It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would anyone vote to remain in THIS Europe? I want to Leave now please!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

If it leads to another referendum as to whether Scotland etc remain in the UK then so be it.

I think that would be an inevitability even if they chose not to stay in the EU, wouldn't you think?

However I think the UK would end up suffering from the loss of free trade between other EU nations, the financial burden in the long run could cost the UK Billions annually.
Although a multilateral free trade agreement may solve those woes post UK's EU exit.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
What could possibly happen in Scotland etc is that some vote tactically ie vote to stay in EU (although that isnt really their desire) to therefore twist the figures to make it look like a majority of the Country want to stay and therefore force a referendum as to whether to leave UK. I do know a couple of friends who intend to do exactly that because they want another referendum! However, when and if they do separate from UK they will then vote truthfully to leave EU! Politics what fun!a reply to: NateTheAnimator

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Cameron and co sold you a pup. Vote for me and we promise we will leave Europe...You fell for the Lies. The UK has more to lose than gain leaving Europe.

Just how much of the £500 billion that has gone to Europe could have been spent in the UK? schools, hospitals, flood defences, doctors, nurses, teachers, policemen, para medics, roads, railroads, sea defences, bridges, the armed forces?

The money loaned to poorer EU countries saddles them with endless debt, the interest from which goes to the big banks in the richest member states. The money flows from the bottom (like Greece and Itlay, google greek debt crisis) to the top, bypassing the citizens pockets. The banksters get the reward, the people of the EU get the dregs.

The EU is making money alright, at the top. Solo protocol is dead on when he says that Cameron lied about leaving the EU. Its a gold mine.

Who owes what to who? (interactve chart)
edit on 5-2-2016 by intrptr because: Link

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

What do things matter to us the people? I really expect whatever agenda the powers over our heads have for our country then this will be carried out. People in other countries have voted no to more integration, but when a no vote is ignored no doesn't mean no so where do the people's views get noticed by the politicians?

The idea of having a single market for European trade is great. Keep the barriers down, free trade in a zone where all regions play it fair
But keep the flippin politics out of it. Who honestly wants someone in Brussels setting their taxes and telling us what to do and how to live our lives? Single economic market................. Yes. But that's as far as most Brits want.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Excellent link, thank you for that!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
So do fellow Brits wish to remain or leave this sinking ship?

Yes you do. As I fellow Brit, I say "Get out of the UK!". The UK has shockingly bad weather, where it is either raining or overcast or raining or overcast. It is much nicer in continental Europe. Not to mention, House prices are absolutely scandalous in the UK, and the standards of living isn’t the best either, or that everyone you encounter looks frigging miserable, especially the kids. Prone to a high violence rate. A lot of mental cases too, which happens in a country whose citizens are lacking in vitamin D.

Also, let’s not forget, student tuition fees don’t apply in countries like Germany or France, and Denmark even pays for their kids to go to college. So raising a family will be nice, especially to know that your child will not be in debt for maybe the rest of their lives. European countries also hate massive corporations monopolizing everything, which is counter to what UK politicians like.

As far as politics go, the UK is probably the worst of any western "democracy". David Cameron was allowed to form a majorty government with 36% of the vote. Yep, that’s how politics works in the UK, a government can form a majority despite only representing a minority. Whereas in a country like Germany with proportional representation, the conservatives would infact only get 36% of the house. That is also not taking into account that only 24% of the voting populous actually voted for the Tory Party at all. And also the fiasco with UKIP who got 4 million votes and only 1 seats out of 650. This means that the British are stuck with the Tories or Labour forever.

Over a million people marched in the UK to stop the UK going to war in Iraq, but the establishment did not listen at all. Instead they went on with their illegal war anyway, found not one weapon of mass destruction, and destroyed a sovereign nation and army were a million people died. The British establishment thought it would be great to then support a foreign insurgence in Syria (calling them moderate rebels), knowing that this terrorist uprising was backed by the Salafist, the Muslim Brotherhood, and Al Qaeda. Knowing that this could create an insurgence that would extend into Iraq, filling the vacuum created by US/UK devastation of that country. Yep, and now have ISIS….who YOU are worried about.

