It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Suffers From Same Thyroid Condition As Hillary Clinton

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Medication from pigs is "Christian Only".

The time will come for answering to the higher authority.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

This is entirely untrue. I opted to have my thyroid removed completely (and very glad i did this as opposed to "treating" it) because it is much easier to handle having no thyroid than having a malfunctioning one. I'll explain (hopefully quickly and concise).

I had to have mine taken out, and there are two options, the 1st is to use radioactive iodine, which is a bit controversial in of itself (you are inducing radioactivity into your body and aren't allowed to be around other people for a few days while the radioactivity heads into your thyroid and "burns" it away). The problem with using radioactive iodine to destroy your thyroid is that no one can know how much of your thyroid will be destroyed, or whether your body is going to try to actively fight the radioactive iodine and actually overproduce thyroid levels, creating a little war in your through. The point is getting your levels under control, so that option seemed sketchy.

The benefit of having no thyroid is that there is no thyroid hormone being produced by your body at all, which means you don't have to guess how much extra thyroid hormone to add. Your body is set to zero, that won't/can't change at all. Then it's much more simple to deduce the level you would need based on your age, sex, and weight. I've taken synthroid for years and it's completely a non-issue.

As long as I take the synthetic hormone every day it's just like my body is making it. No big deal, at all.

I mean, you're smarter to go after Bernie for being generally "old" than this.

Slapmonkey, this sounds like an issue of not having a good endocrinologist, because as explained, no thyroid is always easier to treat (it makes the math much simpler). And I hope your wife finds one, cause this isn't a difficult problem to solve (was her surgery successful? is her thyroid actually all gone?). I'd ask some questions and find a new doc.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
hyper

There's hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. They are opposite conditions.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yep. Hyperthyroidism is more serious. It's the one that causes weight gain too.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I think your sarcasm meter is broke.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think somebody asked.
Hillary takes 'Armour Thyroid'.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

No, hyperthyroidism (also known as Graves Disease - although not a "disease" in the traditional sense) means your body (& metabolism) are going really quick (due to an overproduction of thyroid hormone), and you lose weight very quickly & easily. I know, I had it (although hyperthyroidism is very rare in men).

Hypothyroidism means your body is slow.

They are both serious, and both very easily treatable.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well, I certainly agree that we don't need another consecutive term with a narcissist in office.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: IAMTAT

OMG! He's got a boo-boo on his knee! LOL! Which is about as common as hypothyroidism, which I also have, and I take levothyroxine daily, too. Me and Bernie... We be mates!

You're so funny!

Yeah, you're right. That isn't any big deal ... just like it wasn't for McCain. Oh wait, for McCain it was just that he was old that was enough to start the death watch in the press. He was so OLD! Who knows if he'll even live long enough to be elected? What if he is and then he dies? OMG! What a risky candidate ...

Then they made fun of his inability to lift his arms above his shoulder ...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
They are both serious, and both very easily treatable.

Easily treatable, sure, but very hard to perfect when the thyroid has been removed due to Grave's Disease. My wife has yet to find a doc who is willing to trust her amount of research and knowing what her body needs, so they are being so conservative with the dosage that it's not enough, and it's causing her to retain weight and not lose it when an appropriate diet and exercise are employed.

It's utterly frustrating, because she is always fatigued and tired and hurting, but can't get anyone to pull their head out and try increasing the dosage. At least her current doc prescribed her a natural thyroid medicine, so there's that.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
He might want to up his Iodine supplements, a vital nutrient the body can't produce. i get mine from Kelp.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

This is entirely untrue. I opted to have my thyroid removed completely (and very glad i did this as opposed to "treating" it) because it is much easier to handle having no thyroid than having a malfunctioning one. I'll explain (hopefully quickly and concise).

The benefit of having no thyroid is that there is no thyroid hormone being produced by your body at all, which means you don't have to guess how much extra thyroid hormone to add. Your body is set to zero, that won't/can't change at all. Then it's much more simple to deduce the level you would need based on your age, sex, and weight. I've taken synthroid for years and it's completely a non-issue.

