It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Flies drone over a U.S. aircraft carrier!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

Unprofessional? Oh i get it,the drone was unarmed.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I love threads like these. How could it NOT turn into America bashing...lol

You can take anything that hints at a possible military weakness of the US and have people eagerly flock like they were watching a plane crash or a striptease.

Even when everything is spoken to by people in the know, many cant let their daydream die. Its a fight to keep it going against the facts.

Then they whip out their lists of this and that military campaign, this or that bombing, this or that act in violation of international law....

its really naive.

There are as many US weapons and war systems being made, sold, and used by the makers AND the buyers as there are Russian, Chinese, Iranian efforts doing the same. But hey, the fact that the world has killed more people with the proliferation of AK-47s than all F16s or bombs ever could is nothing. Its a nuance to the REAL WORLD on an international level that escapes most. LOL

People then want to say that its all in response to the other side and its imperialist efforts. Oh wow thats naive and carelessly innocent.

Then comes the mental diarrhea in response full of every memorized and formulaic rebuttal in the arsenal. A standard one is to associate the US with all known evil like it was the devil itself and Americans his demons. Its borderline religious fervor at that point. Everyone should go through it once. Its incredible.

edit on 2 6 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Are you an American?

Have you ever been through a bombing campaign within your town/city/neighborhood?

Have you ever witnessed your area leveled by airstrikes?

Have you ever lost a loved one due to this act?

You speak of naivety - - yet you never lived through the opposite end. . . Your point of view is not so incredible.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingIsBack

Awesome logical fallacy. You did not address his post at all.

What does any of what you posted have to do with the OP bashing America for being "weak" because they did exactly what they should do, which is ignore the drone that is not a threat?
edit on 7-2-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Who are you? Does Tadaman need you to defend him?

Did I hurt your feelings? Seems so.

What should united states do? For real? Where was the USS Harry Truman located at that time?

- Persian gulf.

Not exactly off the coast of the states, now is it?

You need tissues for those tears?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

BTW, re-read my post to Tadaman:

It Exactly addresses his points of Exceptionalism.

Because you nor he has ever lived/witnessed/lost loved ones due to your illegal acts of airstrikes. I guarantee if you were so unfortunate to be born in those areas of conflict you would have a different outlook. . .

But since you don't - - you cast stones

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SurrenderingIsBack

BTW, re-read my post to Tadaman:

It Exactly addresses his points of Exceptionalism.

Because you nor he has ever lived/witnessed/lost loved ones due to your illegal acts of airstrikes. I guarantee if you were so unfortunate to be born in those areas of conflict you would have a different outlook. . .

But since you don't - - you cast stones

Assuming what you say is true, what does it have to do with the US military being too inept and weak to stop an Iran drone?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingIsBack

I also have never had my family murdered or my dog eaten by a cannibal, yet I know those things are bad....

You have not addressed even ONE of the things I said. As if me not living an experience that MOST people on earth have never lived through, like yourself, somehow makes what i said less valid. The world can speak to these things and we dont need to suffer to validate our want to avoid that suffering.

Also, you dont know me. My American family never went through a war thank god. In the last generation. I did grow up however hearing the life lessons and experiences of my grandparents that fought and WON a civil war. (Spain). We lost everything in that. Artillery destroyed our town before the reds came in raping and killing. My family was divided and we had blood under both banners. We lost family in the most brutal of ways.

Does that count or do I have to die for you to accept my point of view?

edit on 2 7 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SurrenderingIsBack
a reply to: ownbestenemy1

U can't be serious?

Quite actually....newbie.

The Iranians have projected power in U.S. waters -- or near them -- but hey, its all the same I suppose.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Talk about pointless news. It must be a slow news day. Who bloody cares if anyone flew a UNARMED drone over a aircraft carrier. The US flies unarmed drones all over the place, even i countries they don't get authorization to fly in.

US media just wants to paint Iran as evil, instead of focusing on real news like what Israel is doing to Palestinians.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join