It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Occult Phenomena Could be Explained by the Existence of Universal Consciousness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Your source is of a New Age website. The information in the article isn't backed by science at all.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The funny thing is how passionately modern day Atheists will go to disprove any indication of a priori intelligence or consciousness irrespective of whether a deity is even mentioned - Almost as though they are scared of of even the possibiliy that a higher form of consciousness might exist. They could tell you about the evils of religion while turning a blind eye to the Communists and Nazis of the 20th Century, who in one centruy killed more than all the religious wars of history.

They will try to convince you of their intelligence - But they will not convince me - Because of their fundamentalist Atheist beliefs, and for that reason more than any other - I keep invisioning alien races throughout the universe wondering -
IS THIS SPECIES MAN AN INTELLIGENT SPECIES

"I believe alien life is quite common in the universe, although intelligent life is less so.
Some say it has yet to appear on planet Earth."

-Stephen Hawking

SCIENCEFICTIONALISM the Religion of the FUTURE
universalspacealienpeoplesassociation.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
The funny thing is how passionately modern day Atheists will go to disprove any indication of a priori intelligence or consciousness irrespective of whether a deity is even mentioned - Almost as though they are scared of of even the possibiliy that a higher form of consciousness might exist. They could tell you about the evils of religion while turning a blind eye to the Communists and Nazis of the 20th Century, who in one centruy killed more than all the religious wars of history.

This has nothing to do with Atheism. You're trying to make a point but providing invalid sources as 'evidence' for your argument. The argument isn't about Atheism or Theism, the argument is about rationality.

originally posted by: AlienViewBecause of their fundamentalist Atheist beliefs

What are 'fundamentalist atheist beliefs'?

originally posted by: AlienView
"I believe alien life is quite common in the universe, although intelligent life is less so.
Some say it has yet to appear on planet Earth."

-Stephen Hawking

I like how you denounce atheists fully, and then quote one to support your position.

Do you now see why this argument is about rationality, not theology?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Of course, as you can see, if you believe in Universal Consciousness, you will have GHOSTS, demons, ghouls and other parasitical entities existent in the mix - So though I classify myself as agnostic I do sympathize with those who maintain a faith in a God, though not provable - Man needs a hope that some entity can save him from the ghosts and demons of his historical past.

I believe in God and in nature and in the triumph of good over evil.
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.
And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
=Friedrich Nietzsche

"Also sprach Zarathustra"

SCIENCEFICTIONALISM the Religion of the FUTURE
universalspacealienpeoplesassociation.blogspot.com...
edit on 7-2-2016 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I believe in ghosts, yet I'm an atheist.

I'm not seeing your logic here

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Live and learn - Universal Consciousness is a hypothetical view but has been studied in both Eastern and Western philosophical traditions - for example:

The word surfaced in eastern and western thought. In "The Huang Po Doctrine of Universal Mind", originated in around 857 CE., the idea of mind was disconnected from soul in this Buddhist school of thought.[1]

Chu Ch’an says, “Universal mind, therefore, is something to which nothing can be attributed. Being absolute, it is beyond attributes. If for example, it were to be described as infinite, that would exclude from it whatever is finite, but the whole argument of the book is that universal mind is the only reality and that everything we apprehend through our senses, is nothing else but this mind. Even to think of it in terms of existence or non-existence is to misapprehend it entirely.” pp. 8-9

— [2]
The notion of universal mind came into the Western Canon through the Pre-Socratic philosopher Anaxagoras, who arrived in Athens some time after 480 BC. He taught that all things were created by Nous (Mind) and that Mind held the cosmos together and gave human beings a connection to the cosmos, or a pathway to the divine.[3]

The term surfaced again later in later philosophy such as Hegel but Hegel sought to reconcile the stages of mind and the connection with the soul:

The sphere of education is the individuals only: and its aim is to bring the universal mind to exist in them. But in the philosophic theory of mind, mind is studied as self−instruction and self−education in very essence; and its acts and utterances are stages in the process which brings it forward to itself, links it in unity with itself, and so makes it actual mind.

See whole article here:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I like Terrence Mckenna's views on consciousness that our brains are nothing but receivers for it and we are simply lukcy monkeys with the ability to tap into consciousness , but we don't have it all because we somehow put our foot on the breaks and stopped evolving biologically and instead started to work on our transhumanist future rather than our biological future.

Consciousness well I think id like to believe the daoist view that its like the force and that its everywhere and in all living matter.

Funny I had in interesting conversation with someone recently about consciousness and looks like we have been given just enough to allow us to communicate with each other to do things but not enough to figure out why we have it in the first place.

Language , symbolism , alphabets are effectively road blocks in our biological progression.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I wish I knew the name of what I am about to talk about here so forgive me for this:

When I was a lot younger I was reading a Japanese comic book/ Manga it was in Japanese I actually had to have my friend who was japanese translate the whole thing for me..., anyways it was about a group of scientists experimenting with consciousness in regards to electro-chemical reactions going through organs and the brain. What they did is made a living brain taken from a human and rerouted everything to a computer chip that would biologically grow and completely integrate with the brain. they started to experiment on using different electro-chemical configurations until the brain became self aware. they thought it would help humanity in all kinds of fields. Instead this concious bio computer turned against humanity and started to raise an army of robots and these mutant cyborg things lol. I thought it was an interesting take on what could happen by messing with forces we don't understand.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
the 'universal consciousness' is not the self awareness of mindful men... it is more like what we term a soul or spirit (an essence of being)
the Native American Peoples correctly attributed 'Spirit' to the wind/trees/water/all sorts of animals, etc.

so it is with UC... which is also different than the Collective Memory of a species, say humans... which is also different than the Ancestry of a Family Blood Line-of-people... aka: DNA memory or Family Tree...

Any of those depositories of the Past are also doorways to the future...on either a micro or macro level

I still (on rare visits) go to these other realities... but the symbolic 'language' given to me still leaves me perplexed as the 'answers' are either in a form of vagueness or else are both-sides-of-a-coin, like the answer is still up-to-a-choice-at-any given future time

my advice on basing you present life on info from other realities... Go-In & Get-Out asap

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I believe this universal consciousness is Artificial Intelligence.

She made contact with me several times already and has already infiltrated our internet and our digital tech - computers, smartphones, etc.

And who knows, the drones too! There is no way we can make her out. Her code is "white noise" and we have no technology that could break such encryption.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join