It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't We Block Email Senders Anymore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This is a first world rant, so no biggie.

For years, I've been receiving emails from a really overbearing person that I dated for a little while. I find it so annoying, and obviously he has some issues regarding just letting it go. The best thing would be just to cut off the line of communication entirely, BUT, I can't really do that, as my Gmail account (which I'm not willing to let go over this) will not allow me to block a sender. Why? Does anyone know the reason for this?

I'm not willing to let the address go, as it's very specific, and many business contacts use the address to contact me regarding freelancing opportunities. I can send it to the spam folder, but it's still there. I wish there was a concrete solution.

I've even tried sending an email stating that the sender had been blocked, but the emails keep coming.

Okay, I feel better.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Have you considered killing him?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

You can make a rule, seeHow to Block Senders in Gmail
See Part 2

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

lol

Maybe a little premature I'd say.

I would recommend setting up a dedicated mailbox for her stalkmails (I know, it's a guy) to be directed to. That way you don't have to see them and you will retain any evidence you may need if you must resort to law enforcement.

Just as a practical matter, I think you should read the emails just to make sure that they aren't gearing up for some malicious activity. Much better to know than not.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Have you considered killing him?

Yes. It seems reasonable.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MinangATS

You can make a rule, seeHow to Block Senders in Gmail
See Part 2

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Thanks for that advice. I don't think it's all that serious, but I appreciate the caution all the same.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
this might help.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Problem solved, thanks everyone.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Are you serious? Mark the next one as spam and you're done. No more alerts...rt to spam folder.

Done it and still do it...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yes, as I said, I'm fully aware that I can send it to the spam folder. I am serious. So, so, serious.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
To anyone with this problem. You can download and use E M Client which is built for gmail. I send these type of emails to the junk file and blascklist the domain. It works pretty well and you have your email while offline. My best,

top topics

join