It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would anyone vote to remain in THIS Europe? I want to Leave now please!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
So David Cameron this week showed the UK how well he has done in his negotiations with the EU (NOT!). Rather than taking back our sovereignity so we can decide who we allow into this Country we have been told we can have an emergency brake but only when agreed by the member states of the EU which already we are being told will be voted against! Even his own backbenchers were disgusted at what he has achieved which was made clear in Parliament and in this democracy we live in the MP's have been gagged until negotiations are agreed and told not to listen to their voters with regard to whether leave or remain but to follow their heart.

In the background this week things are really starting to heat up in Europe. Greece is descending into chaos because of strikes in protest at austerity measures put in place by EU and whilst at the same time trying to deal with the thousands of migrants still arriving on a daily basis. Riot police have been called in to restore order but how much longer till Greece breaks down into civil war? Some migrants had already become angry this werk because taxis were blocking them from carrying on with their invasion.

In Germany they have received many tip offs that ISIS members have managed to infiltrate the Country hidden amongst refugees and whilst still reeling from NYE therr have been many raids made this week by Police searching for ISIS members because of intelligence warning of a imminent attack.

In Sweden we are told there are now many No Go areas where Police dont feel safe to enter due to the lawlessness and rise in crime and where women no longet feel safe because of the rise in sex attacks.

France are still in a State of Emergency and it is now surfacing that one of the guys involved in the Paris attacks boasted that himself and 90 more ISIS members (some British) managed to come into Europe from Greece under the guise of refugees and that furthef attacks were planned.

www.dailymail.co.uk... Chaos-crisis-just-day-EU.html

So do fellow Brits wish to remain or leave this sinking ship? Why anyone would vote to stay is beyond me and the only ones I hear saying they want to remain are the big business men who have vested interest purely in economical terms. However, we still keep being told how remaining in Europe makes us so much safer, REALLY! There are rumours circulating that if we vote to leave the EU will then cave in and give the UK what they want at which stage we will be told we will be staying. Are these just rumours or much nearer the truth, nothing would surprise me any more! I just want out now as soon as feasibly possible before the UK sinks with the rest of Europe!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Told you he would fail.

Knew it.

Only way I would have stayed anyway is if the EU went back to a purely non political union.

Better to leave now while the UK is going strong than wait until the EU drags us half down the crapper.
edit on 5-2-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
I just want out now as soon as feasibly possible before the UK sinks with the rest of Europe!

To be fair we are not in the same boat (pun intended), being out of the Euro and the Shengan zone.

I don't know, the main thing that bothers me is that it's not democratic enough. If the EU was refomed to be a proper democracy I can see the advantages.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Cameron and co sold you a pup. Vote for me and we promise we will leave Europe...You fell for the Lies. The UK has more to lose than gain leaving Europe.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hi

Although I agree with getting britain out of Europe I feel you are falling into the blame the refugees trap.

It is very dangerous when the public have such fear of immigrants/refugees. It falls into the trap the government have set in order to put in measures to "protect us".

I don't blame the human beings on being pushed from country to country. I blame the government's and big business who have hijacked them.

Looking through your posts you have a lot of fear and anger towards refugees.

Have you ever met one?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

I'm not too well versed on UK politics but do the brits want all of the UK to leave the EU or just Britain herself?
If I recall Scotland,Wales and northern Ireland still have their hearts sold on staying in the EU.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scouse100

originally posted by: anxiouswens
I just want out now as soon as feasibly possible before the UK sinks with the rest of Europe!

To be fair we are not in the same boat (pun intended), being out of the Euro and the Shengan zone.

I don't know, the main thing that bothers me is that it's not democratic enough. If the EU was refomed to be a proper democracy I can see the advantages.

But it won't ever be reformed.

People have been saying it needs to reformed for as long as I remember and nothing it done, it just gets worse.

Any mention of change and the EU beurocrates buck and dig there heels in. Hell look at how much effort it took to even get this miserable pittance of a deal.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
In saying that I dont believe the UK is democratic enough with the present voting system. Its either Labour or Conservatives hence why they dont really listen to the people who put them there. Its just like a constant game of ping pong where no government is held accountable until they swap again and each blames the other. I am sick of the cycle. To really get them to sit up and act for the people who put them there they need to be took out of their comfort zones and really work for the people. I believe we will only gey this by a new system, it would also encourage more to vote

With regards to EU it definitely isnt a democracy more like a dictatorship from the in crowd!.a reply to: Scouse100

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Cameron and co sold you a pup. Vote for me and we promise we will leave Europe...You fell for the Lies. The UK has more to lose than gain leaving Europe.

