It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fiorina Offers $1.5M To Get In On The Trump-Cruz Debate Challenge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I've gotta say...I'm liking this development a great deal!
First Cruz; now Fiorina...buying in to a Trump debate to benefit veterans...and taking the msm completely out of the equation.
THIS is completely breaking the time-calcified mold of how this is done. I LOVE IT.

Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina said early Thursday that her campaign would donate $1.5 million to veterans if rivals Donald Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) agreed to let her debate the two of them directly.

Trump has said he would skip Thursday's Republican debate, hosted by Fox News, and instead host his own event in Iowa where the proceeds would benefit wounded veterans. Cruz then challenged Trump to a “mano-a-mano" debate, and a pair of Cruz-backed super PACs also sweetened the deal by offering to pay $1.5 million to veterans charities if Trump accepted the challenge.

Fiorina chimed into the conversation on Twitter and said she would donate to the cause, too, if given the opportunity to join in. She also offered to dole out another $2 million to charity if Trump deigned to spar with her at his Iowa event during the primetime Fox News debate:

"She will definitely participate in the Fox News debate tonight," Fiorina spokeswoman Anna Epstein wrote in an email to TPM.

talkingpointsmemo.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I like Carly, she is saying the right things anyway.

I was thinking she could be a good VP for Cruz.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It's like a big buy-in high-stakes poker game...and veterans get the kitty.
Trump, Cruz and Fiorina are redefining the process. I hope this happens...This is totally 'Out-Of-The-Box' thinking.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
THAT I will definitely tune in to see! Carly has been my gal since early on and she just hasn't had the chance to speak enough to get her positions and policies out there for everybody to hear. I hope they do it for her.
edit on 28-1-2016 by queenofswords because: spelling correction...yes! I'm OCD about spelling.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Trump, Cruz and Fiorina are redefining the process. I hope this happens...This is totally 'Out-Of-The-Box' thinking.

Haha! This is absolutely inside of the box thinking.

How convinenient that they just now decide to start shoveling exuberant funds towards veterans?

This has absolutely nothing to with publicity, I'm sure they all are donating out of altruism and the bottom of their hearts. LOL!

EDIT: Side not - I really don't mind Carly, but I could never support the woman. She rides off the back of her dead child to push for "anti-drug," stances - and this woman VEHEMENTLY attacks cannabis, even when IN HER OWN BOOK, she explicitly accredits her daughters demise to alcohol and prescription narcotics. It takes a special kind of sociopath to use your own dead child for political pandering.
edit on 28-1-2016 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Trump, Cruz and Fiorina are taking over the entire political process...taking it away from TPTB establishment financial backers and the MSM elites.

If this was planned...it's absolutely brilliant!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

It is totally out-of-the-box. This is refreshing to me. Carly is not a politician. Trump is not a politician. Cruz is an establishment outcast.

They are doing their OWN thinking and setting up their own procedures for getting their message out there. And whether or not you think they are using the vets (I don't), is irrelevant. The vets will get the $$$$ for it, and the candidates have chosen their own way of telling the American People what their positions are without the likes of Megyn Kelly, Candy Crowley, Chris Cuomo, or any of the other so-called moderators that do more bloviating than questioning.

I am lovin' it!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Of course it's against RNC rules to have any unsanctioned debates. Fantastic grandstanding though.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'd like Trump to open this debate up to ALL candidates...each has to buy in with a $1.5M charitable contribution...with Trump vowing to personally match all donations raised.

Let Hillary and Bernie buy in with donations too.

Auction the broadcast rights off to the networks...with the network's winning bid ALSO going to charity.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Of course it's against RNC rules to have any unsanctioned debates. Fantastic grandstanding though.

So the RNC then sanctions it. They would be forced to.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Trump, Cruz and Fiorina are taking over the entire political process...taking it away from TPTB establishment financial backers and the MSM elites.

If this was planned...it's absolutely brilliant!

You and I are on the same page! A typical kiss-ass politician will follow the standard old rule and stand in a line on a stage and be controlled by some so-called moderator.

These guys are throwing that old book out the window and instead of all the ad money going to the network, at least some of it will go to a good cause!

Trump tried. He really did. Weeks ago, he asked the networks to give the excess $$$ from the debates to Wounded Warriors and other veteran causes. They didn't. So, it looks like he has taken the bull by the horns and will implement a NEW WAY of doing things.! Love it!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I am so sick of the media choosing our leaders.

This lazy media allows the corrupt two party system to thrive.

Nomally I'd balk...But, if actual Vets get the cash...I'm in

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

It just came over on Drudge, "Huckabee, Santorum to attend Trump event"!!!! roflmao That leaves Carly and ?. Hell this is political comedy at it's best!

Sorry can't provide a link, NYT requires a subscription...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I'd like Trump to open this debate up to ALL candidates...each has to buy in with a $1.5M charitable contribution...with Trump vowing to personally match all donations raised.

Let Hillary and Bernie buy in with donations too.

Auction the broadcast rights off to the networks...with the network's winning bid ALSO going to charity.

Bernie has been working for the Veterans long before the Republican candidates acted like they care.

link   
Maybe it's payback for Cruz's PAC donating $500,000 to her PAC early in the running.

Wonder how many are aware of that?

link   
a reply to: greencmp

What does she say thats right? She lied about what was in the PP vids amoung other things. She is a joke just like every other republican candidate.

link   

So in the U.S. we'd be okay with candidates starting their "pay to play" games well before they take the oath of office? Sure, why be hypocritical, right?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm a veteran and it makes me sick that they all play these games. If they cared so much, then just donate the money if you have it available and quit pounding your chests.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
double post
edit on 28-1-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

I agree everyone but bernie is a flip floper on the issues. If republicans cared about the vets they would have helped them by now. At least bernie has tried all through out bis career.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join