It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowboarder films hovering UFO the GoPro

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LostThePlot
My first thoughts were helicopter.

Mine was, damn I'd love to snowboard one day.

Then it was, # I bet its cold, he looks like he could be very cold

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK

originally posted by: Mianeye
It's the Helicopter that brought him to the top...

Got to love the ellipsis ...

You either have no idea how to use ellipsis' or you're been a self proclaimed smart arse that assumes every man and his dog should know that this is the Helicxopter which dropped him off.

Well, then i must be a "smart arse"... not that i think i am...but i do think it's a heli.

What is your thought on the topic BTW ?
edit on 31-1-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'd go for the airplane with a banner explanation. Not lens flare.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It does look like a helicopter, however i've snowboarded for 20 years now and know that when helicopters drop you off at the top of the mountain, they don't hover there, they go to the pick up spot immediately to conserve fuel. Unless of course their is someone filming the snowboarding from the helicopter, which I'm sure wasn't the case here.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha
Or maybe they were delivering someone else to the top of the mountain and didn't drop the snowboarder in the video.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
That's what I saw in 1999 in Dallas.......400 foot cigar.......notice

it's not moving....can you tell...

it came from nowhere, remember....no traffic on the previous view

it's cloaking at 2500 A G L stationary

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I could believe helicopter, from watching the original video. It could be hovering to give the boarders a view of their options of where they want to drop? I don't know anything about that, as I am not a snowboarder, much less a helicopter snowboarder.

The second video shows something that looks nothing like a helicopter, but can't be trusted.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

Looks to me like a helicopter dangling a stokes basket.

Notice the object beneath it swinging around as if it were attached by a wire.
edit on 1/31/2016 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I need to learn to snowboard......you know....once you get the feel in your slipperiness........

they're not dropping there, it's been well trampled.....chopper drop would be in powder, huh!!
snowmass......close enough to Salida Colorado......home of the silver cigar.....as seen here at A T S .....
edit on 31-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 31-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
they say to slow the video down to one quarter at 3:20.....it takes off to the right.....

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Tried going through the frames at the 3:20 mark i lose the object. There is something a lot of snow going into the view but at the 3:20 mark, in the same spot the object was, you can see something shoot away from the sun then gets lost behind the hill.
Cant tell if its a chunk of snow or now that does that.
If it is just snow, then the object is visible until the 3:20 mark then gets lost in the sun.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I should have read all the comments, but yes thats exactly what i see also.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
@3:20? I want the same video you're watching.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Didn't even watch the video. If it's anything from Secure Team 10, it's a hoax.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Cigars have been reported and video'd there a lot lately....
ref. Salida cigar thread on ATS....

I read a report twenty years ago and they pointed out an article in the Salida news from 1895.......same description....whatcha thinkin'....

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

You almost had me going with the title, but once I saw your source..yikes! Better luck next time

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
2nd video looks legit, disregarding the source or messenger, as most people around here attack the messenger.
Alot of the big channels on youtube are somewhere in the vicinity of 50-70%hoax 30% genuine for their channels.
Judge the video on its merits, not where it ended up on youtube. You will use any means at your disposal to avoid the obvious won't you.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Yeah, genuine nutters.. They think there's all kinds of crazy stuff on the moon. Total lunacy.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

I am really a believer since I have seen something unexplainable with my own eyes in the summer of 2008.
This UFO though seems to be not unidentified flying object, but an UHO "unidentified hanging object", since I am very sure that you can see, its just some object (probably a flag) wrapped around one of these wires, that are everywhere seen in the video.
You can see it, when you watch the first (original) video with half speed. You can see it in FRONT of the snowboarder minute 1:18 - 1:22

@GBP/JPY/@Macenroe82 At minute 3:20 it looks like either an artifact or like Macenroe82 suggested, a chunk of snow.

edit on 1-2-2016 by 1muzzle because: edited for minute 3:20

edit on 1-2-2016 by 1muzzle because: typo

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'm not sure when it came into view in relation to where he was on the mountain but...

It looks to me like one of the cables the pisteurs put across areas that are prone to avalanche - they then run an explosive along the wire which then drops it into the avalanche slope below. They sometimes hang something in the middle which hangs vertically off it so its easier to see (this could possibly be wrapped around the cable horizontally). Due to the high exposure this could be why you cant see the rest of the cable - only the hanging (wrapped) marker.

There are no piste markers so i am assuming he is in the off piste - and the gradient looks like it could be a potential risk area.

EDIT - Now after watching it again i'm fairly certain this is a cable with a marker. He stops at 2.00 on the slope where the slope is just about to become very steep (this is something most people would do - gain your courage for the steep bit). Then the 'anomaly' comes into view. If you were going to drop dynamite you would do it at the top of the steep gradient.
edit on 1-2-2016 by Loque76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2016 by Loque76 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join