Scotland had its chance to bugger off and go running to your new master Merkal and you were to cowardly to take it.

Honestly if England vote out we should hold a new Scottish referendum.

Let you Scottish poodles go running off to mistress Merkal to see what scraps she will feed you, woof woof
Hahahaha
edit on 5-2-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

I'm not too well versed on UK politics but do the brits want all of the UK to leave the EU or just Britain herself?
If I recall Scotland,Wales and northern Ireland still have their hearts sold on staying in the EU.

Referendum unfortunately is for all the UK.

Though if England vote out and the other idiots vote in I can see another round of independence referendums.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

The above is a little story that ALL of the remain crowd refuse to acknowledge.
By 2020 every member of the EU will be part of the Euro and have to give up their own currency.

If there was no other reason to leave, this on its own would be enough.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
www.telegraph.co.uk...

The above is a little story that ALL of the remain crowd refuse to acknowledge.
By 2020 every member of the EU will be part of the Euro and have to give up their own currency.

If there was no other reason to leave, this on its own would be enough.

Someone get me a vomit bag.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
That is what the leaders of Scotland, Wales and Ireland would have you believe but I have many Scottish and Welsh friends who want to leave. The proof will only come out after the vote as to whether those leaders have read the mood in their Country correctly. I know SNP assume their voters want to remain but although a lot of my Scottish friends are staunch SNP they still want to leave EU.

If it leads to another referendum as to whether Scotland etc remain in the UK then so be it. Although I dont think the result would be any different in fact it could be higher to stay in UK. I know a lot are now disillusioned with SNP and feel they have not followed through.a reply to: NateTheAnimator

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Scotland had its chance to bugger off and go running to your new master Merkal and you were to cowardly to take it.

Honestly if England vote out we should hold a new Scottish referendum.

Let you Scottish poodles go running off to mistress Merkal to see what scraps she will feed you, woof woof
Hahahaha

Please dont take up Stand up Comedy. I would hate to go see the same show twice.

originally posted by: crazyewok
Well if England leaves the EU , Scotland feel free to leave the UK. Scotland can Kow tow and Grovel to there EU masters like good little puppies, woof woof. Maybe Mistress Merkal will thow you a bone or two ha!

edit on 5-2-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

In Sweden we are told there are now many No Go areas where Police don't feel safe to enter due to the lawlessness and rise in crime and where women no longest feel safe because of the rise in sex attacks.

Move to America. There are places here in cities across the nation police don't 'like to go' either, except by force, due to gang activity.

Lots of different cultures have established their 'zones', exclusive to them. Especially at night.

But feel free to come here and see, from a moving car, during the day.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Yes, it's the same as Labour.
The SNP and the Labour party have an official position of remaining in the EU despite massive tracts of their membership wanting out.

I used to be a member of the RMT union, one of the more militant, old style ones. The leadership consistently opposed our membership of the EU, but the political class of the labour movement refused to listen.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Just how much of the £500 billion that has gone to Europe could have been spent in the UK? schools, hospitals, flood defences, doctors, nurses, teachers, policemen, para medics, roads, railroads, sea defences, bridges, the armed forces?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I want to leave EU to get back our Sovereignity as a Country. I am not blaming refugees for me wanting to leave Europe, I wanted to leave way before the present crisis because of us being constantly overruled by the European Parliament and because I believe the money spent each and every day would be better spent in our own Country. So we can deal with flooding by dredging and all the other silly rules put on us by unelected bureaucrats.

We were never asked if we even wanted to join this club so really this will be the first time we have been askeda reply to: InMyShell

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Yes I have met many refugees. I have worked voluntarily in a Womens Refuge for years dealing with women and children escaping sexual and physical abuse. Does that answer your question?a reply to: InMyShell

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
For me, personally, I want out. Putting aside the immigrant issue, I want an England (and the rest of the UK if they're willing) to pull out of the EU completely. My reasons? (And, yes, they are selfish and personal so I don't expect everyone to agree):

1) I want to keep the £
2) I don't want to be Brussels sycophant
3) I want this country to stand by itself and be be proud of itself

What we also need - and this could be construed as science fiction - is for every MP to be sacked and/or shot (delete as applicable) and put folks in charge who actually care about people over money and politics.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join