It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me, a fox and a little miracle.

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm not sure this is the right forum, but here goes.

I'm going back some years to this event, but it's something I will never forget.

I was driving on a short journey. It was a bitterly cold, freezing night. As I drove, I saw the body of a fox, obviously a road kill.

It always upsets me to see such things, but I journeyed on. Then on my return I was thinking about the poor fox and it troubled me to think that it may be run over by other cars. So I decided when I reached it, I would pull the body onto the grass verge.

I got to the fox and I stroked its head and said a few words. I was really choked.

I pulled him onto the verge and left.

A few weeks later I was driving along a different road. There was woodland on both sides and It was poorly lit.
The weather was atrocious with icy rain and strong winds.

As I drove I noticed movement ahead to my right. I immediately slowed and was stunned to see a fox casually walk from the hedge row
and saunter across the road. I had no choice but to stop my car to avoid hitting the fox.

Then as the fox got directly in front of me it stopped, turned its head and we made eye contact.

Then he continued crossing and disappeared from view into the woods. I thought how odd its behaviour was but I set of again on my journey.

A couple of miles further I turned right into a steep road and saw a car ahead of me, coming towards me when the driver lost control and his car went into a semi spin. His car was sliding very quickly towards mine. It happened so quickly I slammed on my brakes and braced myself for the impact.

The car stopped literally inches from mine.

If that fox with its strange behaviour hadn't forced me to stop my car, I would have been in a head on collision.

I don't know why I feel this has anything to do with the road kill but I do think it.

I just wonder if any of you guys have had a near miss like mine.

Maybe it's just coincidence, I don't know, but at least I lived to tell you.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
When dogs die they always come back to say good bye, ask anyone who's lost their best friend.
Foxes too probably come back to say good bye, as you witnessed!

There's more to foxes than meets the eye! Take a look here

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk
Thank you so much. What amazing pictures. I really enjoyed them until the fox got the mouse. Poor mouse.

I'm a sucker for animals, even mice.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ashflash

Your story immediately reminded me of this.

edit on 2-2-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

That was just lovely. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I love your story! I'm the same way even with bugs. I've moved countless bees and one giant dragonfly on their last breath out of the path of getting smooshed.
I believe the spirit of the fox, that lives on in all foxes, helped you that night because of gratitude for your kindness.
Peace and good will to you!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Thank you peppycat.

I relate with you regarding bugs. I have often come across bees on the ground and was told it's a sign that they are exhausted. What I do is mix sugar and water onto a spoon and pour it onto the ground about an inch from the bee.

Within seconds the bee homes in to the sugar water and it's amazing to watch how it gobbles up the 'energy drink' and flies away refreshed.

Slugs, well I don't much like what they do to my garden, (I'm an avid gardener) and I think the little buggars all congregate in my garden 'cos it's full of yummy stuff. But I just can't kill them. They remind me of mini whales and I love whales.
So I don rubber gloves, collect them in a pot and relocate them. I have a clear conscience and they live to munch elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Thank you, this is the kind of "coincidence" you know is a miracle, kindness repayed by spiritual warning. A daily miracle!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Coincidence is a word I used lightly and I know from your response that you 'get' what I'm saying.

The timing was absolutely perfect to the second.

The behavior of the fox was simply unnatural.

I've seen many foxes. They don't sachet across roads, they run.

This is why I believe this event was more than a coincidence

Thank you for your input.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ashflash Thank you for the resourceful knowledge about the bees! I will start to carry some sugar on me and I always have water!

slugs deserve love too no matter how pesky! I'm glad you just relocate them. I don't have a garden but, I do move them out of harms way too. On a path they can be dangerous to themselves as well as people because they are slippery.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

My pleasure peppycat.

We should start a movement. Everyone carry sugar and water. Lets save a few bees.

By the way, I've used honey and jam, but sugar water is less messy.

new topics

top topics

join