It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan 30, 2016 Ongoing Protests of the murder of Lavoy Finicum Burns, Oregon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Things are heating up!
If you think people arnt* pissed you're very wrong, if you think the PEOPLE support the feds, you're very wrong!

RIGHT ON PEOPLE!!!
www.youtube.com...

edit on 31-1-2016 by tensetek because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tensetek

you got a link....man?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Never mind, got it!!
edit on 31-1-2016 by tensetek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Murdered?
he was pulling a gun

he was killed
unfortunate, but pull a gun on a cop, and you're gonna get shot.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
FOUND THIS TOO! MY GOD ITS GOING OFF!!!

THEY ARE CALLING ALL PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!

BREAKING!! BURNS OREGON UPDATE! ON THE STREETS JAN.30/16 6:00 PM

edit on Sun Jan 31 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Who knows.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: tensetek

I counted about 25 cars. That is not significant. I will look at the other video.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

FOUND THIS TOO! MY GOD ITS GOING OFF!!!

THEY ARE CALLING ALL PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!

This 'Connors Report ' guy said 'this is very inspiring'. I don't disagree. A bunch of people went out at night, in Winter, to protest something. That is sort of inspiring.

but 'BREAKING'? 'calling all PATRIOTS'? Not so much. I have said, probably to my own detriment on here, that I do not like what happened. I feel the police followed them and possibly killed this man on purpose. I don't like it whenever police do this. To right wing people, left wing people, teenagers, children. It pisses me off in the EXTREME.

But I don't see what you see here.
edit on 31-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Murdered?
he was pulling a gun

he was killed

It looks to me as though he went for his gun after he had already been shot, sort of like a last act of defiance.

I also can't help but wonder, if the authorities were justified in gunning him down, where is the body cam and dash cam footage that proves this? The audio of such recordings that would clearly demonstrate this? Where is that? I think it's very telling that none of this has been released...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

If you think people arnt* pissed you're very wrong, if you think the PEOPLE support the feds, you're very wrong!

This is awesome. Like another poster said, people protesting in the freezing temps and ice and snow, when they could be home all warm and cozy... this is significant.

I've been surprised at the anger I've heard from my ranching family/friends. I only have a few, but apparently they talk among themselves and word is getting out. Democrats and Republicans... liberal and conservative... and especially the more libertarian ones... they're all fuming.

And I am so happy to see so many who understand all lives matter. Not everyone, not enough yet, but maybe this will be the spark to pull various groups together. It doesn't take anything away from anyone to say, "Yes, your lives matter too and we all stand together against these abuses of power."

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

I also can't help but wonder, if the authorities were justified in gunning him down, where is the body cam and dash cam footage that proves this? The audio of such recordings that would clearly demonstrate this? Where is that? I think it's very telling that none of this has been released...

Yeah, they really thought they were clever. But I think that's backfiring on them -- hence the protests and growing anger. There is nothing conclusive about that video as I understand it, and the lack of audio is key. But the ambush is obvious. And it didn't help they tried to pass it off as a routine traffic stop. I know they parsed their words carefully; but people know they're just weasel words.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Sorry, but we held bigger protest than this over the lunch menu when I was in high-school.

Hell, there was a better turnout for the protest over taking down the confederate flag.

Regardless of how much they exaggerate their fan base, this ignorant assed patriot movement is an epic failure with little to no support.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I could not agree more with you guys! It look to me as though he reaches down to a gunshot wound then he tries to turn and stumbles a little, and if you look his elbows are bent like he had his hands up in front of his chest then just collapses... Then you must wonder what was the deal about unloading on the truck at all, when is that proper procedure? They ambushed them and were *trying* to kill them, all of them... how anyone can not be enraged just floors me. These new videos are very inspiring and I hope the protests grow! RIP LaVoy

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Murdered?
he was pulling a gun

he was killed

Did you actually see a gun? Did you actually see him pull anything? The video doesn't show whether he was even reaching for a gun. IMO he was reaching down in reaction to being shot.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

In my opinion he was dancing. Since you can't see anything actually impacting on his skin and can't see blood spurting out of him, I feel that dancing is the most likely action.

@ OP - this is like getting in an RV and saying you're camping. All the talk about getting people to show up in the cold, middle of the night, etc doesn't change the fact that a couple dozen folks drove around and sat in their climate controlled cars, drinking warm beverages, listening to whatever they had on the stereo. As much as you and others try to puff that up, it doesn't change the actual reality. These people aren't doing anything different than a group of high school kids cruising the main drag on a Saturday night looking for friends.

How impressive.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I could not agree more with you guys! It look to me as though he reaches down to a gunshot wound then he tries to turn and stumbles a little, and if you look his elbows are bent like he had his hands up in front of his chest then just collapses... Then you must wonder what was the deal about unloading on the truck at all, when is that proper procedure? They ambushed them and were *trying* to kill them, all of them... how anyone can not be enraged just floors me. These new videos are very inspiring and I hope the protests grow! RIP LaVoy

And you're just as delusional as those armed protesters.

If law enforcement truly wanted to "kill them all," they'd all be dead and there wouldn't be any video whatsoever.

They were known to be armed, they had threatened to use deadly force against any LEOs who tried to remove them or impede their cause, they did not follow instructions during the first stop, then they fled and attempted to run through a police roadblock.

Actually, they're damn lucky they're not all dead.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Yeah, they really thought they were clever. But I think that's backfiring on them -- hence the protests and growing anger. There is nothing conclusive about that video as I understand it, and the lack of audio is key. But the ambush is obvious. And it didn't help they tried to pass it off as a routine traffic stop. I know they parsed their words carefully; but people know they're just weasel words.

Exactly. A routine traffic stop doesn't have a trooper hiding in the woods waiting for a gun fight.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Lavoy was right handed and wore a revolver on his right hip and he left it at the refuge. Never was a mention of a 9mm except by the cops. The reaching he did was in reaction of getting shot the first time while his hands were up.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: Boadicea

Exactly. A routine traffic stop doesn't have a trooper hiding in the woods waiting for a gun fight.

It does when the people you're expecting to stop are known to be armed and have threatened law enforcement with deadly force if they try to interfere with their protest!

Like good Boy Scouts, law enforcement came to the party prepared. Which is a helluva lot more than I can say for the protesters.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join