It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A perpetual motion machine that actually works?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Hence my using the word implies. On ATS it typically means that. I agree with you that it should not. Either way we can agree magnets kills a PPM using them.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: theantediluvian

I noticed the guy who did the narrating had the same voice , as the one who did the " Secrets of the Pyramids"

The fact that their is no Perpetual motion machines or anti gravity ones for that matter, is that 99.9% believe it cant be done and is a waste of time trying to construct one. Because of the laws of the conservation of motion / laws of thermodynamics and all the rest for that matter, it would firstly cause an affront to the scientific world, and the destruction of the present energy business model we live in, never say never, as their is always an exception to the rules.

Laws are made to be broken, Quantum Physics, Nano Shoite and such stuff are in their infancy but some are violating mentioned laws, not massively but enough that the accepted law equations need to be tweaked a little for it to make sense

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Wow, all you guys arguing whether this is "true" perpetual motion or not are really missing the point; the machine is an exceptional piece of work.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Pilgrum

Exactly.

- The elasticity of metal springs is due to something called "dislocations" which are irregularities in the crystalline structure that allow the atoms to slip past one another. There's a lot of friction inside the material which is why when you bend a metal wire back and forth vigorously, it rapidly heats up. The springs will also undergo work hardening over time and become less efficient. At any rate, they're going to be generating waste heat.

- There's obviously friction between the ball and the track and we can in fact HEAR the ball spinning around the track. That sound I imagine ultimately originates with vibrations of the tracks owing to the friction between the ball and tracks. We also know that it's not in a vacuum now so there's drag from the air on every motion of every moving part.

Like I said, I seriously doubt this thing kept moving for 3 days without an assist. My guess is electromagnets in the base.

I'm impressed by your knowledge, but do you really think the inventor went to so much trouble to create and elaborate hoax? The video explains how it works, with magnets and pendulums being utilized to keep the ball in motion. why would there then be a need for hidden electromagnets in the base?
the physicist interviewed in the video says it runs at 80-90% efficiency with some claiming 99%. So not perpetual motion no, but that doesn't mean its a hoax as such, or the device doesn't operate as described.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Perpetual motion is useless anyway as any device like that would have to serve a purpose, the very act of trying to put it to use (Draw energy from it) would make it fail anyway even if it was possible and it is not except in an absolute vaccuum were spinning an object if devoid of friction may mean it will spin for an extremely long time, perpetual maybe or maybe not.
What you want is an over unity device from which more energy is created than is used to start it.

Hmm black hole's with white holes at there centre, ahh well beyond our science but what about black holes created and controlled in order to invert a region of space at there core into a white hole and then preventing the energy from the white hole from coalescing into a time space contiuum, instead drawing that energy off somehow and using it as a power source, over unity get stuffed, mega over unity here we come.

Oh that is right we don't and even if we become a type 5 civilization maybe never will have that level of technology and science but what if.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Perpetual motion devices don't work.Watch "Get This Ultimate survival tool Firekable Bracelet For Free And Possibly Life-Saving Tool." on YouTube
youtu.be...
edit on 7-2-2016 by AlongCamePaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCamePaul

There are ways to not only make perpetual motion machines, but machines that can produce magnificent amounts of energy. I know this because it almost got me killed. Simple fluid dynamics and the controlled release of potential energy almost got me killed.

Sounds believable.

How did it work?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I am being edited, I have to go.
edit on 7-2-2016 by AlongCamePaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
In the video the physicist says that the system is 80%-90% efficient. Some believe it may be as high as 99%. Nobody is claiming overunity as far as I can tell. But it's cool looking!

However, I really like his artwork. He is very talented!

-dex

He said it could well be he never made any concrete claims. He did not present any measurements used to obtain any of the percentages he mentioned most likely ofcourse because none where performed. Ballpark figures is the best you heard mention from the man. The fact that he could go from a possible 80% to 99% is a testament to that. So as long as this is not looked into deep and serious enough in a scientific way and peer reviewed no self respecting scientist should or would claim perpetual motion let alone overunity at this point. But so far this ball is still rolling and if this is a honest case i hope they will look into it further to give a more acurate view on its efficiency.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCamePaul
I am being edited, I have to go.

