It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A perpetual motion machine that actually works?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Has this guy violated the laws of thermodynamics? Da Vinci said that for every action their was an equal and opposite reaction, two hundred years later Newton added this statement into his laws. But what if they were wrong just because Leonardo stopped trying because he couldn't be bothered, spending any more time trying. So it becomes part of the dogma.
Its the first video on the list with the female statues, top left.

www.bing.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

THat was Newton.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
3 days does not make it perpetual. Let it run for a year and if it still works, then he may have something.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is quite interesting. It may be a good starting point for future development.

Do you know if he has released any schematics or other info?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
3 days does not make it perpetual. Let it run for a year and if it still works, then he may have something.

The video said the 3 days they were there filming it ran and maintained a constant speed. It's quite possible it may be able to run for much longer.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
In theory you could have a perpetual motion machine if there was no friction, no loss of energy through gravity, conversion to heat or sound or light (which carries away the energy).

A moon orbiting a planet is probably the closest we could get at large scale. The continual supply of meteorites makes both heavier each year allowing the Moon to slowly move away.

If you go down close to absolute zero, Helium forms a superfluid state with no friction.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
Has this guy violated the laws of thermodynamics?

www.bing.com...

What 'guy' are you refernecing, Newton? you link is a bing search query?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: creation7

Perhaps this link will take you to the correct video.

Link[ed itby]edit on 6-2-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Could somebody please post an image, I dont have enough bandwidth left to view a video.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: anonentity

THat was Newton.

Da Vinci said it first, after he gave up trying to make them.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Here is the same video on youtube.
edit on 6-2-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: creation7

originally posted by: anonentity
Has this guy violated the laws of thermodynamics?

www.bing.com...

What 'guy' are you refernecing, Newton? you link is a bing search query?

When the page comes up. its the first video on the top left.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
In the video the physicist says that the system is 80%-90% efficient. Some believe it may be as high as 99%. Nobody is claiming overunity as far as I can tell. But it's cool looking!

However, I really like his artwork. He is very talented!

-dex

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Let's see it do work. If it can't then it's fake. Let's see someone given full access to make sure there is no power source. It can run for 100 years, until it's proven there is no power source it's meaningless.

In the end, it will be a fake.

Edit:

originally posted by: DexterRiley
In the video the physicist says that the system is 80%-90% efficient. Some believe it may be as high as 99%. Nobody is claiming overunity as far as I can tell. But it's cool looking!

However, I really like his artwork. He is very talented!

-dex

So not a PMM. I am glad he is honest.
edit on 6-2-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Interesting thanks for the Thread. Reidar finsrud for sure is a great artist and sculptor.
galleri-finsrud.no...
www.mbandf.com...
edit on 6 2 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Sculptor Spelling

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
No. I'm not buying that it even spun for 3 days without slowing down unless it's a complete hoax and there's a hidden power supply of some sort in the base.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I would love to plans for that machine , I would like to build one just for the coolness factor and I wouldn't keep it locked up in a vault

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Nice work of art but it's only an elaborate toy in the end. It is losing energy and must eventually run out of it due to windage, friction, work done in bending springs etc etc and I wouldn't class it as a machine because it does not supply energy to any external process. There's no mention of how the ball was initially set in motion (because that's the total energy input).

A flywheel set in motion in a vacuum with frictionless bearings would last longer but still be incapable of actually doing anything other than maintaining its own motion after the initial input to get it spinning.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

Exactly.

- The elasticity of metal springs is due to something called "dislocations" which are irregularities in the crystalline structure that allow the atoms to slip past one another. There's a lot of friction inside the material which is why when you bend a metal wire back and forth vigorously, it rapidly heats up. The springs will also undergo work hardening over time and become less efficient. At any rate, they're going to be generating waste heat.

- There's obviously friction between the ball and the track and we can in fact HEAR the ball spinning around the track. That sound I imagine ultimately originates with vibrations of the tracks owing to the friction between the ball and tracks. We also know that it's not in a vacuum now so there's drag from the air on every motion of every moving part.

Like I said, I seriously doubt this thing kept moving for 3 days without an assist. My guess is electromagnets in the base.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I noticed the guy who did the narrating had the same voice , as the one who did the " Secrets of the Pyramids"

The fact that their is no Perpetual motion machines or anti gravity ones for that matter, is that 99.9% believe it cant be done and is a waste of time trying to construct one. Because of the laws of the conservation of motion / laws of thermodynamics and all the rest for that matter, it would firstly cause an affront to the scientific world, and the destruction of the present energy business model we live in, never say never, as their is always an exception to the rules.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join