It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: I'd bring back 'a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

Donald Trump said he would “bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding”, or simulated drowning, at the Republican debate in Manchester, New Hampshire, on Saturday.

His Republican rival Ted Cruz, asked whether the practice notoriously used under the Bush administration during the war on terror was torture, denied it was: “Under the definition of torture, no, it’s not. It is enhanced interrogation ... It does not meet the generally recognized definition of torture.”

But the Texas senator added: “I would not bring it back in any sort of widespread use. And indeed I’d join with Senator [John] McCain in prohibiting line officers from employing it.”

Do we take Trump seriously or is just running his mouth again? Is he not aware that torture didn't get us the intelligence we needed. It only seemed to satisfy those who were performing it because they're twisted. We did a lot more than just water boarding thanks to released CIA documents and nothing came from it but lawsuits and a bad image.

This is why I support no Republican. They're all war mongering, gun ho and I'm done with war. They all make excuses for torture.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
And people complain about chants like death to America when this is what America does to people from abroad.

Why don't they use this technique to gather paedo ring Intel...
Probably because they'd be complicit in the paedosadism exposed.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

So what is your solution?

Diplomacy with political correctness on the top?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Everything that comes out that Mans mouth is torcherous, sad bastard that he most obviously is.

edit on 7-2-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

He's on meet the press saying that now.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: illustratum

What is your solution?

Lowering yourself to the lack of standards of others?

Barbarity?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

What is the difference between water boarding and vaporizing IE: targeted Drone attacks?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

That is just talk, the geneva convention wont allow it. We have declared these things illegal in this country and a president cannot unilaterally do anything. The house and senate would have to approve, and I seriously doubt he could get that, even in a republican controlled house and senate.

Its just talk and he knows he is full of it. But guess what? He got his name in the paper again, say something outrageous, and your name stays in the headlines!

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
That’s how stupid Trump is.

Has he thought out the ramifications of his macho man nonsense?

....That if the US starts openly torturing prisoners what the terrorist will do to captured US prisoners?

Its not only about what is moral and legal but also what will draw down more pain on Americans

Trump is an idiot.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

They're all war mongering, gun ho and I'm done with war.

If that's the case, then why have you spent zero effort on exposing the war crimes of the current administration and on holding it accountable?

It couldn't be that you have a selective sense of morality based on which party is in power, could it?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So what's he going to bring back,the rack ?

He won't be POTUS so there is nothing to worry about

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Trump is a bloviating moron who knows next to nothing about the complexities of the world outside his tiny blinkered outlook. The fact that the US Army prosecuted Japanese officers after World War II for torturing US personnel via waterboarding has probably never occurred to him.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I guess he doesn't know that torture is illegal under United the Nation Conventions. This is what's so ridiculous about Trump. He says things that simply illegal or unrealistic. If he actually did this he would and should be arrested under international law! The republican's talk about going after Clinton and Obama for criminal offenses yet ignored the fact that George Bush and his administration condoned illegal torture.

If we condoned torture, the gates would be opened for our young men and women to be tortured if captured. Sure some countries engage in torture, but what kind of example are civilized countries displaying when they resort to barbaric torture? It ends up justifying torture and more and more countries will resort to using it.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

If I didn't take him seriously, I wouldn't support him. The US, if it is going to successfully fight Islamofascist terrorism, absolutely needs to use EVERY tool they have, including waterboarding and "worse."

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Do you think, that the further we move forward, the more off the wall he will become in his collaboration?

He certainly has become proficient at baiting and luring. He may surprise us and be in the final round. ..

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Drown them with lead instead of water?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: illustratum

Pulling out the PC card already? That was fast, and expected.

Yeah, shocking, I support diplomacy. I'm tired of fighting unjust wars and killing civilians while only inciting terrorism. The war on terror is a joke, like the war on drugs, and thanks to our $14 million a day defense spending we've only created more terrorism and clearly the world is in a much more dangerous position than it was in the 90s.

Trump as commander and chief frightens me.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Both terrible and I support neither. Both only drive people to extremism.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

and he'll be at each one to personally oversee that the torture is carried out without remorse!

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

Don't the republicans control DC now? Election season is upon us and I wonder how they'll fare but with their support a president Trump can do a lot of damage.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join