted

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
This is just the beginning! Those guys that were arrested are going to rat out all the corrupted officials up and down the Rio Grande; and there are plenty of them!!

I wonder why it was the FBI making the bust instead of the Texas Ranger? The Rangers know who all the corrupt people are.

Corruption is thick around these parts, not just city officials but judges too.

Texas Rangers are staying out of this most likely because this involves federal money to some extent. From the article, the city was about to go bankrupt. I believe cities receive federal funding so that brings up the question.. Where did the money go? And why was the mayor making 200k a year.

edit on 7-2-2016 by PlasticWizard because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Are these people part of ....

Raza Unida Party

??

If it was the late 70s...however, This party doesn't exist anymore. From you're link, They had a reunion in 2012 for "one last goodbye". I live in the area and have never heard of them before.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is what makes me sick...

Corruption is at every level. From the top to the bottom, if there is a buck to be had.

Some A-Hole would figure out a way to cheat the system. Not just politicians either.

Even the friggin Lotto was being rigged. Your odds are already a billion to one.

Your more likely to get double struck by lightning while hanging with Big Foot and ET.

And some jack wagon is rigging the system. What a toilet we have created for ourselves.

So, is this the beginning. Is it a wonder why people want to take their Country back ?

I hope this starts an avalanche of criminal indictments...

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

You're a cop, go arrest them....

Lol.. If I had jurisdiction I would love to. Arrests mean nothing though if the prosecuting attorney opts not to prosecute.

a reply to: Trillium
So much power in such a small glowing finger..
edit on 7-2-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
found a little background information on Jonas,

www.expressnews.com...

it must be nice to be in the political in group!!! that is, of course, till you get caught with you hands in the cookie jar!!1

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Jonas is a self-professed "student of Kabbalah" according to his Twitter feed and a vocal supporter of Israel.

He also seems to be personal friends with, and supporter of, Paul Rusesabagina (whose story is the basis for the movie "Hotel Rwanda") who is trying to become president of Rwanda from what I've gathered.

ETA:

It seems Mr Rusesabagnia had some terror charges brought against him in 2010 for supplying monetary support to the UDF. The really interesting part is that they traced the $$ from San Antonio, Tx.

'We have the dates of transactions made. Money was sent from San Antonio, Texas, and received in different banks in Bujumbura and Dar es Salaam. The people who received this money told us what the money was for', he stated.

source

Just so happens Jonas' San Antonio office was also raided by the FBI in the current investigation. Curious...
edit on 7-2-2016 by quercusrex because: more info

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

this city is unbelievable.....
one office holder is arrested after running from border patrol and getting caught smuggling in illegal immigrants for some extra cash, one is being paid out the wazoo and holding three positions it looks like, and oh, ya, he was also arrested for assaulting some lady as she was walking through a doorway. and this guy is giving kickbacks to other office holders for voting not to remove him from his high paying job as the city attorney....

heck the texas rangers should be there now, taking over the town and arranging for new elections tomorrow and well, hanging around long enough to make sure they are legit and none of these crooks are voted back in...

would love to know if they were all of the same political party, of if they were from both parties....

jonas I do believe is republican but that's the only one I've identified so far...

edit on 7-2-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Gotta love Texas politics. The crooked get rich and the plain folk get bent.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Because they would never arrest themselves, they only care when small fish move in on their action.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join