It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electro-Swing Genre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I somehow stumbled upon this hip... dare I say "jive" genera that has become more and more populated over the past couple of years.

The Genre is called "Electro-Swing" and consists of old-timers swing music with a strong modern tone to it. Ton's of the songs are extremely catchy (even if many are repetitive). I highly suggest taking a listen!

Here's one of my new favorites

This one's quite repetitive, but still amazing!

And here's a huge compilation with tons of different songs

It's definitely not for everyone, but let me know what you think!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Great music, i'm glad i clicked on your suggestions this morning. very catchy and got me in a good mood. i most enjoyed the first clip. love watching those two dance to swing with such an ease.

then i followed the link further and came across this electro swing band called Caravan Palace, easy my favorite at the moment.

they are great as studio musicians and also live on stage

and make great clips

tell me what you think about this modern swing band

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

very good find

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I was raised on my parents old 78 rpm swing collection. Swing was one thing, but jive, well jive, not that was the best. That video above of Cab Calloway, that is a catchy tune, but head over to you tube and check out old Cab doing his stuff live, there are several. Man that cat could swinnnnnnnng.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

This is great! I was in a musical slump. I will listen to this until I fall into another one..

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Dig it daddy-O.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

happy vibes !

top topics

join