I could go on a make this post a hell of a lot bigger, but Yes, the British should get out of the UK as soon as possible. Maybe either p3ssing off somewhere altogether (New Zealand is an amazing country). The easiest would be using that EU passport of theirs and maybe trying their luck in countries were the sun shines more and have a better standard of living…..

oh hang on….. you want to get rid of that EU passport.....

oh I see, you linked to the daily mail..... that explains everything now.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Debunkology
the British should get out of the UK as soon as possible. Maybe either p3ssing off somewhere altogether (New Zealand is an amazing country).

Surely running away is a last measure. We need a new political force that puts Britain and its people first and defends them against foreign ideas and invasions. In many ways I'd like to see Prince Charles take over as he'd do a better job than these wimp politicians. He talks much sense, power to Charles

edit on 5-2-2016 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
So do fellow Brits wish to remain or leave this sinking ship?

The UK has shockingly bad weather, where it is either raining or overcast or raining or overcast. It is much nicer in continental Europe.

Hey now! I must retort! You leave our weather alone, thank you very much!

Jokes aside, I actually prefer overcast/rainy/stormy/cold over the sun (although I'm not a vampire)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Your sources and links are utter sh**.

After all the threads on here about media manipulation, news agenda and different types of media outlets - you still fail to learn.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Cameron and co sold you a pup. Vote for me and we promise we will leave Europe...You fell for the Lies. The UK has more to lose than gain leaving Europe.

Scotland had its chance to bugger off and go running to your new master Merkal and you were to cowardly to take it.

Honestly if England vote out we should hold a new Scottish referendum.

Let you Scottish poodles go running off to mistress Merkal to see what scraps she will feed you, woof woof
Hahahaha

Please dont take up Stand up Comedy. I would hate to go see the same show twice.

originally posted by: crazyewok
Well if England leaves the EU , Scotland feel free to leave the UK. Scotland can Kow tow and Grovel to there EU masters like good little puppies, woof woof. Maybe Mistress Merkal will thow you a bone or two ha!

Ok lets discuss it seriously then.

You still have failed to explain why Scotland would be more "free" as "independent" yet a insignificant part of the failing EU bureaucracy than a significant part of the UK and with a huge presence in parliament?

You talk about freedom but you still fail to explain how Scotland would be more free handing its sovereignty over to Brussels 470 miles away to an organisation were you have only 6 MEP (and a lot of the biggest decisions are done but the unelected EU council anyway) than to Westminster 397 miles away were you have 59 MP’s 54 of them SNP ?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

As far as politics go, the UK is probably the worst of any western "democracy".

Er the USA is probably the worst! Don’t put us below that political catastrophe.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Crazy, I know you love the U.K or more specifically Britain (which is great, I'm a patriot as well) I saw the way you talked to your Scottish counter part, I see your slants. Our countries are not enemies we are more like family, but we (over here) earned ours! so while you may speak to solo like that about Scotland(who honestly should rip you a new one), you ain't gonna do it about the U.S. - we may be many things,but the "worst" or easily dissmissed, that's a pipe dream even the most boisterous enemy couldn't utter in honesty. Check your bravado, as for leaving the EU I think it's a great idea and support your ideas about it.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

I don't know, the main thing that bothers me is that it's not democratic enough.

Its overblown and riddled with corruption.
It seeks to rid nations of their sovereignty and to impose control from a highly centralised government.

If the EU was refomed to be a proper democracy I can see the advantages.

As most Brits I can see the obvious benefits of a Free Trade Association.
I see very few advantages of increased political union within the EU in its current format.

Devolve power to all the regions within some sort of Federal framework could possibly work.

What we have at present is an entity that seeks to increase the powers of the centralised government.

a reply to: Soloprotocol

The UK has more to lose than gain leaving Europe.

