It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New European Constitution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

So, the blueprint for the new European Constitution is in place.....including the plan to have a President of Europe.....any thoughts?
[Edited on 13-6-2003 by chebob]

[Edited on 13-6-2003 by chebob]

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 03:15 AM
link   
LEAVING THE EU
" This article is designed to show that the EU is a voluntary association which does not enforce membership. "

That's where I laugh. Anyones remember what happened with Ireland ? First, Ireland said " NIET " to the EU. Then, the pro-EU did a new pro-EU campaign, where they were forgeting to tell to the peoples many many things, and the pro-EU won with something like 50.00009 %.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Can you say. United Nations of Europe?

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The U.K. will not be a part of it.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Nope, thankfully, the UK doesnt really dig getting bossed about by the French or Germans. The European Union is federalization at its worst. Just look at the Euro. How can u leave the union once you have converted your currency?

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
they'll tell ya you can leave, but departure will not be easy. i know from expirience.... but anyway, i think a european union will be good, as long as it doesn't go try to go form a European Army. that will make things look kind of. ummm, ya. it'll definately help the economy if they get the right people in place.

AF1

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
They will eventually forma n army. They are trying to turn Europe into one giant superpower. The question is how effective will it be, and will the members be able to quell their petty disputes or will it dissolve into a bitter mess and possible war. Also, does anyone know if Russia is a part of this.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a democratic federation of free republics or whatever they plan on callin this mess. i think it'll be better protection wise, for all of europe to eliminate all its politcal and geographic boundaries and become one giant nation. i don't see russia playin a large part in it.

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well, as for the UK not being part of it, it would be great, but Tony Blair and Gordon Brown are desperate to join the Euro, and they are the ones who call the shots, so I don't think there is much choice.

As for Russia, I've got no idea.......Russia is a very............hmmmm.......different country, they seem to have their own ideas, but I guess I'm not "educated" enough to take a guess.........who knows.....

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If the United Europe becomes powerful enough, Russia will eventually join.
There is no point sitting on the sidelines because of nationalism when joining could be of greater benefit.

I see the European situation as a bringing together of white nations. For centuries they have been split and they are the ones responsible for the mess that we see in the world today.

By uniting them you have the chance to change things for the better.
But that's only if the guys at the top are clever enough to get on with the job.

The UK will stay on the fence for the moment. It suits everybody to keep us there at the moment.

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think the only people to benifit from the uniting of Europe would be the business/upper class, the "money people". The actual citizens of europe won't get anything

new topics

top topics

join