What the helll lol? ....

I am also quite interested in your proof of this working perpetual motion machine you claim exists or has worked ro how ever it is according to you. But what happened just now, are you suggesting that the MiB edited you or something and now you have to go , you said to much already ? xDD

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I would love to know aswell.

Doubt much will come from it though.
edit on 7-2-2016 by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

He really did not say anything, just made some preposterous claims that he almost got 'blown up'.

Sounds legit.

edit on 7-2-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

For sure : )

I found his last post most amusing though, very X-Files.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AlongCamePaul

Dude, you're editing your own posts.

Worst. Troll. Ever.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

An earlier poster provided this link.

Nobody has been able to explain the high efficiency of 80 to 90 per cent achieved by the sculpture in the 18 years of its existence – not even the artist himself!
I really doubt anyone has actually measured the efficiency. If they have I'd like to see the paper.

The biggest question everyone has concerns the closed base. The video says that there is a large pendulum in there. However, it's the only opaque part of the machine. So, it's possible that there is some type of power source hidden in there.

Now, given that the inventor has had this device running for 18 years, wouldn't it make sense for him to patent his creation and either make money from it, or release the plans into the public domain?

If this thing is anywhere near the efficiency claimed, we could consider this machine a high efficiency engine. While I'm sure the efficiency would decrease once it started doing some work, it should still be more efficient than an internal combustion engine of similar power. If an IC engine is 30% efficient at idle, and this engine is 80%-90% efficient at idle, doesn't it follow that it should maintain its advantage?

Having said that, I would guess that the power of this engine would be somewhat near that of a small model airplane glow plug motor. If that's the case, it would have to scaled up so big that it would take a warehouse to house it just to power a lawnmower.

I'm just doing a bit of armchair theorizing. The only concrete observation that I can comment on is the fact that it is a gorgeous work of art.

-dex

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Apparently the patent offices refuse to consider patents on these type of machines.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Apparently the patent offices refuse to consider patents on these type of machines.
True. But isn't that limitation specifically for Perpetual Motion Machines? If he doesn't call this a PMM, but refers to it as a highly efficient motor, couldn't he get the Patent Offices to examine it?

After all, he never claims it's one of those mystical and illusive PMM's. He basically is claiming it's an 80%-90% efficient machine.

-dex

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
Has this guy violated the laws of thermodynamics?
No, you can't even post a proper link to the youtube video and understanding the laws of thermodynamics is a bit harder than posting a youtube video link.

He says it stops which means it's not perpetual motion:

Finsrud's gadget

"Reidar says the machine does stop on occasions but that this is not on a daily basis.

A perpetual motion machine is one that doesn't stop.

Also I question the claims of 90% efficiency, where is the source of the 90% figure? It sounds like complete nonsense.

With a car you can calculate the exact energy in a gallon of gasoline and how much work the car does, divide the latter by the former and get 25% or so, it's a ratio. I am not seeing any figures for energy in or energy out to create an efficiency number with for this device. Without seeing exactly what's in the base we can't say how it works. But the bottom line is this:

There would appear to be no practical applications of this device in its present mode.

My father has an Atmos clock that runs much longer than Finsrud's machine, it's been running for decades without any maintenance or winding, while Finsrud can't even get his machine to run much more than a month apparently. And at least the clock is useful, it tells time.

edit on 201627 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is the BEST perpetual motion machine on the Net. youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: operayt
This is the BEST perpetual motion machine on the Net. youtu.be...

Will it run for infinity without any need to replace parts or fuel source?

If not then it certainly IS NOT the best perpetual motion machine anywhere.

ETA Should have checked the link. The answer to my question is it will need new magnets as they lose 1% of their force every 100 years. They also erode. Oh, wood erodes too.
edit on 074707/2/1616 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join