It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lol. Why can't women n science be attractive?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
On an average, when you watch scientific videos, the women that appear on it to comment or narrate, on an average are rather plain looking and fat. Is is something about the subject, that is not appealing to attractive women? Or is it that beauty and brains don't belong together? Wonder what's your take about this unprecedented phenomenon.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This is an extremely shallow point of view no matter how we look at it.

I judge scientists by their credibility and achievements in their respective fields, not their looks.

Here you go! Enjoy objectifying them instead of paying attention to their work

Amy Mainzer, PhD: Astrophysics

Amy Mainzer earned her PhD in Astronomy from UCLA. She is the Deputy Project Scientist for the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer. She is also the Principal Investigator for the NEOWISE project to study minor planets and the proposed Near Earth Object Camera space telescope mission. She has appeared several times in the History Channel series, The Universe. Her research interests include asteroids, brown dwarfs, planetary atmospheres, debris disks, star formation and the design and construction of new ground and space-based instrumentation.

Franziska Michor, PhD: Evolutionary Biology

Franziska Michor received her PhD from Harvard's Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology in 2005. Afterwards, she was a Junior Fellow in the Harvard Society of Fellows and worked at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston. From 2007 to 2010, she was assistant professor at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. In 2010, she moved to the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard School of Public Health. Her lab investigates the evolutionary dynamics of cancer.

Both Franziska and her sister Johanna, who has a PhD in Mathematics, are licensed to drive 18-wheelers in Austria.

Rhonda Freeman, PhD: Neuropsychology

Rhonda Freeman earned her PhD in psychology, specializing in neuropsychology, from Drexel University. She trained within the neuropsychology track, evaluating the cognitive and emotional status of patients diagnosed with psychiatric conditions. She has provided neuropsychological services to individuals with moderate to severe brain trauma, stroke, acute stress disorder, and various other neurological and medical conditions. Since 2001, Freeman has worked for the largest neurology practice in South Florida- Sunrise Medical Group Neurology. You can follow her on Twitter, @DrRFreeman, or via her website, RhondaFreemanPhD.com .

She was a cheerleader for the Philadelphia Eagles between 1995-1999, and she cheered for the Miami Dolphins between 2006-2007.
edit on 27/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Perhaps you should turn your television off if it's your sole source for this conclusion. Or not. I agree with Ghost.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Wow. Maybe your inability to find beauty in all people has blinded you. Marilyn Monroe was no skinny minnie.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Your post certainly shows what you appreciate the most in the opposite sex, but hell I'm guilty of the same at times.

The point of my post however is that someone out there finds them attractive, and that's hopeful for someone like me who's looking, and trying to get to know people beyond a physical level.

Would you not want a potential partner to want you for more than looks ?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I thought Marie Osmond was a scientist?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

edit on 27-1-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
Would you not want a potential partner to want you for more than looks ?

I would say it's pretty evident that is all the OP cares about. Might as well get a 'RealDoll'

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

edit on 27-1-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

On an average, when you watch scientific videos, the women that appear on it to comment or narrate, on an average are rather plain looking and fat.

Damn, you're way off. ALL Women are BeaUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUteeeeeeeeeeful !!!

Wake up.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

LOL...didn't think this one through, did you?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is one of those posts that makes me wish we had a negative star button...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Lol. Why can't women n science be attractive?

They can, take Kim Kardashian for example, she has a doctorate in vague and shallow, majoring in stupidity.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I don't think the internet is working out for you.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

They can, take Kim Kardashian for example, she has a doctorate in vague and shallow, majoring in stupidity.

Think it's a double major in stupidity...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Ye gotta be kidding!!

Lucianne Walkowicz??

Shes a bit older and married... but still I've seen her on a few space documentaries... damn beautiful

I love just listening to her...

edit on 27-1-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Please give me brains over beauty...

Always...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Maybe I guess you cannot generalize, those are certainly attractive
a reply to: Ghost147

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Maybe I guess you cannot generalize

You never generalized anything.

Your title states:

Why Can't Women In Science Be Attractive?

Your post states:

Is is something about the subject, that is not appealing to attractive women?

and also

Or is it that beauty and brains don't belong together?

Besides, what proof do you have that "generally speaking" Female Scientists can't be attractive?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
On an average, when you watch scientific videos, the women that appear on it to comment or narrate, on an average are rather plain looking and fat. Is is something about the subject, that is not appealing to attractive women? Or is it that beauty and brains don't belong together? Wonder what's your take about this unprecedented phenomenon.

You don't get out enough: Fiorella Terenzi PhD (Astrophysics).

edit on 27/1/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join