Like what?

a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Pro-European sentiment is probably stronger in Scotland than in the other constituent parts of the UK.

But this could all change quite dramatically once the debate begins in earnest.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Been there and done that for 15 years and still came back to UK. I missed our grey drab weather and the changing seasons. I came back in Autumn and the colours took my breath away. I missed the dry humour of British people, I missed carpets and I missed our toilets, never quite got used to an hole in the ground.

Political system I agree wholeheartedly with every one of your points.

EU passport not bothered would rather have British one I used to have, can still travel to Europe with one of those I am almost sure!

New Zealand maybe when all else fails but for now rather than giving in and running away again this time I would rather stay and fight for our way of life that is sadly slipping away but maybe, just maybe if we could leave this sinking ship we would be able to see the horizon again and bring this Country safely back to shore and make it Great once more!a reply to: Debunkology

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Crazy, I know you love the U.K or more specifically Britain (which is great, I'm a patriot as well) I saw the way you talked to your Scottish counter part, I see your slants. Our countries are not enemies we are more like family, but we (over here) earned ours! so while you may speak to solo like that about Scotland(who honestly should rip you a new one), you ain't gonna do it about the U.S. - we may be many things,but the "worst" or easily dissmissed, that's a pipe dream even the most boisterous enemy couldn't utter in honesty. Check your bravado, as for leaving the EU I think it's a great idea and support your ideas about it.

I wasn’t saying that to insult the USA. Only that the way you election system works is completely rigged from the outset.

That’s not a insult that is just a fact.

UK politics has many problems and is corrupt to the core but USA politics at least on a federal level takes corruption to whole new levels.

Thats not saying the USA is easily dimissed or the USA people are bad, just you goverment is a joke and a very bad one at that.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Scotland had its chance to bugger off and go running to your new master Merkal and you were to cowardly to take it.

The Scots decided they wanted to stay within the Union for various reasons - cowardice had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Though I sometimes wonder why?

Honestly if England vote out we should hold a new Scottish referendum.

Its a Union - all or nothing!

Let you Scottish poodles go running off to mistress Merkal to see what scraps she will feed you, woof woof
Hahahaha

You judge all Scots on Solo's postings here on ATS?

Is it any wonder many Scots have the opinion of the English that they do?

Though if England vote out and the other idiots vote in I can see another round of independence referendums.

Idiots?
Are you calling all Welsh, Scots and Northern Irish 'idiots' or anyone and everyone who is pro-EU?
Or is it just anyone who has a different opinion to you?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Yes I do refuse to learn from you and your chosen agenda!a reply to: and14263

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Just how much of the £500 billion that has gone to Europe could have been spent in the UK? schools, hospitals, flood defences, doctors, nurses, teachers, policemen, para medics, roads, railroads, sea defences, bridges, the armed forces?

Could have or would have are two completely different scenario's.

Bear in mind we have a government that is obsessed with generating profit for the private sector.

a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Why is it inevitable that there will be another referendum on Scottish independence so soon after one being held?

Although a multilateral free trade agreement may solve those woes post UK's EU exit

We all understand the benefits of a Free Trade Association - which is what the UK joined up, political union was never on the agenda.

Bear in mind that the Germans will always want to sell us their BMW's and Merecede's regardless of EU membership.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The Scots decided they wanted to stay within the Union for various reasons - cowardice had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Though I sometimes wonder why?

O I am just egging him on as he is allways talking Bravo about freedom.

originally posted by: Freeborn
Are you calling all Welsh, Scots and Northern Irish 'idiots' or anyone and everyone who is pro-EU?
Or is it just anyone who has a different opinion to you?

I’m half welch so no I’m not calling them all idiots. Though I do quotation the intelligence of anyone that wants to remain in a disaster like the EU.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

No one will tell us the truth in the UK. As a consequence, we will never know which was the right choice until after the decision has been made.

I'm getting used to it now.

<< 1    3 >>

join