As long as I take the synthetic hormone every day it's just like my body is making it. No big deal, at all.

Slapmonkey, this sounds like an issue of not having a good endocrinologist, because as explained, no thyroid is always easier to treat (it makes the math much simpler). And I hope your wife finds one, cause this isn't a difficult problem to solve (was her surgery successful? is her thyroid actually all gone?). I'd ask some questions and find a new doc.

Okay, here we go.

First off, each case is different, so my generalization of it (and your subsequent generalized denial) mean nothing, because like I said, individual cases present their own individual issues.

My wife has been through five (yes, five) endo-docs, and she had one that she liked and was willing to work with her requests to a point, but we had to move to chase jobs and lost access to that doc. It is what it is.

The problem where we live is that there aren't a lot of endo-docs, and the ones that are around have a multi-month wait to see new patients, so the entire process is frustrating to my wife and so time-consuming that nothing gets accomplished. I keep trying to pursuade her to not give up the search for a good one, but after 12 years of not finding a consistently good doctor, I can understand her frustration.

The problem with her is that her T3 and T4 levels don't seem to work together like with a "normal" patient who has had a thyroidectomy, so that is the basis of the problem. She also has things like a higher-than-average heart rate (she has all of her life) that keep endo-docs nervous about upping her dose. There are more things, too, but just suffice it to say that my claims about her personal experience support my comment, and your claim that everything I typed out is "entirely untrue" is a bit misguided, but like I said, I shouldn't have generalized.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

There's hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. They are opposite conditions.

Yes, I know--my point was that her's went hyper after her first pregnancy, then had to be removed, and in doing so, naturally she was hypo at that point.

I didn't think I needed to point out that an individual is hypo once a thyroid is removed.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I have the exact same problem as what your wife is going through.

I've been chasing doctors and endos for over 15+ years trying to get a proper diagnosis. There's no doubt in my mind that I have hypothryroidism, it runs rampant through all the women in my family and I'm all too familiar with the symptoms and how they progressively develop through the years.

The problem I'm having is that my TSH levels show as being in the lower end of the "normal range", which means I can't find anyone who's willing to put me on the proper meds even though my symptoms are so blatantly obvious and are progressively getting worse as the years go by.

Through much of my research (having to be my own damn doctor these days), I've discovered that the biggest problem here in Canada and the US is that the "normal range" for thyroid hormone levels is so wide, you practically have to be half dead before your levels move out of the normal range. Basically what that means is that by the time your levels fall into the problem ranges, you've actually been suffering with numerous symptoms for at least 5-20 years of your life.

It's bloody ridiculous.

Whereas in Europe they reduced that normal range drastically about 10+ years ago in order to treat patients who are suffering from the symptoms but their levels were still falling in the lower/upper ends of the "normal ranges".

North America is always several years behind when it comes to medical science.

It's extremely frustrating.

So I hear exactly what you're saying.... in the meantime people like your wife and I are suffering trying to deal with the physical problems going on with our bodies while the damn doctors sit on their hands scratching their asses because their outdated medical bibles tell them there's nothing wrong with us.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I will share this with my wife--although I'm certain that she knows she's not alone, it's always nice to be reminded that she's not crazy.

I wish you the best in this process, as watching her go through it sucks.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Thyroid dysfunctions are not a dysfunction of the thyroid, they are the result of neurological manipulations by the NATO Secret Services. Their manipulations cause temporary thyroid dysfunctions, and the only cure to this type of thyroid dysfunction is not to get enslaved by big pharma. It is to kick the spook's asses, From Paris to Berlin, from London to New York, the EuroSTASI runs wild helped by the NSA and other american counterparts.

Therefore, thyroid issues or hyperactivity, or whatever, is in reality a consequence of those manipulations and constitutes an ass cover, for the secret services, to justiy strange behavior. It is not a cause of the strange behavior thoug. The cause of the strange behavior is again, neurological manipulations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join