It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Lavoy Finicum Tased By OSP Implicates Murder By The Feds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Vector99

Then you need to re-watch your video. In both he states he will not go to a concrete box (prison) and would rather die.

He also said he hoped to live a long and prosperous life with the wind on his face riding his horses. The reporter was essentially playing a game of "Would You Rather".

... but his comments are pretty clear. Sure, he'd rather live out the cowboy fantasies he wrote about ... wind in his face et. al. ... but he also wrote in his book about the main character's successful gunfight against the evil Federal agents ... even twirling his revolver around his finger after having put all of them down.

Too bad life's not more like fiction, I guess. At least for Mr. Finicum.

Amazon Link: "Of Blood and Suffering: Regaining Lost Freedom" by Lavoy Finicum

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Then you need to re-watch your video. In both he states he will not go to a concrete box (prison) and would rather die.

There are also numerous interviews wherein he states that he has no desire to battle the authorities or to lay down his life, clearly and emphatically, with no need for splicing, leading questions, or spin to obtain those answers.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

This investigation is ongoing. They still have militia members holding out. You have 16 people being held on charges and you have deadly forc4ed mixed in.

Due process trumps the public's right to know.

If people would educate themselves on the laws we wouldn't have to keep having this discussion.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

and in the video we are talking about he said the opposite.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Words do not have consequences.

You cannot claim to know the man wanted to die based on something he said in an interview, regarding hypothetical events that never took place, in words he spoke days before anything took place. That is a claim to know the state of mind of the individual, which requires psychic abilities.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

He also said he hoped to live a long and prosperous life with the wind on his face riding his horses. The reporter was essentially playing a game of "Would You Rather".

... but his comments are pretty clear. Sure, he'd rather live out the cowboy fantasies he wrote about ... wind in his face et. al. ... but he also wrote in his book about the main character's successful gunfight against the evil Federal agents ... even twirling his revolver around his finger after having put all of them down.

But just to be clear, you can't actually directly quote any interviews where he actually specifically makes those staements, can you?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Xcathdra

The only evidence in the public realm is the drone footage.

On purpose, any closer look will reveal the truth.

Which in all seriousness people.......there should have been better and closer vid than this let out under the official heading. An Fin drone, like its a combat mission and we are so conditioned to looking at drone vids. Are we to understand there were no dash cams or body cams then......but the feds have a drone on station? Yea right.
edit on 5-2-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

and in the video we are talking about he said the opposite.

I've never seen him quoted as saying that he wanted a battle with the authorities. I see him say that he would rather die than be caged in a spliced interview that was full of leading questions. Doesn't mean he was suicidal or homicidal. Your basing your opinion on the loosest interpretation possible, and despite a wealth of evidence to the contrary.

link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie

originally posted by: Gryphon66

But just to be clear, you can't actually directly quote any interviews where he actually specifically makes those staements, can you?

Interviews are quoted and analyzed above. Repeatedly. Exhaustively. Ad infinitum; ad nauseam even.

Have you read his book? It wasn't bad for an early effort. Too bad he didn't focus on his ranch and his writing more than illegal occupations, evading arrest and charging a police road block with his vehicle, eh?

Tragedy it is, really.

link   
a reply to: TheTory

Words do have consequences as I explained. The moment he made those comments he changed the dynamics pf his situation.

Law Enforcement cant approach an armed man who said hes not going to jail and ask for clarification. The claims are taken at face value.

If a person says they are a navy seal, whether they were or not, will be viewed as a person who was a navy seal.

Words have consequences. Don't believe me?

Walk into an airport and tell people you have a bomb.
Yell fire in a crowded theater.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

You're in denial and you're determined to remain that way.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

This investigation is ongoing. They still have militia members holding out. You have 16 people being held on charges and you have deadly forc4ed mixed in.

If people would educate themselves on the laws we wouldn't have to keep having this discussion.

This isn't exactly true. We have all seen due process sold out in exchange for some early opinion swaying propaganda one way or another.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I understand how the law works, but the FBI decided to release a video, not a FOIA request. They also decided to not include audio in the video they released to the public.

The only thing that could have brought him down in the way he dropped was a gunshot.

The video shown to the public has the impression he was reaching for something.

He clearly had his arms out (not up) after exiting the vehicle.

The main question is, did he reach for a gun, or a gunshot wound. That audio is available somewhere, and the fact it isn't released as of yet leads me to believe foul play.

If you have nothing to hide you throw everything you have to those that inquire.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbieI believe your analyst is correct. We now have to wait to see what Levoy's family will be doing. I am sure there will be investigations.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
This isn't exactly true.
Actually it is.

We have all seen due process sold out in exchange for some early opinion swaying propaganda one way or another.

This is relevant how?

Secondly you guys arent listening..
Due process for the officers who shot Finicum.
Due process for the 16 people arrested.

Quit being paranoid.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm amazed at how few people on the streets know anything about this occurrance.
It is the one damning fact that can not be denied by anyone.
edit on Ram20516v10201600000056 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
If you have nothing to hide you throw everything you have to those that inquire.

Wrong, on all levels - proceduraly and legally - period.

The video shows he reached into his pockets.
A gun was found in his pocket.

The FBI released the video because of all the armchair sleuths who were claiming there was no justification to shoot him.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

This isn't exactly true.
Actually it is.

We have all seen due process sold out in exchange for some early opinion swaying propaganda one way or another.

This is relevant how?

Secondly you guys arent listening..
Due process for the officers who shot Finicum.
Due process for the 16 people arrested.

Quit being paranoid.

Without audio to the footage we can only speculate, and you know damn well there is audio for that footage.
edit on 5-2-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Actually I thought you might enjoy the dedication from his book ... and I think it's okay to cite a few short excerpts here ...

"To my friends, neighbors and citizens of this great land, please reflect on the events written herein."

"Whenever a dominant nation of the earth collapses, the record is one of horror and suffering."

"It is my belief that freedom will arise again in this land, but only after much blood and suffering. This is my witness and my warning."

from, Lavoy Finicum's "Only by Blood and Suffering" as cited above

edit on 5-2-2016 by Gryphon66 because: better format

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Wrong, on all levels - proceduraly and legally - period.

During the investigative part of the process you withhold information. You don't release tidbits to create a scenario.

The video shows he reached into his pockets.

The video shows he reached for his side. Release the audio and show us he was reaching for a gun and not a gunshot wound. That is instinctive tendency you know, to reach for and cover a wound...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join