It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man caught with 2 guns and koran at Hotel Entrance at Disneyland Paris

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
"I.S.I.S. is a 'Mickey Mouse' team". -Barack Obama

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Someone took this video of the incident on their phone.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
It seems odd. I was thinking of taking my son at Easter but after Paris shootings was dubious. Had just been discussing with friend this week who said she still thought I should go as security was tight. However, maybe that is why he has been caught at hotel. Maybe he thought security wouldnt be as tight as the actual theme park. Made my mind up for me now anyway will just stick with Alton Towers!a reply to: mr-lizard

Yeah........................ what's the worse that can happen at Alton Towers?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The way Europe is heading I see this type of story being the norm for atleast the next decade if not much longer...

RA

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
True never thought about that! Maybe just stay in back garden!a reply to: slider1982

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

They should just close these parks, particularly in Eurabia, its only a matter of time before something awful happens.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Is that a thing? in all the hotels I been I have never been check (other for the credit card) maybe I just stay in places worthy of terror movies..

I know some hotels in Vegas have security checks but definitely not as high tech as these ones, it's just a security guard standing in front of an elevator asking to see a room key.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Thank god they caught this jerk. Once again some Islamist nut job going on a kid killing rampage at a park for kids. Don't you all love the religion of peace?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Are there any heavily armed guards around this Disney? I remember for a while after 9/11 there were a lot more armed military in the airports.

Sometimes these small calibre handguns are used to get bigger weapons. They are easy to conceal, and perfect for a close in surprise attack on a security guard carrying an automatic weapon.

-dex

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The hysteria in this thread is astonishing.
I mean, we don't even know if this is terror related at all as the article says. who the fudge goes on a killing spree with two handguns ?
edit on 28-1-2016 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens

French police confirmed they have arrested a man after he was found carrying two firearms hidden in a bag, French media said.

He was allegedly also carrying a copy of the Koran in the bag, local media said.

A spokesman for the park said they had no immediate information on the reports.

Man caught with 2 guns and koran at Disneyland Paris

Strangely enough just had a conversation about this thus week. I said I thought it could be a target as it is such a huge Western symbol of happiness for children and families. Good job he was caught otherwise children would have been scarred for life if it was aterrorist.

Florida is a concealed carry state (I just looked it up), so there's actually no law against carrying handguns and a Koran, or handguns and a Bible, or handguns and the Book of Mormon (etc). In fact, there's a bill in the Florida legislature to allow open carry.

So it would NOT be illegal to carry weapons and books, no matter what those books were.

What's happened to all the folks who support the 2nd Amendment? It doesn't say "guns permitted EXCEPT if you're Black/Muslim/Afghani/etc/etc." It applies to everyone, rich or poor, and no matter what religion. You could walk around carrying a legal long gun and books on whatever religion you like, under the law.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Agreed but this was in France.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

I don't detect as much hysteria as I do curiosity. It is interesting to speculate about these events. Sometimes we're right. Oftentimes we're wrong.

For this exercise, we've extrapolated on the layout of the facility based on the collective knowledge of members and independent research. Then we have applied supposition, based on the limited facts available, to infer various scenarios.

If there is any fear here, it is likely of the type that you would find in a suspenseful horror movie. I do not believe the curiosity of the posters in this thread should be misconstrued as "chicken little - the sky is falling."

-dex

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Agreed but this was in France.

Ouch!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I believe that FL requires permits for concealed carry, but I don't have any information about open carry. France, where this event occurred, has very stringent gun ownership laws. The Washington Post reports:

There is no right to bear arms for the French, and to own a gun, you need a hunting or sporting license which needs to be repeatedly renewed and requires a psychological evaluation.
Emphasis mine.

Strike 1: Any unlicensed weapon in France is a big deal.

Disney also has a rather stringent policy regarding firearms at any Walt Disney Resort. The USCCA posted the contents of a letter from Walt Disney World Resorts in response to an inquiry by one of the association's members:

Dear Phil,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

It may interest you to know we have a strict policy regarding firearms.

Our policy is that no guns are permitted in our theme Parks or Resorts.

If a resort guest brings one on property, it must be locked up in the safe deposit boxes at the front desk, not in a room safe. If guests visiting our theme parks bring in firearms, it must either be left in their vehicle, or checked in with security when entering the park. Only on-duty law enforcement officers whose agency has jurisdiction at the Walt Disney World Resort may carry any weapon.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

— Betsy Mayer, WDW Online Communications

Strike 2: An undeclared, unlicensed, illegal weapon found on a person in a place where weapons are prohibited.

Strike 3: He's carrying the Scripture of a religion that has been hijacked by terrorists who have created a great deal of havoc in France in the last few years.

I would like to give this couple the benefit of the doubt. However, the preponderance of evidence available to us thus far points to a terrorist connection. Any initial investigation must be pursued along these lines. So, I think it is fair for us speculate along those lines as well.

-dex

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
France and Western Europe in general will have a big problem with terrorist in the future. The number of Muslims is in expansion, especially now when migrants trying to occupy western Europe, in hope for a better life. Don't be tricked some of migrants are infiltrated terrorist IMO.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
This thread is about Paris in France in Europe in the World outside of America. There are other countries on Planet Earth besides America you know. American laws arent the laws for all countries you know. In the UK and France it is very difficult to have a gun legally. The only legal ones are for clay pigeon shooting etc and there are strict laws in place as to who can have one, people are highly vetted. Certainly a person wouldnt be allowed to walk round with them in a bag and if coming from America through the airports wouldnt be allowed to bring guns with them. I have noticed this before when guns are mentioned that a lot of Americans dont seem to realise Europe and UK have completely different laws. Many of our Police in UK dont carry a gun.a reply to: Byrd

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens didn't all those kids get their legs smashed up on an Alton towers ride last summer?

I wouldn't let the terrorists win by dictating where I visit on holiday. Your more likely to die driving to the airport than having a plane crash so I've never let that fact get in the way of travelling. I've visited some of the most dangerous countries in the world in Central America and never had any problems. If you live life in fear you'll never do anything.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I agree and I have tried to carry on as normal even if somewhat nervously. So I will be going to Alton Towers and have been since the accident.

I am also going visiting my nephews and nieces in Central London at Easter to do some sight seeing although again nervously.

France though at the moment Im not so sure about. They are still in a State of Emergency and there is just me and my little boy would be going. I would probably feel slightly better in a group so may do an organised coach trip to Disneyland Paris. It is one of his dreams to go there and unfortunately at present I cant afford the Orlando one. Good advice though life as to go on as normal otherwisr they are winning!a reply to: woodwardjnr

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Here in Texas you can open carry a sidearm. Its not uncommon to see folks exercising their new open carry rights (effective at the beginning of this year).

While i don't open carry (and likely won't), you would be hard pressed to find a time I have checked into a hotel without having a firearm in my possession.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join