It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man caught with 2 guns and koran at Hotel Entrance at Disneyland Paris

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

French police confirmed they have arrested a man after he was found carrying two firearms hidden in a bag, French media said.

He was allegedly also carrying a copy of the Koran in the bag, local media said.

A spokesman for the park said they had no immediate information on the reports.

Man caught with 2 guns and koran at Disneyland Paris

Strangely enough just had a conversation about this thus week. I said I thought it could be a target as it is such a huge Western symbol of happiness for children and families. Good job he was caught otherwise children would have been scarred for life if it was aterrorist.

edit on 28-1-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

He was going to shoot Daisy Duck for walking around halfnaked.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It was a hotel near disneyland, not at the park, maybe correct your title.
The article says they are searching for another man connected, but nothing else.
He was caught going through the hotel security check.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Beat me to it.

Apparently he gave no resistance once stopped and searched and has been arrested. Two low caliber guns, a box of ammo and a book hidden upon his person. They are also allegedly looking for a companion who travelled with him.

France remains in a state of emergency following the deadly Islamist attacks in Paris in November last year.

Police said they were searching for a companion travelling with the man.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.independent.ie...

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 28-1-2016 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yeah maybe took offence at Minnie Mouses short dress or Elsa's cleavage, shame Wreck it Ralph wasnt there to finish him off!a reply to: NeoSpartan

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

He was caught going through the hotel security check.

Is that a thing? in all the hotels I been I have never been check (other for the credit card) maybe I just stay in places worthy of terror movies..

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It seems odd. I was thinking of taking my son at Easter but after Paris shootings was dubious. Had just been discussing with friend this week who said she still thought I should go as security was tight. However, maybe that is why he has been caught at hotel. Maybe he thought security wouldnt be as tight as the actual theme park. Made my mind up for me now anyway will just stick with Alton Towers!a reply to: mr-lizard

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

France is under martial law, so I would imagine security has been ramped up everywhere, including hotels,

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Clearly, he was sick of those long friggin lines.

Waiting an hour just to see Goofy jump around like a jerk.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Some theme parks have internal hotels, he could have been checked by gate security outside the hotel inside the park or it could be he was searched at the gate outside the park?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yeah maybe thought he would cause mayhem and jump the queue or if it all got too much for him he could finish himsrlf off lola reply to: gladtobehere

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Sadly since the Paris attacks, yes.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
On a serious note this is going to cost France millions in tourism. I can imagine a lot of families wont want to take the chance now even though he has been caught!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If this is the Disney New York Hotel it is inside the Disney complex. This means that they were very near the park. Even if not gaining entrance, which all Disney's should have metal detectors that were made mandatory month or so ago, they could have easily hit the crowd outside. To me right now Orlando is a HUGE target.

These soft targets have incredible security surveillance but I am still surprised there have been no terror attacks in the West at an amusement park...or county fair?
edit on 01am31amf0000002016-01-28T11:13:15-06:001115 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It said on news New York INSIDE the Disney complex so I would have thought there would be external checks outside of the complex? Is that the case? If it is that means he wasnt detected on first lot of security checks doesnt it?a reply to: matafuchs

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It said on news New York INSIDE the Disney complex so I would have thought there would be external checks outside of the complex? Is that the case? If it is that means he wasnt detected on first lot of security checks doesnt it?a reply to: matafuchs

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Bit more infówww.dailymail.co.uk...

Apparently said on news metal detectors in hotel went off and guns and ammo were found in bag. He was with female who has disappeared. Bomb squad have surrounded the car they travelled in and the woman is being searched for. If this was innocent she no doubt would have stayed at his side so definitely looks terrorist related. Hopefully she doesnt have any weapons on her.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I know here you can pull onto the lots and you could get on the Trams and to the front gate or a hotel with no extra security. They are watching though. From all angles. The part I do not get is that you are not checked when entering a hotel usually. IIf you are trying to enter the parks you will have you baggage checked and this can happen even before you get to the gate.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It said metal detectors went off and then bag was checked.a reply to: matafuchs

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Sounds like the Frenchies caught themselves a fundamentalist Christian terrorist.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join